Author Topic: Millionaires from Mass. join call to raise their tax rates  (Read 437 times)

Offline formerlurker

Millionaires from Mass. join call to raise their tax rates
« on: April 16, 2012, 06:35:36 AM »
Millionaires from Mass. join call to raise their tax rates
By Callum Borchers
 Globe Correspondent / April 16, 2012

Philippe Villers was a little boy in 1940, when his family escaped from Paris only hours before the Nazi invasion and immigrated to the United States. From the harrowing flight of a wartime refugee, Villers went on to earn degrees from Harvard and MIT and to cofound Computervision, a former Fortune 500 company that made him rich.

“This country has been good to me,’’ Villers, 76, said. “I’d like to do my part to give back.’’

As part of his effort to give back, Villers has made an unusual request to the federal government: Raise my taxes, please.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/articles/2012/04/16/millionaires_from_mass_join_call_to_raise_their_tax_rates/?page=1

Ah Philippe, just GIVE IT TO THEM.    You don't need permission, or a law to make you do so.   It's called charitable giving, with the non-profit being Uncle Sam.

Go for it dude.  Lead by example.   

Hey nutjob Jim at FR?    Yeah that Obama deserves another 4 years doesn't he?    What is Philippe's username at FR? 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Millionaires from Mass. join call to raise their tax rates
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 07:06:58 AM »
That's what I don't understand, if you want to pay more just pay it. This seems like grandstanding.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 11:01:06 AM »
I'm going out on limb here but.....

I bet not a single one of these millionaires paid a dime extra. I will also bet that they took every single deductiona and utilized every deduction that they could.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 11:34:21 AM »
I'm going out on limb here but.....

I bet not a single one of these millionaires paid a dime extra. I will also bet that they took every single deductiona and utilized every deduction that they could.

I somewhat wonder if some of those folks have an underlying motive of actually wanting to get more loopholes with any additional tax laws.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 09:24:03 PM »
It's hard to believe that at one time people from Mass revolted against paying taxes.
If we had the people we have now back then we would still be under the crown.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.