Author Topic: Rick Wilson 'Confederate Cooler' And Wife's Racist Tweets Go Viral After GOP Str  (Read 600 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Is It Hypocrisy?
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/is-it-hypocrisy/

The Lincoln Project, a collection of former Republican political advisers who are opposed to Trump, recently created an ad tying Trump to the Confederate “Flag of Treason.”

Rick Wilson, one of the principals of the group, has been outspoken on the point.

Soon, the only place you’ll see the traitor’s flag of the loser Confederacy flown is at @realDonaldTrump rallies. https://t.co/CjsvF3eiwM

— Rick Wilson (@TheRickWilson) June 10, 2020

The ad campaign got a lot of positive press. But, a little Internet sleuthing showed that Wilson has posted pictures to Instagram featuring a cooler with the Confederate Flag and the words “The South Will Rise Again” on the top.

Wilson is an abrasive Twitter personality, often going after Trump supporters in scatological and sexual terms. And I don’t begrudge a few people enjoying the mini-scandal these pictures generate

He has some explaining to do.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
The Confederate battle banner faux outrage is just another way to divide the country -- not that we don't need to be divided in that way.

I have zero such symbols in my stuff or on my car. Doesn't interest me. By the same token, for those who cherish that symbol, I have no problem with it.

The hypocrisy of the matter is a given. I don't know of this Wilson turd because I don't frequent Twitter. But it doesn't surprise me that this particular turd is a hypocrite. Seems like the louder you bellow, the more of a hypocrite you are. Ain't that right, Nancy?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.