Author Topic: Illinois... the largest tax hike in history  (Read 934 times)

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
Illinois... the largest tax hike in history
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:48:11 AM »
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Doomsday-Taxes-State-of-Illinois-84947527.html

Are you kidding me?  These idiots want to raise my income tax by 2/3rds to fix the mess they made?  How about you morons cut your spending vs. raising my taxes 75%? 

I am so sick of these asshats.


Offline thundley4

Re: Illinois... the largest tax hike in history
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 11:54:06 AM »
The group says it would support a state income tax increase from 3 percent to 5 percent. It also recommends the state tax retirees’ pension and Social Security checks be taxed for the first time at the same rate as workers’ paychecks. They want another $1 increase on a pack of cigarettes and to eliminate $181 million in corporate tax breaks.

They really want to piss of everyone.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 01:25:25 PM »
Hey, all that graft money, sweetheart union payoffs, and assorted other 'Special arrangements' have to be funded from somewhere, man!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 01:33:26 PM »
Here it goes again, another big "blue" state aggravating the problems they caused - the economy in Illinois is in the toilet, tax hikes of any kind should be the last thing you'd ever do. Like New York, California, New Jersey, and the rest, it's in the transition phase from being a big welfare state to being a bankrupt one - the "productive" population just moves to get away from the rates.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 01:56:18 PM »
Here it goes again, another big "blue" state aggravating the problems they caused - the economy in Illinois is in the toilet, tax hikes of any kind should be the last thing you'd ever do. Like New York, California, New Jersey, and the rest, it's in the transition phase from being a big welfare state to being a bankrupt one - the "productive" population just moves to get away from the rates.

Attention all Illinois leftists, Iowa is to our north and they welcome you with open arms in Des Moines, just stay the Hell out of Missouri on your way there.  We are dangerous gun-loving Fundie nutcases, one and all, in fact it's safer if you just go north and take I-74 into Iowa and don't even touch Missouri soil.  God knows what might happen to you here.  Dangerous!  Keep out!  Scary!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 5412

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 03:18:57 PM »
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Doomsday-Taxes-State-of-Illinois-84947527.html

Are you kidding me?  These idiots want to raise my income tax by 2/3rds to fix the mess they made?  How about you morons cut your spending vs. raising my taxes 75%? 

I am so sick of these asshats.
Hi,

Been a long time since Illinois was my legal residence.  I thought the only way they could raise the income tax above 3% was with an amendment to the Illinois Constitution.  You know anything about that?

Thanks,

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 05:06:12 PM »
Hi,

Been a long time since Illinois was my legal residence.  I thought the only way they could raise the income tax above 3% was with an amendment to the Illinois Constitution.  You know anything about that?

Thanks,

After a very brief search, all I found is that the Illinois Income tax is limited by the state constitution to being a flat tax. It's not limited as to how much it can be, it just can't be a progressive tax on income. 

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 06:06:28 PM »
Sheeze, how absolutely pathetic.

What a bang up job youz guyz in the Illinois political machinery have done.

:censored: