Author Topic: Worst. Bouncy. Ever.  (Read 3372 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Worst. Bouncy. Ever.
« on: June 18, 2012, 11:37:07 AM »
Quote from:
NNN0LHI

Want to hear one of my first memories of wealthy Republican relatives of mine? (Warning: Sad story)

Now I am just going by memory here from when I was about 5 or 6 years old.

My parents and these relatives of ours were sitting around the kitchen table like they always did back then. These relatives and my parents were really close. They were over at our house a lot.

They had a beautiful little daughter about my age. Maybe a year younger than me. Well these relatives were explaining that their daughter had been diagnosed with what they used to call "mental retardation", back during the early 1960's when this conversation occurred.

These parents were devastated when the doctor told them she would be like this her entire life.

Now you may want to stop reading here because what I am about to tell you is not pleasant at all.

These relatives of mine told my parents that they had decided that they were going to fly to NY City and leave this little girl in the street and then fly back home without her. I will never forget the look of terror on my parents face when they were told about my relatives plan. My parents were devastated by what they were just told. They couldn't believe what they were hearing. They were speechless.

I was actually too young then to fully grasp what they were talking about at the time but my parents related this story to me again later in life and explained how they later talked these relatives out of carrying through with their plan. They basically threatened them. Told them they were going to go to the police if they did what they said they were going to do.

Just a little insight into the mind of these wealthy Republican relatives of mine.

Wish I had never heard this story.

Don

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002823348

Suuuuuuure it happened.  Suuuuuuure they were Republicans.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Worst. Bouncy. Ever.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 11:38:29 AM »
Hell, half the five-year olds I know can barely PRONOUNCE, "Republican."
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
No cops, no bushes, no conversion...no fun.  :bs:
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 11:57:24 AM »
No cops, no bushes, no conversion...no fun.  :bs:
No bong  either.
Just an outright lie to stir up fake outrage.
nihhhinny, You suck as a bouncy writer.
Try being honest for once.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 12:01:20 PM »
Is she sure they weren't going to take her to NY and leave her there?  You know how those Democrats like to get rid of their kids.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 12:13:55 PM »
No bong  either.
Just an outright lie to stir up fake outrage.
nihhhinny, You suck as a bouncy writer.
Try being honest for once.

Not even close to being believeable.  It reeks of the scent of desperation for the outrage you mention.
This too shall pass.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 12:21:45 PM »
Bullshit. Wealthy people no matter their political persuasion have the means with which to care for a child with disabilities for one but putting that aside I'm a conservative and a single mother to an autistic child.  It's hard but somehow I manage to get thru the days without a thought of setting him ou in the middle of a busy urban center. What exactly is the point of this post? What a stupid conclusion to come to that it is somehow politically motivated.

Btw I guess the forget that a member of the Kennedy clan they idolize had their mentally ill child lobotomized.

What he is referring to seems to be a behavior peculiar to very wealthy people. 'hiding' family members with issues and relegating children into the hands of staff. And I does not appear to be a political thing but a culture of wealth thing unrelated to the D or the R.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 12:26:48 PM »
Btw I guess the forget that a member of the Kennedy clan they idolize had their mentally ill child lobotomized.

Lies!!! lies!!! Teddy was actually born that way.

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 12:32:39 PM »
I think the DUche has republican and democrat confused.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 12:50:30 PM »

Lol

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 12:54:39 PM »

:hi5:

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 01:15:51 PM »

:rotf:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 01:30:44 PM »
Here's what I remember about my childhood with liberal democrats, who as my stepfather says "vote for the person who promises to give you the most stuff". Complete chaos, so much so that I moved out before I was 18, (no one really cared). It was less chaotic at my boyfriend's house. He was a biker. A mother who didn't care what I did as long as I didn't embarrass her in front of her friends and neighbors, nightly gin and tonic festivals (oh, and my favorite...a mother who used to sit in the family room in the dark, drinking wine, listening to music, crying and waiting for us to come home so she could be maudlin and sentimental and tell us how wonderful we were), a father who was rarely around except when he wanted me to meet his new girlfriend, wife, whatever. That was okay because it usually meant a trip to Disneyland and/or a bunch of presents. I do remember one was an Operation game. There were no talks of politics or anything else around the table because the kids ate in the kitchen until we moved out while my mom and whoever ate at the bar in the family room. The only normal I had was when I lived with my conservative grandparents who gave me love, discipline, and school clothes. And they took me to the dentist for the first time in my life when I was 12 because my parents thought it was the other one's responsibility.

Sorry, there's no conversion story except mine because I decided no way was I ever going to be dependent on anyone ever again for my opinions and the life I chose to live.

