Author Topic: Proglodytes are a little hazy on the definition of hacking, terrorism  (Read 1150 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
TheBlackAdder (5,402 posts)

Alt-Right "Mafia" Using Digital Brownshirt Tactics To Hijack Progressive Groups

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/01/alt-right-mafia-using-digital-brownshirt

Recently, I've been made aware of a group of miscreants on Facebook calling themselves the Catena Mafia. According to my sources, they've been responsible for hacking into multiple Democratic and Progressive supporting groups, posing as like-minded liberals until they are able to socially engineer their way into being made admins of the groups.

Once they're in - they add all 26 of their friends as admins, lock out the original admins and change the group to something... not what it was originally intended to be.

The largest target I've been able to identify to this point has been the vandalization of "Proud to be a Democrat" - which was a popular progressive group. It was renamed by the Catena Mafia to "Proud to Call Trump My President" - taking its membership from over 30,000 down to around 12,000 before they changed the name back to lure in more "libtards" in their own words.

Watch out, out there!

It's called "moling" you idiots. It's not hacking or social engineering. The latter is using social networks to get people distribute links or provide personal info.

And for the record, it's easy to pose as a libtard because you guys are such cheap caricatures in need of emotional validation it requires no effort to act like an asshole to become the leaders of your packs.

Maven (8,636 posts)

1. Vile, evil people

Miniature sociopaths, molded after their sociopathic leader.

We've been infiltrating you since you started DU, which long predates Trump.

DonCoquixote (11,633 posts)

2. just like with grown-up terrorism

cyber terrorism allows a bunch of amateurs to go ahead and have the same terrorizing the fact as a bunch of professional criminals. It also helps that a bunch of rich people can go ahead, subsidize these mischief makers and get endless source of both chuckles and practical intimidation and fear without ever having to take responsibility. After all, please never forget, conservatism is nothing more that a bunch of cowards wanting all the power, and taking none of responsibility. Think of Trump how he would always go ahead and get bailed out by the government every time went the bankruptcy, or the seven states that were the first to go ahead and cry for hurricane relief, but when it came their time to pay up, or when they had to extend the same courtesy to someone else cried like babies.

Cybercrime is a cowards crime. That is why Trump likes it, that is why Bannon likes it, that is why Putin likes it, to say nothing of Julian Assange. anything that is all power and no responsibility will attract the right wing the way it spilled on the floor will attract cockroaches. Of course, since they do not have facts, or even solidarity, they will, with the saccharine sweetener. I just look forward to the fact that when Bannon and Trump finally have falling out, the scene though trolls will no doubt go ahead and start attacking Jared Kushner and his wife. Then, that is when we take whatever they haven't stolen from us, buy some popcorn, and enjoy the show.

mischief = terrorism

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028453882
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

Re: Proglodytes are a little hazy on the definition of hacking, terrorism
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 03:30:07 PM »
Liberals really hate it when someone opens the doors and windows to their little echo chambers. :rant:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:31:32 PM »
Who would ever think to do something so sinister as infiltrate a left wing web site?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 03:32:13 PM »
Words like "hacking" are so much more useful if you ignore their actual meaning and just sling accusations.

I've seen at least one conservative-libertarian discussion forum flipped into Lib-Prog as loony and hate-filled as DU (CapitolHillBlue Reader Rant, one of the oldest news-politics discussion sites on the 'net; I started there in fall 1998). I've seen Libs and Progs take a homeschooling discussion site political and anti-Christian, driving away people who wanted to discuss homeschooling. I've seen a Stormfronter try to insinuate his way onto Reader Rant back in its conservative-libertarian days; he got mocked off the board before he got banned.

Lots of @#$% happens. The Internet isn't static, and often it's not very nice. DU-folk would know that latter point if they ever honestly "looked at themselves in a mirror".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 03:40:20 PM »

Watch out, out there! 

It's called "moling" you idiots. It's not hacking or social engineering. The latter is using social networks to get people distribute links or provide personal info.....

So my Dummy mole is a hack?

AUTOMATED MESSAGE: Results of your Jury Service

Mail Message

On Fri XXXXX 27, 2016, 11:XX PM an alert was sent on the following post:  :-)

"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 04:31:49 PM »
Well, that's exactly what I've been suggesting my fellow alum Skins do, so as to rid himself of that pestilential nuisance, Manny's message board.

He needs to assign some of his most-trusted primitives to go over there and register as stealth members, who over a period of time can subtly shift the focus of the message board into Hillary-friendly directions.

After which everyone wakes up some morning, to see that Skins anschlussed Manny's message board into Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 04:40:50 PM »
Liberals really hate it when someone opens the doors and windows to their little echo chambers. :rant:
Liberals really hate it when they get outwitted by people they constantly call dumb.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 05:18:27 PM »
Why are the DUmmies so stridently hanging on to Hillary? She's done. She's toast. She's the past. She's all but dead and buried.

Yet the DUmmies have to keep defending her. Why?

Because they are too damn stupid to admit they were wrong to back her during the primary.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 04:48:38 AM »
Yet these same people are hesitant to call ISIS terrorists, and go so far as to view ecoterrorist groups like Earth First and their spinoffs ELF and ALF as wonderful heroes who should be cheered on.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 07:44:24 AM »
Why are the DUmmies so stridently hanging on to Hillary? She's done. She's toast. She's the past. She's all but dead and buried.

Yet the DUmmies have to keep defending her. Why?

Because they are too damn stupid to admit they were wrong to back her during the primary.

Let them go!  That's money and time spent on her that will not be spent attacking us.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 09:08:15 AM »
Let them go!  That's money and time spent on her that will not be spent attacking us.

Absolutely!, $$, time, and energy spent on forlorn purpose, infighting, and reality denial is $$, time, and energy not spent on regaining power.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 09:45:44 AM »
So for leftists dicking with their stupid message boards is terrorism but what the mussies do by burning people, throwing them off buildings, shooting homos in their clubs, and driving trucks into innocent crowds is just okeydokey.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.