Author Topic: primitives wonder if it's a trap  (Read 1823 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives wonder if it's a trap
« on: August 03, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021068459

Oh my.

First up, the Bostonian Drunkard's maternal ancestress:

Raven (10,521 posts)

Is it possible that this is a trap?

Romney stonewalls on his taxes until late October, releases them and they turn out to be fine. I'm wondering about this because Romney has now categorically said that he has paid a lot of taxes and that Harry is dead wrong. Is he that blatant a liar? Or, is he going to split hairs and say he paid local property taxes (for which there are NO loopholes in MA unless you are elderly or disabled) and state taxes but no federal taxes? Will people swallow that?

Curtland1015 (3,386 posts)

1. I wouldn't put anything past them, BUT...

...I don't think so.

At least, it wasn't set up as one. Maybe they're stringing us along at this point to minimize the garbage we're going to find. But I bet Romney doesn't want them out in the open either way. If only so the 99% doesn't see how the 1% REALLY lives.

MjolnirTime (667 posts)

2. Nope. If the returns were clean, they would have avoided this whole kerfluffle and released them.

Mitt is ****ed.

^^keep telling yourself that, primitive; it's all good. 

chowder66 (852 posts)

8. If so then it is a badly thought out trap....

because he flip/flops about his taxes. He says he is going to release some, then he doesn't release even a full year yet, he says he isn't sure what he paid, then he is sure he paid lots and lots of taxes. He then via his wife states that "you people" have gotten all they are going to give. If he is playing some political game, he releases them, there is nothing wrong with them then people will wonder why he didn't just do it in the first place. He will have diverted the public discussion for both sides away from important issues about jobs and the economy. Serious discussions. That is something the Democrats will be able to use against him.

Horse with no Name (29,320 posts)

22. Probably. But the thing is this.

There are about 30% +/- Americans who will vote for him regardless of what he does. These are the same ones that protested Terri Schiavo, bomb abortion clinics, want to see Obama's birth certificate, eat at Chick Fil A, supported Bush, still believe that there are WMD's, and support every irrational piece of legislation that the republicans float.

These are the knuckle draggers that listen to Rush, Faux, and the assorted vocal hate machines that exist.

THEY already could care less about Mittwit. They only care that it is not Obama.

The rest of the THINKING public will say, "Why the hell did they let this go on for so long for" and resent being strung along.

JaneyVee (39 posts)

34. No. He's down in the polls. Now would be the time to release them and rally the base.

Because even they're finding it hard to keep defending such actions.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: primitives wonder if it's a trap
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »
Raven (10,521 posts)

Romney stonewalls on his taxes until late October, releases them and they turn out to be fine. I'm wondering about this because Romney has now categorically said that he has paid a lot of taxes and that Harry is dead wrong. Is he that blatant a liar? Or, is he going to split hairs and say he paid local property taxes (for which there are NO loopholes in MA unless you are elderly or disabled) and state taxes but no federal taxes? Will people swallow that?

Isn`t that your arguement about how hard up the 47% "poor" that pay a net 0 federal income tax are?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »
Raven (10,521 posts)

Hmm, Obama has been a disaster. Perhaps Reid KNOWS he's been a disaster, the economy is ruined, and giving him another term would spell D-O-O-M to Reid's re-election chances in 4 years. Romney comes in, gets the economy back on track, and it's hard to lose an election as an incumbent senator if the economy is performing well.

Yeah, I think it's a trap, Oh Downloader'o Pitt.  :stirpot:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »
Oh, it's a trap all right. For Reid and O (since his people started this line of attack with the whole "felon" comment).

At this point, Romney's base knows without doubt that Reid is lying. The independent voter, or a majority of them at least, don't care how much Romney pays in taxes, they just want someone to get the economy started again, without piling a shit-ton of debt on their backs to do it.

Keep hammering away, O. Don't be surprised if Romney shows up to the first debate with a summarized return showing he paid more in taxes each year than you made in your lifetime. Then turns that fact against your "out-of-touch" talking point by talking directly to the voters saying "Like you, I believe that government has become too large. I should know, I pay a lot for it."

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 03:22:21 PM »
MjolnirTime (667 posts)

2. Nope. If the returns were clean, they would have avoided this whole kerfluffle and released them.

Mitt is ****ed.

I have a question for Thor's Bitch, or Hammer Clock, or whatever its name translates into.

So what you're saying is that if someone had something that was legitimate...say like a long-form birth certificate...they would simply release it immediately instead of letting it cause a bunch of fuss? And if they were to fight or even drag their feet about releasing something...say like a long-form birth certificate...it would be because they had something to hide? Is that what you're saying?

And so no one thinks I'm a "birther" you can replace "long-form birth certificate" with any number of things. Like "college records".
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Re: Re: primitives wonder if it's a trap
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »
I have a question for Thor's Bitch, or Hammer Clock, or whatever its name translates into.

So what you're saying is that if someone had something that was legitimate...say like a long-form birth certificate...they would simply release it immediately instead of letting it cause a bunch of fuss? And if they were to fight or even drag their feet about releasing something...say like a long-form birth certificate...it would be because they had something to hide? Is that what you're saying?

And so no one thinks I'm a "birther" you can replace "long-form birth certificate" with any number of things. Like "college records".