Lest I forget: SO, I lived happily ever after.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »
Here's what I remember about my childhood with liberal democrats, who as my stepfather says "vote for the person who promises to give you the most stuff". Complete chaos, so much so that I moved out before I was 18, (no one really cared). It was less chaotic at my boyfriend's house. He was a biker. A mother who didn't care what I did as long as I didn't embarrass her in front of her friends and neighbors, nightly gin and tonic festivals (oh, and my favorite...a mother who used to sit in the family room in the dark, drinking wine, listening to music, crying and waiting for us to come home so she could be maudlin and sentimental and tell us how wonderful we were), a father who was rarely around except when he wanted me to meet his new girlfriend, wife, whatever. That was okay because it usually meant a trip to Disneyland and/or a bunch of presents. I do remember one was an Operation game. There were no talks of politics or anything else around the table because the kids ate in the kitchen until we moved out while my mom and whoever ate at the bar in the family room. The only normal I had was when I lived with my conservative grandparents who gave me love, discipline, and school clothes. And they took me to the dentist for the first time in my life when I was 12 because my parents thought it was the other one's responsibility.

Sorry, there's no conversion story except mine because I decided no way was I ever going to be dependent on anyone ever again for my opinions and the life I chose to live.

Lest I forget: SO, I lived happily ever after.

Cindie

Cop...bushes. Nuff said.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 01:42:29 PM »
Cop...bushes. Nuff said.

Ok, Sometimes a cop did jump out of the bushes when I went to a kegger.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 02:42:44 PM »

Cindie

I am sure you were long gone by then though....right????   :cheersmate:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 02:44:07 PM »

H5-worthy, and given. :-) O-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 04:09:04 PM »

Cindie

Stay out the...oh never mind.

Bouncy....inducing narcolepsy....Losing...will...to type. O-ver-come with bore.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »
Nixon = IDEA; GHWB = ADA; GWB = NCLB (which meant students with disabilities could no longer be warehoused in classrooms in the basement).

Republicans have come through for children/adults with true disabilities.  They believe there should be a safety net for them.  It's the rest of you sloths who suck the system dry and ruin it for those who are diagnosed with "mental retardation."

:bird:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 06:05:28 PM »
Nixon = IDEA; GHWB = ADA; GWB = NCLB (which meant students with disabilities could no longer be warehoused in classrooms in the basement).

Republicans have come through for children/adults with true disabilities.  They believe there should be a safety net for them.  It's the rest of you sloths who suck the system dry and ruin it for those who are diagnosed with "mental retardation."

:bird:

Agreed. However I have seen some attitudes here and there from our side who wouldn't mind warehousing the 'inconvenient' too if it would save them a dime or having to watch the uncomfortable behavior at times of the disabled.

I think what occurs to me about this post is if they were all so close he hasn't considered for a moment that this was an adult making an offhand comment or expressing their frustration in a comment they totally intended to not really pursue. Acts like his folks are some kind of folk heroes when in actually they probably understood their good friends were speaking out of frustration and probably lent an ear and suggestions knowing they were just frustrated. If this happened I think te dummies has a skewed perspective not being privy to the richness of an adult conversation at the time as an immature child and has built some folklore around the incident to fit his ridiculous stereotype.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 06:07:05 PM »
Agreed. However I have seen some attitudes here and there from our side who wouldn't mind warehousing the 'inconvenient' too if it would save them a dime or having to watch the uncomfortable behavior at times of the disabled.

I think what occurs to me about this post is if they were all so close he hasn't considered for a moment that this was an adult making an offhand comment or expressing their frustration in a comment they totally intended to not really pursue. Acts like his folks are some kind of folk heroes when in actually they probably understood their good friends were speaking out of frustration and probably lent an ear and suggestions knowing they were just frustrated. If this happened I think te dummies has a skewed perspective not being privy to the richness of an adult conversation at the time as an immature child and has built some folklore around the incident to fit his ridiculous stereotype.

Agreed.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 08:16:25 PM »

Dummies lie.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 10:11:13 PM »
Oh bullshit.

I can't even remember what happened when I was 5 or 6 years old.  And I most certainly can't recall the looks on someone's face.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline kraven

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 01:21:46 AM »
Bullshit. Every family I know of that received a prenatal diagnosis that could possibly result in mental retardation that chose NOT to kill their child in the womb has been a conservative family. That is because their values made them not view children as Christmas sweaters you return because it is not the "right fit" but as blessings from God that you view unconditionally.

Offline sybilll

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 02:03:35 AM »
I don't even need to preface my answer with *cough* *cough*......bullshit