Author Topic: Fed-up homeowner arrested after tense standoff with squatters ‘stealing’ $1M hou  (Read 120 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Fed-up homeowner arrested after tense standoff with squatters ‘stealing’ $1M house she inherited from parents
https://nypost.com/2024/03/19/us-news/moment-nyc-homeowner-is-arrested-after-tense-standoff-with-squatters/

A New York City property owner recently ended up in handcuffs following a fiery standoff with alleged squatters who she has been trying to boot from her family’s home, tense footage shows.

Adele Andaloro, 47, was nabbed after changing the locks last month on the $1 million home in Flushing, Queens, that she says she inherited from her parents when they died, ABC’s Eyewitness News reported.

“It’s enraging,” the homeowner said of the squatter saga.

“It’s not fair that I, as the homeowner, have to be going through this.”

Squatters is a huge problem in New York City.

In New York City, a person can claim “squatter’s rights” after just 30 days of living at a property.

Under the law, it is illegal for the homeowner to change the locks, turn off the utilities, or remove the belongings of the “tenants” from the property.

“By the time someone does their investigation, their work, and their job, it will be over 30 days and this man will still be in my home,” Andaloro said.

“I’m really fearful that these people are going to get away with stealing my home,” she added.

New York City is a city on its way out.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 09:50:32 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Florida has a new law that the police can immediately evict a squatter and possibly arrest them if they don't have a signed lease agreement with the property owner.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Do you want about it all wrong? She never should’ve called the TV station instead. She should’ve got half a dozen illegals to go in there and beat the shit out of the guy and throw his stuff out in the street and then when he came back from the hospital, he would find the locks have been changed. That’s how you do it.  :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!