Author Topic: Lord Marblehead posts letters  (Read 286 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Lord Marblehead posts letters
« on: June 06, 2012, 03:20:21 PM »
He posted several "hate mail" letters and then asked the primitives to vote on their favorite.  Here appears to be the winner:

Quote from:
Subject: RE: Illegal Violations of My Freedom of Speech, and Censorship of My Comments on Your Website

ATTENTION “DEMOCRATIC UNDERGROUND”:

I am so tired of you so-called "pro-'democracy'" and "freedom" websites that violate freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of belief and freedom of expression, all of which are human and civil rights under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (international human rights law), and the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.

FYI, unpopular speech and so-called “offensive” speech are protected free speech rights; and, therefore, you have no legal rights whatsoever to censor ANY such comments that you deem to be such but that do not threaten anyone and/or are not illegal in any way, such as my comments.

Therefore, immediately and totally cease and desist all violations of my human and civil rights, my freedom of speech, and censorship of my comments on your website. Or, as is nothing but my First and Fifth Amendment rights to warn you of, and as a bona fide member in good standing of the National Lawyers Guild , the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), and Amnesty International (AI), I will be taking nothing but legal action(s) against your company and/or organization for all violations of same, as well as other legal causes of action.

You are therefore and hereby legally put on notice of all of same.

Also, immediately restore my account registration and all of my previously-submitted comments.

Thank you for all of your nothing but legal consideration and response to this entire very important matter, if any.

In nothing but Truth,

(name redacted), Human Rights and Civil Liberties Advocate

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=777011

Then in the thread, I read this:

Quote from:
calimary (26,970 posts)

57. Sounds like my former friend who dissed me about taking down his increasingly abrasive posts on my Facebook page.

"...and you call yourself a liberal! You carry on about the First Amendment and then you say I can't post my rants on your page?" And "you pop up, I pop off. It's MY RIGHT!"

I went round and round with him, pointing out that I post my political views on MY page ONLY. I don't go over to somebody else's page and post stuff there when I know they don't agree with it. I confine it to MY page. He insisted because my posts appeared on the general news feed - where you see posts from everyone you're "friended by." He insisted that constituted my posting my stuff on HIS page. Which I never have.

His posts got nastier and nastier, and more bitter and cynical, and he repeatedly refused to honor my requests to quit peeing on my parade like that. DAMN - it reached the point where EVERY FRICKIN' POST I wrote - again, on MY page only - he'd come in with three, four, five, six posts castigating me, dumping on Obama, dumping on Democrats and liberals, ranting about "they're ALL the same, they're ALL alike, they should all burn in hell, blah-blah-blah." And I'd point out - "uh, dear friend, they are NOT all alike. Show me someone in the current GOP and/or CONservative movement who'd stand up for your rights as a gay man. Show me the republi-CON president or presidential candidate who finally took a decisive stand in favor of marriage equality." And he'd just go on with his bile and venom and anger and bitterness as though what I said either didn't matter or was totally wrong. Well, what I said, indeed, did NOT matter (although it wasn't wrong OR factually-inaccurate). And worse still, once he started, I noticed a few other individuals joining in and piling on against me. On MY page! I started deleting the worst and nastiest of his posts, after giving fair warning in general to anyone who came across my page, and to him in particular. Had no effect. And soon enough, here was this post from him excoriating me for being one of the many liberal frauds who wanted to deny him his First Amendment rights to shit all over MY page. And a second post that said "Enjoy Siberia." And bingo! I was "unfriended."

Funny thing was, he beat me to the punch on that one. I had actually been thinking, the night before, that I may be forced to "unfriend" this guy - but he "unfriended" me first. And I was actually relieved. And funny, I can post my occasional political things now and I no longer get this angry, lacerating, bitter, cynical screeds from him, littering my page. It's a welcome change.

And it's also sad. I'm 59. We're the same age. I've known him since we were both 16. We'd spend HOURS on the phone together because he was so much fun to gossip with. He had one of those really caustic senses of humor and circulated in some high society fundraising arenas and AMFAR and the subsequent Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation. I listened hour after hour, to him talk about his long and unsuccessful effort to find love, through all the relationships that started out great and then went sour, through all the betrayals, and one really bad episode with a "lover" who ultimately beat him and stalked him and stole a whole lot of his money - leaving him nearly destitute. I listened and sympathized - sometimes I'd listen while the late-night conversation continued until I almost literally fell asleep (it was almost always on a school night). I had him come sleep in my house when he'd come to town for a visit. Even when I still lived with my parents. And when he'd come out and get a hotel suite, I'd come visit him and we'd hang out and gossip and laugh and enjoy each other's company. We stayed in touch long after the original little circle of friends that brought us into contact with each other broke up and faded away.

And that friendship is over. Not just the Facebook "friendship." The friendship period. And it makes me feel bad to see how negative he he became, and how dark and grim his worldview became. Pretty awful. I'm sad to see this. But thereya go. And I don't care if he thinks I'm a total First Amendment hypocrite. I disagree. I'm not anything of the kind. And I'm not trying to muzzle him or anything. I just didn't want that shit on MY page.

The funny thing is that virtually all the primitives are as unhinged as the one who wrote the letter to Skin's, and virtually all the primitives are enablers like calimary.  They all deserve each other.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: Lord Marblehead posts letters
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 03:23:28 PM »
They use to post hate mail as a regular feature.

Hope they bring that feature back.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline thundley4

Re: Lord Marblehead posts letters
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 03:24:53 PM »
He posted several "hate mail" letters and then asked the primitives to vote on their favorite.  Here appears to be the winner:

Then in the thread, I read this:

The funny thing is that virtually all the primitives are as unhinged as the one who wrote the letter to Skin's, and virtually all the primitives are enablers like calimary.  They all deserve each other.

It was another lefty that wrote the hate mail.  Conservatives know that the US Constitution doesn't prevent private parties from censoring speech on or in their property.  Skins has every right to ban people for saying things he doesn't like speaking the truth.