Author Topic: Worst. Bouncy. Ever.  (Read 3373 times)

Offline MrsSmith

Re: Worst. Bouncy. Ever.
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 05:39:05 AM »
When I was 5, my parents had some close friends that used to come over and sit around the dining room table sometimes. 

I have no idea if any of their conversations involved dumping any of us anywhere, or politics, or anything else.  All I recall is that they were drinking (usually coffee), smoking (gasp!!!!!) and playing cards while all us kids played, rode trikes around and around the house, and basically ignored them.  Just like most young children ignore the grown-ups when there are other kids to play with.  lol

Oh, and their kid had lost an eye in an accident.  They kept him...  Somehow, that convinces me they weren't Democrats. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 05:59:12 AM »
Remember how DU told us Sarah Palin was a selfish bitch for having sex after age 45 then not having an abortion when the odds of Downs syndrome is greatly increased.

They need to make-up their minds.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 06:18:42 AM »
Bullshit. Every family I know of that received a prenatal diagnosis that could possibly result in mental retardation that chose NOT to kill their child in the womb has been a conservative family. That is because their values made them not view children as Christmas sweaters you return because it is not the "right fit" but as blessings from God that you view unconditionally.

What we forget is that parents with a disabled child with a million or two bucks in the bank are entitled to State and Government benefits for that child the same as the homeless.

Talking with this guy, a real looser who married a woman with a 2 year old disabled daughter.  He and wife together made around $150,000  a year.    He was bragging about spending $40,000 to put in a swimming pool.

Later he began to bitch about the government taking it's time about getting the child in special schools --she was now 6-7 years old.  Damn public schools that had little resources to help her, complaints about him having to wait to put the child on the Handicap van to go to school.   Complaints that he had to get up in the night to change her diapers, --------- [eye brow raised at this point].

Then to the complaints that his wife spent an hour a day after work doing PT with her daughter and not with him.
Somehow he had convinced the IRS to deduct the pool as a therapeutic tool for his stepdaughter.  NH. the pool could be used at most 3-4 months of the year and that depended on if it was raining out.

I was appalled and had that conflicted feeling I get when around a charmer and a silver tonged devil.

A LIBERAL all the way down, Turtles as they say.  Now he wanted a boy and somehow convinced his wife to get pregnant again against her fear of delivering another disabled child.

Disaster, the baby was a healthy girl.    This Ass Hat wanted a boy and left his family and proceded to impregnate 2 more woman who also had girls.    He ended up living with his Mother that found no fault with his behavior.

Even more strange was his Conservative older brother moved in his Ex and her girls  and married his sister-in law.
Every penny they made went to getting the disabled child into a good school, no swimming pools for them. Changes were dramatic in the little girl, in 18 months she learned to walk and recognise people.

Real life is stranger then these Bouncy tales.  Darn but I bet his family reunions are interesting.    

Yes there are Liberals that act this way and yes there Consertives that come to the rescue of those the Liberals have beaten down.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 06:26:13 AM »
Yeah, yeah, that happened as grouchy old Don described it.

My guess is that something superficially like that might have happened, in which little Don eyewitnessed a slight outburst of temper by one of the parents.

We the "handicapped" can do that at times, exasperate others.

After which happened one of these cases similar with the old "if you don't behave, I'm going to stop the car right now and put you out, and you can walk ten miles home."

I think grouchy old Don as little Don absorbed a vague fragment of something, and extrapolated this tale from that.

Remember, grouchy old Don's memory isn't perfect; this is after all the same primitive who connects Ronald Reagan with the bad times of the 1970s and Jimmy Carter with the good times of the 1980s.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 07:12:16 AM »
Yeah, yeah, that happened as grouchy old Don described it.

My guess is that something superficially like that might have happened, in which little Don eyewitnessed a slight outburst of temper by one of the parents.

We the "handicapped" can do that at times, exasperate others.

After which happened one of these cases similar with the old "if you don't behave, I'm going to stop the car right now and put you out, and you can walk ten miles home."

I think grouchy old Don as little Don absorbed a vague fragment of something, and extrapolated this tale from that.

Remember, grouchy old Don's memory isn't perfect; this is after all the same primitive who connects Ronald Reagan with the bad times of the 1970s and Jimmy Carter with the good times of the 1980s.

We do not remember as adults intire conversations of people in times of duress.  How can a 5 year old remember much more then their parents do ???

Kids memories May go back as far as 3 but these are just a flash of something that happend and others fill them in on what they believed happended.   

4 generations  or even 5, sitting about recalling the past.  Say my grandparents, my parents, myself and my children all sitting about talking and laughing about the unusual family from the past we remember.

Sooner or later someone will say they do not remember a time others were at, or will jump up and say whatever happend did not happen that way.

