Author Topic: Surprise!!... primitive twists the truth  (Read 464 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Surprise!!... primitive twists the truth
« on: November 15, 2011, 11:30:19 AM »
This is from Skin's thread announcing the new DU3 format.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=439&topic_id=2300356&mesg_id=2303635

Quote from:
Bluenorthwest

330. Dude, your mods are all unpaid labor, and that is a hand out

All of the content is given to you for free, another handout. Until you pay for that which attracts eyes and keeps the place running smoothly, you are taking handouts and running off of donations and good will. It is arrogant to take all of that labor and not acknowledge it, to pretend you are a 'real business' when you do not pay your workers for the work they do. Name me another business that takes free labor while patting itself on the back for making a profit.

Aside from the hypocritical self service of the way you present this, I think it is a questionable decision business wise. Know that the place will change greatly. Know that you are a man who charges others a fee while not paying those who allow you do gather that fee. You are not a 'real business' as long as you require unpaid labor. The money you pay yourselves becomes an issue when I become a customer and the only contact I have with you is via unpaid labor. What other 'real business' is made of free content and free labor, while announcing great profit? Name me one.

DU needs to decide what you are. I do not tolerate homophobic crap out of a business where I am a customer, just fyi. No ****ing way. And thus, those conservative mods are no longer acceptable, nor are the purges nor are the posters who hound minorities they don't like.

You sound like a club owner who does not pay the band or the bouncer.

The fools at OET view this post as being intelligent.  Nothing like slapping down two boards of whackos with one post.  Let's review.

Quote from:
Dude, your mods are all unpaid labor, and that is a hand out.

They volunteer.  They do it for free and they know they're going to do it for free.  How does volunteering to do something for free become a hand out?

Quote from:
All of the content is given to you for free, another handout.

And you do it of your own accord, it isn't forced from you.  Once again, you provide it for free because you desire to do so, but then want to call it a handout.  Can't have it both ways, primitive.

Quote from:
Until you pay for that which attracts eyes and keeps the place running smoothly, you are taking handouts and running off of donations and good will.

False.  No one is making you post there.  If you view the site as taking advantage of you because they don't compensate you for posting there, why do you have 1000+ posts?  How stupid are you to give away all that time and effort knowing you should get paid for it?  Why haven't you complained about not getting paid before?  You have a record of doing it for free, and coming back day after day and doing it for free. Presidence says you must be doing it for some other reason than being compensated, ergo it's not a handout.

And clearly he's running the site off donations and goodwill.  Again, none of these are forced.

Quote from:
It is arrogant to take all of that labor and not acknowledge it, to pretend you are a 'real business' when you do not pay your workers for the work they do.

There are not workers, they are all volunteers who have of their own freewill decided to work for no compensation.

Quote from:
Name me another business that takes free labor while patting itself on the back for making a profit.

Are you really unaware of how many charitable organizations there are who only pay those who oversee the organization itself, and those who assist in carrying out the charity are all volunteers?  And these volunteers happily do so?

Quote from:
You sound like a club owner who does not pay the band or the bouncer.

Let's say there's a club owner who offers a band to play at his establishment, but tells them he won't pay them, they can play there just for the enjoyment of doing so.  If these individuals agree, what business is it of yours to tell them they can't?

Shut up, BlueNW primitive.  You're way outta your league.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: Surprise!!... primitive twists the truth
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:25:43 PM »
Name me another business that takes free labor while patting itself on the back for making a profit.
Huffington Post
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »
 :lol:  Very true.

That thread is up to 509 posts.  If I were Skinner, I'd unplug the computer, and go on vacation.  Auto-delete all emails, like Chuck Schumer does, and just head for the beach somewhere.  Then, just for fun, I'd tell all mods to take the week off, and disable their functions.  Just imagine! 

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 02:04:41 PM »
:lol:  Very true.

That thread is up to 509 posts.  If I were Skinner, I'd unplug the computer, and go on vacation.  Auto-delete all emails, like Chuck Schumer does, and just head for the beach somewhere.  Then, just for fun, I'd tell all mods to take the week off, and disable their functions.  Just imagine! 

And, the really sad part about this is that Skinner was gonna make that which annoyed the primitives so much (deletions and locking) was gonne be soooo much easier with the self-appointed "hosts" and that he wouldn't have to make any more decisions.

Oh, and a doubling of the cash flow, mainly flowing to Skinner's off shore accounts.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 02:20:18 PM »
The VRWC has detected a stupidquake of at least 8.9 there.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 02:43:31 PM »
The incredible display of stupidity here is astounding.

I wanna see one DUmmies say "Boycott DU!!!111!" "Not one Dime to Skinner!!!" I'd also like to time how long it took for der Skinner to drop kick the DUmmie's butt off the island. Should be a world's record.