Author Topic: A Statement on Hypocritical Conservatism and the Government  (Read 5283 times)

Offline dmf777

• Probationary (Probie)
  • “Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.”
Ralliers against big government seem to have no problem with the enormous war machine that is half the world’s military and the biggest prison system on the planet. The “tyranny” label only pops up about public funds for education, healthcare, the environment, or unemployment insurance. The problem with a government is not its size, but whose interests it serves. Big government can provide necessary things like healthcare, employment and education for all, and protect the earth. Or it can wage grisly wars in three countries at the same time!
Now don't misunderstand, I love America, I am a Christian Republican. But hypocrisy, especially when it has become so apparent, so outright such as being displayed by many Conservatives today, is disgraceful, and the government is necessary for any free and secure society to exist in unity.
"Without education,your children can never really meet the challenges they will face. So it's very important to give children education and explain that they should play a role for their country."-Nelson Mandela

"There is nothing I fear more than waking up without a program that will help me bring a little happiness to those with no resources, those who are poor, illiterate, and ridden with terminal disease."-Nelson Mandela

"What I'm saying to you this morning is communism forgets that life is individual. Capitalism forgets that life is social. And the kingdom of brotherhood is found neither in the thesis of communism nor the antithesis of capitalism, but in a higher synthesis."-MLK JR

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: A Statement on Hypocritical Conservatism and the Government
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 05:09:26 AM »
Ralliers against big government seem to have no problem with the enormous war machine that is half the world’s military and the biggest prison system on the planet. The “tyranny” label only pops up about public funds for education, healthcare, the environment, or unemployment insurance. The problem with a government is not its size, but whose interests it serves. Big government can provide necessary things like healthcare, employment and education for all, and protect the earth. Or it can wage grisly wars in three countries at the same time!
Now don't misunderstand, I love America, I am a Christian Republican. But hypocrisy, especially when it has become so apparent, so outright such as being displayed by many Conservatives today, is disgraceful, and the government is necessary for any free and secure society to exist in unity.

What you write about is not founded in the Constitution.
Why don't you just say what you mean ?
Conservatives want to poison the air, water and land.
Conservatives want to keep everyone uneducated.
Conservatives want everyone to die from lack of health care insurance.
Conservatives want all participants in the employment market to be economic slaves to the 1%ers.
Conservatives suck because they don't worship your messiah...owebuma.

Oh, don't forget...Conservatives want to throw Granny off the cliff.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline dmf777

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 05:15:23 AM »
What you write about is not founded in the Constitution.
Why don't you just say what you mean ?
Conservatives want to poison the air, water and land.
Conservatives want to keep everyone uneducated.
Conservatives want everyone to die from lack of health care insurance.
Conservatives want all participants in the employment market to be economic slaves to the 1%ers.
Conservatives suck because they don't worship your messiah...owebuma.

Oh, don't forget...Conservatives want to throw Granny off the cliff.

Your blind and uneducated comments are a testament to how ignorant you are. I never said, nor do I believe any of the things which you stated. Please, once again I will ask you sir, do some research before posting.
"Without education,your children can never really meet the challenges they will face. So it's very important to give children education and explain that they should play a role for their country."-Nelson Mandela

"There is nothing I fear more than waking up without a program that will help me bring a little happiness to those with no resources, those who are poor, illiterate, and ridden with terminal disease."-Nelson Mandela

"What I'm saying to you this morning is communism forgets that life is individual. Capitalism forgets that life is social. And the kingdom of brotherhood is found neither in the thesis of communism nor the antithesis of capitalism, but in a higher synthesis."-MLK JR

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 05:25:35 AM »
 :banghead:
Your blind and uneducated comments are a testament to how ignorant you are. I never said, nor do I believe any of the things which you stated. Please, once again I will ask you sir, do some research before posting.

You're right, I did forget one point that you really mean.
Conservatives want a military that projects US hegemony and imperialism all over the world.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline dmf777

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 05:38:41 AM »
:banghead:
You're right, I did forget one point that you really mean.
Conservatives want a military that projects US hegemony and imperialism all over the world.