Much comes from the age of the people, forgotten memories or those told to their children from the standpoint of the age they were at themselves.

Actually this has little to do with the memories of the Kennedy children, their sister was an adult when family forced a lobotomy on her.   She it seems fell in love with a married man and some doctors convinced the Kennedy's that they could cure her in their private Sanitarium.    Seems she was a wild one like her brothers were to become and an embarrassment to the family at the time.   She also was an extreme example to the kids of what could happen to them if they did not tow the line as children or adults.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 07:25:10 AM »

Oh now, vesta, dear, don't take facts from one thing and try to insert them into another thing.

Rosemary Kennedy didn't fall in love with a married man.  Her younger sister Kathleen however fell in love with a divorced man.

According to Rose: The Life and Times of Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy (Charles Higham, 1995, Simon & Shuster) and The Kennedys: The Third Generation (Barbara Gibson, 1993, Thunder's Mouth Press), Rosemary was born what would be considered today "normal," but she had characteristics offensive to her father, Joseph Kennedy.  She wasn't retarded or nuts or anything; just not up to the standards of her father.

After about twenty years of dealing with her, her father finally lost his patience and had her lobotomized; this was just before the American entry into the second world war, early 1941 or something.

Old Joe of course was simply practicing the liberal dictum: conform, or we'll do something terrible to you.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 08:06:57 AM »

Oh now, vesta, dear, don't take facts from one thing and try to insert them into another thing.

Rosemary Kennedy didn't fall in love with a married man.  Her younger sister Kathleen however fell in love with a divorced man.

According to Rose: The Life and Times of Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy (Charles Higham, 1995, Simon & Shuster) and The Kennedys: The Third Generation (Barbara Gibson, 1993, Thunder's Mouth Press), Rosemary was born what would be considered today "normal," but she had characteristics offensive to her father, Joseph Kennedy.  She wasn't retarded or nuts or anything; just not up to the standards of her father.

After about twenty years of dealing with her, her father finally lost his patience and had her lobotomized; this was just before the American entry into the second world war, early 1941 or something.

Old Joe of course was simply practicing the liberal dictum: conform, or we'll do something terrible to you.

Curious of what ever happend to Kathleen. Far as I know she never married a movie star, or was mentioned much in my time.  We have the other sisters that survived to end up at an early age looking like they had been under the care of a head shrink.

The wives of the boys Poor Joan for example and Ethel became nutty as a fruit cake.

Even with old Joe around at least Jackie stood up for herself.  A fit fighter of French decent.---I am missing one, is this the Shriver whose son killed a young girl and finally went to jail ??

What a fantastic family, Charles Dickens could not have written about such as they.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 10:23:36 AM »

My parents threatened to sell me to gypsies several times.  Does that count?

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2012, 10:24:58 AM »

I'm sure some liberal relative folk hero stepped in to stop them;)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2012, 11:55:01 AM »
Well, you could have been Chaz...
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2012, 12:54:33 PM »
Vesta: there are only a handful of states that allow 'waivers' so children can get services regardless of income. It is not an across the board thing. Even those states that allow waivers don't make the same kind of resources available to children that adults would normally have. This of course makes the accurate(in most cases) presumption that te parents of a minor bear some responsibility for the child. Too bad the same presumption isn't made of welfare slouches.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2012, 07:29:11 PM »
When I was 5, my parents had some close friends that used to come over and sit around the dining room table sometimes. 

I have no idea if any of their conversations involved dumping any of us anywhere, or politics, or anything else.  All I recall is that they were drinking (usually coffee), smoking (gasp!!!!!) and playing cards while all us kids played, rode trikes around and around the house, and basically ignored them.  Just like most young children ignore the grown-ups when there are other kids to play with.  lol

Oh, and their kid had lost an eye in an accident.  They kept him...  Somehow, that convinces me they weren't Democrats. 

My youngest sister, Kathleen, was born Down syndrome.  I don't recall my parents ever discussing dumping her, but I do specifically remember Dad wanting to dump my two brothers, other sister and I and keep Kathleen.  :panic:

He suggested we research some places downtown Chicago, so he could dump us off on his way to work.   :lol:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2012, 07:30:49 PM »
NNN0LHI

Want to hear one of my first memories of wealthy Republican relatives of mine? (Warning: Sad story)

Now I am just going by memory here from when I was about 5 or 6 years old.

My parents and these relatives of ours were sitting around the kitchen table like they always did back then. These relatives and my parents were really close. They were over at our house a lot.

They had a beautiful little daughter about my age. Maybe a year younger than me. Well these relatives were explaining that their daughter had been diagnosed with what they used to call "mental retardation", back during the early 1960's when this conversation occurred.

These parents were devastated when the doctor told them she would be like this her entire life.

