Author Topic: Riley Gaines speaks out on lawsuit challenging NCAA’s transgender policies: ‘It  (Read 74 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Riley Gaines speaks out on lawsuit challenging NCAA’s transgender policies: ‘It is time that we fight back’
https://nypost.com/2024/03/15/us-news/riley-gaines-speaks-out-on-ncaa-lawsuit-it-is-time-that-we-fight-back/

Riley Gaines was among the 16 current and former female athletes who filed a lawsuit against the NCAA on Thursday, saying the organization’s transgender policy violates Title IX.

Gaines, an OutKick contributor who hosts the “Gaines for Girls” podcast and is the director of the Riley Gaines Center at the Leadership Institute, explained why it was time for them to take action against the organization.

“It was time someone took action. I thought to myself for so long, ‘I wish someone would sue,’” the former Kentucky swimmer said on “OutKick The Morning.” “That’s how we win, someone has to sue – never once occurring to me that I could be a part of this, I could really help spearhead this along with ICONS and 15 other athletes that signed onto this lawsuit.”

“I realized, [it is] us. We can fight back. It’s what the left does so well. The other side, they throw around lawsuits like it’s nothing. The ACLU has no problem suing. [Attorney General] Letita James in New York, of course she’s sue-happy. … The other side has no problem suing.”

“It is time that we fight back, and we’ve seen this. We’ve seen a slew of de-transitioners who are now suing their doctors or their health care providers or state statutes that allowed them to be deceived and taken advantage of.”

The NCAA treats women poorly. They should sue.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du