I'm not a birther, but I have to admit him going out of his way to hide it was strange.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 03:28:15 PM »
MjolnirTime (667 posts)

Mitt is ****ed.
If he sits on them for another sixty days and they're clean, all your squawking and jabbering will have been an enormous waste of time.  So go ahead, get emotionally invested in this idea that Mitt Romney avoided paying taxes or whatever you've convinced yourself the issue is, because I've got popcorn and beer and I'm just waiting for this train to derail.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Undies

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 03:37:02 PM »
If he sits on them for another sixty days and they're clean, all your squawking and jabbering will have been an enormous waste of time.  So go ahead, get emotionally invested in this idea that Mitt Romney avoided paying taxes or whatever you've convinced yourself the issue is, because I've got popcorn and beer and I'm just waiting for this train to derail.

Obama and his "team" need those tax returns and they need them NOW.  The personal destruction through lies and misrepresentation is the only game Obama knows.  He has to have access to those personal records RIGHT NOW in order for the game to go forth.  Otherwise there just isn't time left before the general election to destroy Mitt Romney with twisted facts, out-right lies, and complete distortions. 

Gov. Romney is a wise man to say no to this absurd game.  Why he isn't demanding the release of some well-hidden Obama documents in return is beyond me. 

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 03:47:45 PM »
Constitution of the United States, Article II, Section 1.

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Perhaps Dingy Harry the Pederast, would be kind enough to point out to all us illiterate Repugs, where tax records are required.

I thought not.

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline redwhit

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 04:09:30 PM »
Horse with no Name (29,320 posts)

22. Probably. But the thing is this.

There are about 30% +/- Americans who will vote for him regardless of what he does. These are the same ones that protested Terri Schiavo, bomb abortion clinics, want to see Obama's birth certificate, eat at Chick Fil A, supported Bush, still believe that there are WMD's, and support every irrational piece of legislation that the republicans float.

Charming that bolded part.  Somewhere along the line I missed the news reports on the 1/3 of the population that's out there bombing abortion mills.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 04:34:38 PM »
Obama and his "team" need those tax returns and they need them NOW.  The personal destruction through lies and misrepresentation is the only game Obama knows.  He has to have access to those personal records RIGHT NOW in order for the game to go forth.  Otherwise there just isn't time left before the general election to destroy Mitt Romney with twisted facts, out-right lies, and complete distortions. 

Gov. Romney is a wise man to say no to this absurd game.  Why he isn't demanding the release of some well-hidden Obama documents in return is beyond me. 

I think 0bama's team already have the returns but they cannot move on their already produced attack ads until and unless Romney cooperates.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 04:46:16 PM »

>snip<Gov. Romney is a wise man to say no to this absurd game.  Why he isn't demanding the release of some well-hidden Obama documents in return is beyond me. 
Give it a little time.
I have a hunch what you mention, will be presented.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »
We have to keep in mind that Romney isn't the official nominee yet. After he is, things will change.

Offline Undies

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 05:04:54 PM »
We have to keep in mind that Romney isn't the official nominee yet. After he is, things will change.

Yes, there's always Ron Paul!!

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 05:07:05 PM »
I'm gonna H5 you just for the laugh.  :lmao:

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 05:14:10 PM »
I'm just hearing the big scandal today is when Mitt was 16, one of his teachers wrote on Mitt's report card that he could have applied himself more.

“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 03:39:18 PM »

Now that is really hitting it below the belt!  :lmao:

I'm just hearing the big scandal today is when Mitt was 16, one of his teachers wrote on Mitt's report card that he could have applied himself more.

Really?  :lmao: :lmao: Every one of my teachers at that age put that on my report card. Wow...

[snip]

The Boston Globe obtained a copy of the former Massachusetts governor's report card, which reveals an intelligent, talented boy who didn't exactly have the arts of dedication and discipline mastered yet.

In English 3 he earned a B+, his best grade of the term. His teacher wrote: 'Doing fine work. He can do a lot better too.'

[/snip]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2182939/Not-industrious-Mitt-Romneys-high-school-report-card-revealed.html#ixzz22c0XLsHm

At least we have proof that Romney went to school and what his grades were. I wonder when we are going to get the same proof from obama?

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 03:46:50 PM »
Boston Globe can root out Mitt's school grades, but are unable to aquire Obama's?
Hmmm, something strange.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »
The Boston Globe obtained a copy of the former Massachusetts governor's report card, which reveals an intelligent, talented boy who didn't exactly have the arts of dedication and discipline mastered yet.

In English 3 he earned a B+, his best grade of the term. His teacher wrote: 'Doing fine work. He can do a lot better too.'

He did do a lot better. He became a successful businessman and the next President of the USA.
Let's see 0bama's grades and how well his studies went with all the choom and booze that he says he was doing.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »
I think 0bama's team already have the returns but they cannot move on their already produced attack ads until and unless Romney cooperates.

I'm with you Duke.  The IRS is notoriously lefty political. Romney is playing this just right considering Reid couldn't get some lefty to fall on it's sword and claim to be the source for the rumor.

And, whats all this fuss about Reid being a foot doctor?

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 03:59:42 PM »
And, whats all this fuss about Reid being a foot doctor?

:lmao: Pederast? It is a grown man who has relationships with young boys. I guess you could also call them pedophiles.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 04:00:28 PM »
:lmao: Pederast? It is a grown man who has relationships with young boys. I guess you could also call them pedophiles.

I know.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 04:04:13 PM »
Pedophile with a foot fetish? :???:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 04:10:16 PM »
Pedophile with a foot fetish? :???:

That would be a peddlephile.  :-)

Offline Kyle Ricky