Not quite, more along the lines of "stay consistent, don't cherrypick the things you say are tryanny." And "in order for the government to fulfill it's purpose of protecting the People's Natural Rights and ensuring the security and unity of the country, it must take up certain tasks, such as assisting in health care or improving our schools. That's not tyranny, it's necessary action."
Does that sound better?

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 05:59:11 AM »
Not quite, more along the lines of "stay consistent, don't cherrypick the things you say are tryanny." And "in order for the government to fulfill it's purpose of protecting the People's Natural Rights and ensuring the security and unity of the country, it must take up certain tasks, such as assisting in health care or improving our schools. That's not tyranny, it's necessary action."
Does that sound better?

Mark Levin wrote a book about Liberty and Tyranny.
It's part of the Big Dog Conservative Cave traveling library.
I was the last one to read it, so it is now available for other members in good standing of the cave to read.
If you want I can forward it to you, or you can check out the thread about the conservative cave traveling library...

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=91907.0

Why don't you educate yourself on what is and isn't Liberty and Tyranny ?
And while you're at it, why don't you educate yourself about rights and where they originate ?

Here's a hint, if a "right" is man made, it can easily be unmade.

Offline dmf777

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 06:14:48 AM »
why don't you educate yourself about rights and where they originate ?

Here's a hint, if a "right" is man made, it can easily be unmade.

John Locke devised the Natural Rights that all men have, the Rights to Life, Liberty, and Property. He stated that these were all given to every man by God, that no man should have the power to take away or control another's Rights, and that the Government's purpose was to preserve these Rights.
Without government there is no one to protect the People's Rights, and a government without power is just as useless as as a government that doesn't exist.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 06:22:50 AM »
John Locke devised the Natural Rights that all men have, the Rights to Life, Liberty, and Property. He stated that these were all given to every man by God, that no man should have the power to take away or control another's Rights, and that the Government's purpose was to preserve these Rights.
Without government there is no one to protect the People's Rights, and a government without power is just as useless as as a government that doesn't exist.

You almost have the idea.
Until you ran into the bolds.
God protects the people's rights.
Each individual is endowed with the ability to protect their own rights.
Citizens can band together to protect their own rights.
A good and just government should protect rights, but should not invent rights.
If it does, it needs to be abolished in favor of a government that does protect God given rights.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 07:03:52 AM »

Spoken like a typical totalitarian Progressive troll.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline dmf777

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 07:19:07 AM »
Spoken like a typical totalitarian Progressive troll.
Care to elaborate?

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 07:37:29 AM »

War machine?  What's your DU name?

We spend roughly 4% of U.S. GDP on defense and the Progressives like you are trying to make it smaller while at the same time you're increasing the amount of GDP spent on unfunded liabilities (welfare) which right now stads at around 16% and rising every year.

Spare me your stupid Liberal charts that show how we spend more than 10 other nations combined.  It's all been debunked here in the past about what that chart is such a bunch of BS.

If you want a big centralized government to control everything you do...move over here to Europe and never have to worry about a thing in your life again...including the freedom you traded for safety.

America wasn't founded to allow the kind of top down tyranny we see going on today.  It was founded and the Constitution outlined the LIMITED role the Federal government was supposed to have.

But that kind of "negative liberties" as you Progs like to refer to them...just drives you up the wall.

You're none of the above if you truly believe the first bit of bullshit I quoted form you.

The PEOPLE not the government are whats required to ensure freedom and society to exist.  Without the people there is no Government you dolt.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 07:38:08 AM »
Care to elaborate?

I just did below.

Offline dmf777

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 08:00:47 AM »
War machine?  What's your DU name?

We spend roughly 4% of U.S. GDP on defense and the Progressives like you are trying to make it smaller while at the same time you're increasing the amount of GDP spent on unfunded liabilities (welfare) which right now stads at around 16% and rising every year.

