Author Topic: PROP 8: Conservatives Speak Up!  (Read 3991 times)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: PROP 8: Conservatives Speak Up!
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 11:14:01 AM »
1. (Optional) Age, gender, ethnicity, political party, and/or religious affiliation
I'm a male in my 50s, mostly Caucasian with some Amerind mixed in, NW Europe/British Isles ethnicity, a Libertarian Conservative, and not particularly religious at all.

2. What effect does Prop 8 have on you, directly or indirectly?
It only directly affects people in California, duh.  Gay marriage as a whole however affects employer group insurance pools, including mine, bringing in a ton of AIDs patients whose support would otherwise fall on Medicaid, crippling many smaller plans such as school districts or other small pools (I'm in a very large one, so it won't cripple it, just make it cost more).  On top of that, it is just stupid, see the next answer.

3. If you believe that gay marriage violates the sanctity of traditional marriage, in what way?
Since the institution of marriage was invented, sometime in the Neolithic period, there have been many variations of it involving plurality, seriality, and monogamy...ALL of which involved at least one woman on one side, and at least one man on the other.  What the Hell makes a gay couple a "Marriage?"  It's a bullshit idea in the first place.  Let's have marriage ceremonies for our damned parakeets or cats, it would mean just as damned much.

4. Do you believe marriage to be an inalienable right, and if so, why for some and not for others?
Not absolutely, though that is the drift of US Constitutional law in the 20th Centruy.  Gay people can marry anyone they want, as long as it's someone of a different gender, since that's what "Marriage" is.  Butt-buddies and Lesbian partnerships aren't "Marriage" they are just a household partnership or roommates "With privileges."

5. What do you think about the commonly expressed opinion that marriage vs. civil union is a form of "separate but equal"?
It's a straw man.  Sexual preference is not protected by the Civil Rights Act, and despite the deep but unproven belief systems of gays and their supporters, hasn't been shown to be genetic or functionally different than the same youthful sex-mapping mental flaws that produce adult shoe fetishists and leather or latex freaks.  Nor, aside from race, does "Separate but equal" even apply fully to groups that ARE protected by the Civil Rights Act...race is obvious and immutable from birth, but for other protected classes we have separate handicapped facilities, separate male and female bathrooms, and other such segregated accommodations. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 01:19:13 PM »
Hi everybody

I am currently working on a news piece about Prop 8 for my school's podcast, and I'm looking for opinions from both sides of the spectrum to quote as part of my interview segment.

Blah...blah...blah....

God hates fags.
Go tell that to your (Imaginary) school chums and close with this:
"God does not hate you because you are gay but rather, you are gay BECAUSE God hates you.
God is at some serious odds with Satan and the degeneration of our society and your AIDS/STD's demise is proof of that.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 04:15:16 PM »
God hates fags.
"God does not hate you because you are gay but rather, you are gay BECAUSE God hates you.
God is at some serious odds with Satan and the degeneration of our society and your AIDS/STD's demise is proof of that.

Can't quite buy that, PG.

I think God hates sin, but not the sinner. Plenty of proof of that in my own life....
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Jim

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 09:54:33 PM »
1. (Optional) Age, gender, ethnicity, political party, and/or religious affiliation
    55, male, white, none, Christian

2. What effect does Prop 8 have on you, directly or indirectly?
    Being California, little or nothing.  But it is good that the people there have spoken yet again and truimped the elite.

3. If you believe that gay marriage violates the sanctity of traditional marriage, in what way?
    Every way.

4. Do you believe marriage to be an inalienable right, and if so, why for some and not for others?
    Of course not, its a privilege.

5. What do you think about the commonly expressed opinion that marriage vs. civil union is a form of "separate but equal"?
    I don't care and cannot imagine why anyone bothers with the so-called civil union.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 01:13:22 AM »
Some of y'all are being a bit hard on this lad/lass. I think he/she is just a high school student working on a project.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 04:48:17 PM »
God hates fags.
I second what Eupher said...God loves all people, He only hates sin.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 04:54:44 PM »
God hates fags.
God forgives the repentant.

It's Darwin that isn't cuttin' 'em any slack.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2009, 08:52:57 PM »
Some of y'all are being a bit hard on this lad/lass. I think he/she is just a high school student working on a project.

Agreed.  He or she seems to be gone now, but the wording absolutely looks like something a high school teach would say.  I hope their project goes well.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 09:49:30 AM »
And we have "Credo" in the Ad banner......................................................
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.