Author Topic: My Truth  (Read 10773 times)

Offline KnowThyself

• Probationary (Probie)
My Truth
« on: January 25, 2018, 07:08:25 AM »
I write poetry and philosophy, and this is one of my poems, called; My Truth- My whole life I've been searching for the truth and one thing that I've found out is, that there is no truth in life but what you make of your life. Truth is happiness, truth is real, truth is love, truth is being content. Truth isn't in a textbook or on t.v.. Truth isn't in the world. Truth is up to you! It is morals, and values, and ethics. Truth is in your heart and mind, and as long as you're true to yourself in life, you'll be happy.............and nothing else matters.
"Are you watching closely?"

"Abracadabra"

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Re: My Truth
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 08:37:27 AM »
I write poetry and philosophy, and this is one of my poems, called; My Truth- My whole life I've been searching for the truth and one thing that I've found out is, that there is no truth in life but what you make of your life. Truth is happiness, truth is real, truth is love, truth is being content. Truth isn't in a textbook or on t.v.. Truth isn't in the world. Truth is up to you! It is morals, and values, and ethics. Truth is in your heart and mind, and as long as you're true to yourself in life, you'll be happy.............and nothing else matters.

truth
noun \ ˈtrüth \

Definition of truth

1 a (1) : the body of real things, events, and facts : actuality
(2) : the state of being the case : fact

2 a : the property (as of a statement) of being in accord with fact or reality
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/truth

Sorry to harsh your mello, but words mean things - not necessarily what you may want them to mean.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 10:02:21 AM »

truth
noun \ ˈtrüth \

Definition of truth

1 a (1) : the body of real things, events, and facts : actuality
(2) : the state of being the case : fact

2 a : the property (as of a statement) of being in accord with fact or reality
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/truth

Sorry to harsh your mello, but words mean things - not necessarily what you may want them to mean.

They just can't hide the crazy.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 10:52:34 AM »
They just can't hide the crazy.

Or the stupid.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 01:02:22 PM »
Bacon
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.