Author Topic: primitive embraces nanny state  (Read 989 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
primitive embraces nanny state
« on: July 29, 2011, 09:33:12 PM »
Quote from:
Egalitariat

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

What would the fallout be if a Democratic candidate aimed that statement at its Democratic base today?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1609491

Quote from:
jaxx  

2. What did you do when JFK said that?

Quote from:
Egalitariat

5. I wouldn't be born for at least another decade, but I never understood the quote.

I see it as one of, if not the most, famous of all Kennedy quotes. But I never understood it.

As a Democrat, I've always felt that the precise question people should ask (and should base their votes on) is "Ask what your country can do for you".

Alan Grayson said the Government should solve peoples' problems. I agree with him.

Always refreshing to see a primitive come out and clearly state what all them them actively believe.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:35:15 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: primitive embraces nanny state
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 09:34:41 PM »

What would the fallout be if a Democratic candidate aimed that statement at its Democratic base today?
DU would burn him at the stake as a heretic.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 10:26:47 PM »
It scares the hell out of me there are people out there who feel like that AND they are allowed to vote.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 11:31:10 PM »
Public school's greatest gift to the left: it creates entitlement parasites with no sense of history beyond their last welfare check.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 12:41:42 AM »
Egalitariat

5. I wouldn't be born for at least another decade, but I never understood the quote.

I see it as one of, if not the most, famous of all Kennedy quotes. But I never understood it.

As a Democrat, I've always felt that the precise question people should ask (and should base their votes on) is "Ask what your country can do for you".

Alan Grayson said the Government should solve peoples' problems. I agree with him.

:thatsright:

That is a mind numbing statement. Like the proverbial bolt from the blue. A wet dead fish to the face, slap!
That particular DUmmie reminds me of a cave man joke I heard the other day.

Definition of a Neolithic vegetarian~ One who cannot hunt, fish or trap so they avoid the providers and sit about the cave eating dandelions and putting on airs of superiority in denial of the fact that they are worthless to the whole.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 12:47:07 AM »
Well, there's a surprise.  DUmmy Egalitariat wants everything delivered to him without having to expend any effort on his own behalf.

America. What a country!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline sybilll

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 01:02:38 AM »
My toaster oven is broken.  I am calling Marsha Blackburn's office first thing Monday morning.  I will not stand for this injustice.   :sarcasm:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:06:29 AM by sybilll »

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 06:07:20 AM »
He or She would be called a teabagger
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 07:08:28 AM »

For those of us who were alive when he said it, it made perfect sense.  You're a "progressive", you'll never understand.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 08:12:00 AM »

Probably the last unselfishly patriotic words ever uttered by a Democrat politician.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 08:16:55 AM »

Probably the last unselfishly patriotic words ever uttered by a Democrat politician.

There's two quotes by Kennedy the primitives always ignore, even the most Kennedyite of them.

That one--"ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country."

And then the one about how it's America's destiny to bear any burden, pay any price, so that others in the world may enjoy the blessings and fruits of freedom and liberty.

I dunno why the primitives always forget these two--they're after all Kennedy's most famous statements.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 08:25:54 AM »
Well, I think DUmmie Egalitariat stumbled on a core truth there, Frank:  The DUmmies just can't comprehend them.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 12:21:56 PM »
JFK would be called a far right extremist by today's democrat party.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 12:32:39 PM »

The DUmmies, in a nutshell.   :lol:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 12:49:28 PM »
For those of us who were alive when he said it, it made perfect sense.  You're a "progressive", you'll never understand.

JFK was 20+ years before my time and it makes sense to me.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline Delmar

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 01:02:54 PM »
Egalitariat (1000+ posts)           Fri Jul-29-11 10:08 PM
Response to Reply #2

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Egalitariat, the reason you don't understand it is because it was code, a dog whistle to the Teahadists.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
Egalitariat, the reason you don't understand it is because it was code, a dog whistle to the Teahadists.

I'm beginning to suspect the egalitarian primitive's a mole, trying to compel the primitives to think.

A futile task, trying to do that, compelling the primitives to think.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 01:20:33 PM »
It scares the hell out of me there are people out there who feel like that AND they are allowed to vote.

KC

Let me know when they start handin' out huntin' licenses for these pukes! Do ya think we're gonna havta buy tags, too?

Incredible, ain't it? back when our economy relied on the small farmer, this woulda got ya killed!

We've surely "regressed", haven't we?

I'm beginning to suspect the egalitarian primitive's a mole, trying to compel the primitives to think.

You realize thinkin' and primitive are a contradiction in terms, right?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:23:17 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 03:52:12 PM »
My toaster oven is broken.  I am calling Marsha Blackburn's office first thing Monday morning.  I will not stand for this injustice.
The last time my toaster broke I just opened a new checking account and they gave me one.

(Marsha's office is out of toasters. They have some nice blenders, though.)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 06:19:29 AM »

I tend to agree with you, Coach.  On both accounts.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.