Spare me your stupid Liberal charts that show how we spend more than 10 other nations combined.  It's all been debunked here in the past about what that chart is such a bunch of BS.

By "war machine" I'm referring to having military bases in countless countries, the most powerful military in the world, and one of the largest nuclear arsenals. Not our defense spending.

If you want a big centralized government to control everything you do

I never said control anything, I said improve what is failing and assist those who need it. Enormous difference. Do NOT put words in my mouth.

The PEOPLE not the government are whats required to ensure freedom and society to exist.  Without the people there is no Government you dolt.

It's a two way street my friend, without the Government there is no People either, not unless you want an Anarchist society.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 08:11:24 AM »
By "war machine" I'm referring to having military bases in countless countries, the most powerful military in the world, and one of the largest nuclear arsenals. Not our defense spending.

Do you even know why we have those bases where we do?  And how they helped not only ensure that we won the cold war...but allwoed us to respond to the "ethnic clensing and genocide" issues you're bitching about in the other thread.

You really have no clue as to why the countries where we have fixed permanent bases want us there and why strategically we have them there do you?

And if you haven't been paying attention lately...we aren't the most powerful anymore.  And our nuclear arsenal is smaller than the Russians thanks to your fellow Progressives.

I never said control anything, I said improve what is failing and assist those who need it. Enormous difference. Do NOT put words in my mouth.

Your answer for the fixes you're complaining about is more Government.  And that is definattely NOT the right answer.  How many more trillions of dollars are we supposed to throw at the alleged "problems"?  The answer isn't more spending...the answer is less Federal intrusion into how the states handle these issues.

I'm not putting any words into your mouth that you aren't spitting out first.

It's a two way street my friend, without the Government there is no People either, not unless you want an Anarchist society.

Thank you for proving you have absolutely zero knowledge of the hows and whys of the founding of America.  You're totally clueless.

And I'm certainly NOT your friend.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 08:39:52 AM »

"All we are saying is give peace a chance."

You have no idea why we have nukes abd why they are important, eh ponytail?

What is failing is all the progressive crap we have loaded the government with -- 2/3 of the depart,ents in the Federal Government should not be there.

Arguably the stupidest thing ever said on all the interwebz ever.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 09:24:35 AM »
Now don't misunderstand, I love America, I am a Christian Republican.
I do not believe you are either a Christian or a Republican.

You are a liberal atheist.

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 10:59:44 AM »
I do not believe you are either a Christian or a Republican.

You are a liberal atheist.

Oooooooo.. That's gonna leave a mark.

So let me get this straight; America, which is on it's way to having the smallest Active-duty army since WW II has the most powerful military in the world? Well that's a pretty sad fact considering we can't handle a 'JV team' (your President's words)  like Daesh (also known as ISIS).

Liberals always say the military is evil, but in my experience, they use the military for more stupid stuff than conservatives.. And expect it done with less resources and people.

Its a mindset like that in a CinC that causes things like 'Task Force Smith' and Operation 'Gothic Serpent' to take place. Things that get American servicemen killed because liberals expect us to do war on the cheap.

And as for the military bases, most of those countries WANT us there. Europe enjoyed decades of prosperity and economic expansion of their social programs because they didn't have to pay as much for defense; we were there at the fulda gap to stop the red horde.

We have status of forces agreements with most of the countries that we have troops in. This protects our soldiers and serves the best interests of the country. A notable exception to that is Iraq, where we have no SOFA. Once again, thanks to your president.

If you haven't figured it out, your talk of American forces being imperial war-mongers isn't going to fly here. So how's about you take that over to Daily KOS, or whatever liberal echo chamber you want, and
 GFYS.  :bird:

ETC: 'Serpent'
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:42:27 AM by RayRaytheSBS »
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2015, 11:36:52 AM »
Oooooooo.. That's gonna leave a mark.
So let me get this straight; America, which is on it's way to having the smallest Active-duty army since WW II has the most powerful military in the world? Well that's a pretty sad fact considering we can't handle a 'JV team' (your President's words)  like Daesh (also known as ISIS).

