Author Topic: primitives attempt to scold Christians regarding the poor  (Read 606 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
primitives attempt to scold Christians regarding the poor
« on: December 21, 2010, 10:51:36 AM »
Quote from:
ehrnst

Steven Colbert on our "Christian Nation's" treatment of the poor:

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we've got to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that he commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." ~ Stephen Colbert

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x49668

Thie is immediately followed by none of them expressing any effort they'll be making to assist the poor.  That's the responsibility of the gov't via excessive taxes on the rich, you know, not something they should get their hands dirty over.

Seems to me most of the organizations that help the poor are Judeo-Christian based.  How many Progressive Army bell ringers have you seen in front of your local shopping centers this Christmas season?  Why haven't the primitives ever joined forces to start their own non-profit in order to use their own funds to help those in need?

Seems the Colbert's of the world prefer to serve themselves rather than the poor and needy.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline true_blood

Re: primitives attempt to scold Christians regarding the poor
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 12:17:31 PM »
I find it very amusing that the primitives turn to a second rate comedian for "his views" on this topic.
But, then again, what would you expect from pot smoking hippies? :tongue:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 12:20:44 PM »
I find it very amusing that the primitives turn to a second rate comedian for "his views" on this topic.
But, then again, what would you expect from pot smoking hippies? :tongue:

These are the same people that idolize that clown Franken.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »
Red States give more to Charity than Blue States, from 5 years ago but you can Google and find more links:

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2005/11/generosity_inde.html

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline true_blood

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 12:21:59 PM »
These are the same people that idolize that clown Franken.
The DUmmies doesn't fall far from the tree. :-)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 03:18:39 PM »
A false choice, like most Liberal bullshit arguments...rephrase everything someone said into two simplistic, opposed and exclusive possibilities, equally unappealing, and then damn both the person you misrepresented and anyone who responds for making either choice.  Bite me, funny man, I'm not playing that rope-a-dope crap.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 03:29:31 PM »
Between EBT food stamps, Section 8 housing and free cell phones,  "poor" Americans live better than most people in 3rd World Countries. I'm not saying that poor people don't have their problems, just that they are not as bad as the hand-wringing lefties make them out to be. Many people, myself included, would argue that Johnson's Great Society has done nothing more than make generations of poor people slaves.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 03:35:54 PM »
When DUmmies indicate they have anything other then demonic inspired hatred for the other 99% of the Bible I will pay attention to their religious sermons.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 03:42:55 PM »
Between EBT food stamps, Section 8 housing and free cell phones,  "poor" Americans live better than most people in 3rd World Countries. I'm not saying that poor people don't have their problems, just that they are not as bad as the hand-wringing lefties make them out to be. Many people, myself included, would argue that Johnson's Great Society has done nothing more than make generations of poor people slaves.

You always get more of what you put out money for...poor people in this case.  It also applies to 'scientific' studies showing more manmade global warming, and profane 'art' projects paid for by the National Endowment for the Arts.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:57:33 PM by DumbAss Tanker »
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 03:45:18 PM »
Our charity sometimes goes way overboard. Did the wino bum bobbolink really need that iPhone?