Author Topic: Two-faced Dim...imagine that!  (Read 930 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Two-faced Dim...imagine that!
« on: April 16, 2008, 07:17:19 AM »
Catholic Senator Says Pro-Abortion Obama's Okay With Him

Capitol Hill (CNSNews.com) - Sen. Robert Casey, Jr. (D-Pa.) does not think his endorsement of Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) translates into a pro-abortion vote in the presidential election, even though Obama supports abortion across-the-board, including late-term partial-birth abortion.

"Some might characterize it that way, but I don't think it is" a pro-abortion vote, Casey told Cybercast News Service. "I have a long (pro-life) record, and it's a lot harder for me. It's much easier to be a Republican and have that position."

Casey recently endorsed Obama, despite the Democratic presidential hopeful's support of abortion and his opposition to legislation in the Illinois state Senate that would have protected babies who survived late-term abortions.

"We have a definitive and certain disagreement on abortion," Casey said. "I'm pro-life. (Obama) is pro-choice. I have supported legislation to outlaw partial-birth abortion. He doesn't agree with that."

When asked how his support of Obama fits with his Roman Catholic faith, Casey said other issues confronting the country make the Illinois senator best suited for the White House.

The only thing new here is that dims aren't usually so open/obvious about being hypocrites.

MORE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.