Liberals always say the military is evil, but in my experience, they use the military for more stupid stuff than conservatives.. And expect it done with less resources and people.

Its a mindset like that in a CinC that causes things like 'Task Force Smith' and Operation 'Gothic Serpant' to take place. Things that get American servicemen killed because liberals expect us to do war on the cheap.

And as for the military bases, most of those countries WANT us there. Europe enjoyed decades of prosperity and economic expansion of their social programs because they didn't have to pay as much for defense; we were there at the fulda gap to stop the red horde.

We have status of forces agreements with most of the countries that we have troops in. This protects our soldiers and serves the best interests of the country. A notable exception to that is Iraq, where we have no SOFA. Once again, thanks to your president.

If you haven't figured it out, your talk of American forces being imperial war-mongers isn't going to fly here. So how's about you take that over to Daily KOS, or whatever liberal echo chamber you want, and
 GFYS.  :bird:

EOM...target destroyed.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 12:00:49 PM »
It amuses me to no end how liberals focus on republican hypocrisy while completely ignoring their own hypocrisy. It seems to be we have a pot visiting who desires to label the kettle as black.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:12:15 PM by FlaGator »
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2015, 01:09:08 PM »
It amuses me to no end who liberals focus on republican hypocrisy while completely ignoring their own hypocrisy. It seems to be we have a pot visiting who desires to label the kettle as black.

What amuses me are the initials in DMFnumbers name.....DUmmie Mother ???????

Offline Belle

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 01:17:58 PM »
dmf777:  "I never said control anything, I said improve what is failing and assist those who need it. Enormous difference...."

Historically, government has never been able to improve anything.  The progressives do indeed throw more money @ their big projects, but often it just makes it worse.

Want some proof?

- war on poverty:  http://www.floppingaces.net/2015/05/05/the-war-on-poverty-40-trillion-funding-failure-rather-than-facebook-or-fubu-or-ford/

- public education:  http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2008/09/does-spending-more-on-education-improve-academic-achievement

- socialized medicine:  http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/10-obamacare-horror-stories-that-are-almost-too-crazy-to-believe

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 01:56:07 PM »
:lmao:...those were my thoughts too...or a member of the Department of Mortor Forkers.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 02:15:52 PM »
DUmb Mother ****er 777,

The great conservatives here have done an excellent job of slapping you like a bitch.

Now it's a libertarian's turn.

The scariest thing about you is that you will be eligible to vote someday.

You said,
Big government can provide necessary things like healthcare, employment and education for all, and protect the earth.

Government doesn't provide anything. It takes wealth from productive people through force and the threat of force; creates money out of thin air; "borrows" from itself, businesses, and foreign government, without repaying that debt; spends the majority of that money on itself; and redistributes the rest to client groups in exchange for political support (i.e., buying votes).

Government self-perpetuation and redistribution of wealth already account for 2/3 of the budget, and have put us over the cliff. Look down, little coyote, before you suggest "universal" taxpayer-funded medicine, jobs, and education.

There is no road beneath your feet. Even if the military budget (which is mandated in the Constitution), was reduced to zero, the money to pay for "universal" healthcare, government employment, and education (which are not to be found in the Constitution) wouldn't exist.

Graphic depiction of dmf777's Utopia

Then you said,
John Locke devised the Natural Rights that all men have

Locke didn't devise natural rights, he described them. Look up the definition of "devise", and come back.

I'll wait.

Clearly, you haven't actually read Locke, as your other comments attest.

The exemplar of your ignorance was this little nugget:

If the government provides medical care, jobs, and education, then it controls medical care, jobs, and education. It can't be said any simpler than that, Super Genius.

In parting, here is a tip:

School's out. You are dismissed.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 05:48:58 PM »

Fitting name for him.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 01:21:35 AM »
I wonder if anything said to the lib sunk in.
I really shouldn't wonder from years of experiencing dense libs(birm) and seeing how evidence never does seem to sink in.