100% absolute bullshit.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2012, 10:33:47 PM »
100% absolute bullshit.

Not so fast...."(Warning: Sad story)"

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 06:59:14 AM »
Not so fast...."(Warning: Sad story)"

At one time didn't Trips father claim that Sara Palin called her baby "My little retard ".

Years after the fact that I baby sat a child that was diagnosed in the late 1960's as "retarded"  and all the go around with the mother as I suspected the baby was deaf, in the early 1980's I finally caught us with her. 

Now here is the Sad story.  The Mother suspected there was a problem with her child early on-----this happens today in fact.   The child's father was in the military so the child was seen by military baby doctors for months and they all came to the conclusion the child was retarded, yes that was the word used back then. Nothing to do but eventually have her placed in a facility to care for her.

The child's mother was a young woman, very smart going to college and having no family around just accepted the words of the doctors.   She kept the baby clean and fed but because she had been told the child had little understanding or knowledge of others the baby spent its first year or so in a crib with just a bottle thrown to them and diaper changed. 

When I started sitting for the baby the first thing I noticed was her cry, very odd, not the normal cry for a baby, then the fact that the baby was not use to being held, rocked, and did not respond to noise.   The mother told me the doctors told her it was because she was not paying attention.    A tub bath scared the crap out of the child and picking her up from behind caused her to flail.

Her home life was very quiet, mine was a ruckus's of kids, dogs, cats and birds. Music, TV radio and the phone ringing at all times of the day and night.   Only baby I have ever seen that did not respond to sudden noise.

So I as a very young mother at the time not really knowing shit from shinola knew there was more going on then retardness, only one answer as the baby would watch with attention all of us and reach out for things [ she loved the red toys ]

Her mother and I would argue about the baby, mothers side was the experts knew what they were doing and I with nothing but a mothers instinct had to except the Prognoses.

We were transferred soon after and for years I wondered about that baby until 14? years later I ran into a family that served with the child's father and was able to catch up on the baby.

Mother and father had divorced but I got the mothers address and wrote to her.   She had remarried a civilian and the baby had gone into his health care insurance.    Up shot was the child was indeed deaf, in a school learning sign language and the mother had such anger towards the military doctors that had as she said robbed her baby of its first 3 years.  [ Nothing about her acceptence of the experts openion, just excuses for what and how she treated the baby. ]   

I was a bit upset with her, she was older then me, smart, yet she herself had been all to ready to go along with the experts and give her a reason to ignore the child and go on her happy way of partying and doing what she wanted to do.    Damn one does not treat a dog this way.   

Last time I spoke with her, I knew the child would now grow into a functioning adult and could now put the issue to rest.   Or so I thought.

Today I wonder about all the kids being labeled this or that, all the Special Schools for kids with problem behavior.    Why are the parents turning the kids over to the experts and not investigating on what is wrong themselves.    Why are parents all so ready to claim it is the kids fault mentally or physically that there are problems and sit on their butts and put the problem on others and refuse to admit that they may be part of the problem.

Michell must be in her 30's today, grown woman perhaps married with her own children-----  However I still see that lost and abandoned baby I knew, and know there are allot more like her out there.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 07:46:38 AM »
I was told that I had a 1:8 chance at having my daughter be a downs child.  I was so scared but as it grew on me I knew I could handle it and welcomed the child no matter what.  Then I found out she didn't have it.  It didn't matter, I would have loved my child however she was born. :bawl:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline movie buff

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
Abandoning "Inconvenient" children (Especially those born with disabilities) is much more of a liberal thing to do than a conservative thing.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »
Abandoning "Inconvenient" children (Especially those born with disabilities) is much more of a liberal thing to do than a conservative thing.

Of course, now the liberal thing to do is just kill them before they are born.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 11:44:06 AM »
Barry owebuma was very inconvenient to his mother apparently. She had no problem abandoning him.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 04:37:09 PM »
Vesta what makes you think this story is true? What 5 year old would 1)lurk and listen to an adult conversation when there were other children to play with, 2) remember this one conversation among probably hundreds the parents and their friends had and 3)why would something that would have absolutely NO meaning to a 5 year old (show me a 5 year old even now, let alone back then who understand the concept of downs syndrome unless they have a sibling and live with it) because they'd have no understanding of what the hell the parents were talking about, leave such a long lasting impression on a child. It's kinda like the "Heather Has Two Mommies" thing. Heather would understand it and it would be her "normal" but kids in her class who only knew her as a school acquaintance would have no concept of what it meant and, as it would have no bearing on their young lives, they wouldn't even think about it.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Emdamascus

• Probationary (Probie)
  • E&M Knifeworks
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 08:09:55 AM »
I thought that was how leftists were made, drop 'em off in New York or San Fran and they will be assimilated into the local occupado group.
Annoy a liberal