Author Topic: Let the purges begin! Party uber alles  (Read 1055 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Let the purges begin! Party uber alles
« on: January 07, 2017, 12:47:43 PM »
LaydeeBug (8,260 posts)

Unions need to clean house

Because there are an awful lot of them programmed by right wing radio. They want that UNION WAGE, but they vote for the union jobs to be slashed, by voting for the KGOPB.

One police union actually endorsed Trump. I wonder if they will protect us from him? 

They need to clean house. Because right now I feel like I'm fighting for people who are not willing to fight for me.

I'll keep fighting anyway.

**** those mother****ers.

guillaumeb (9,223 posts)

1. Union members generally vote Democratic at higher levels

than non-union workers.

Some union members feel that neither party addresses the issues that are weakening unions, and workers in general.

LaydeeBug (8,260 posts)

3. Generally?

My point is, esp this police union, is that they expect to get union wages while enabling union busters.

Dustlawyer (7,374 posts)

2. I'm the old days they all voted Democrat.

After Dems went after gun control and the religious right made it seem anti-Jesus to vote for Dems the cracks started showing. Once Dems started taking corporate money and ignoring the attacks on unions it was over.

Also, union leadership is old and entrenched pulling down big money and losing touch with their membership. They lost control and respect of the rank and file.

Rank and file have also forgotten what it takes to have leverage, the sacrifice it takes. Once they didn't have to pay dues and still get the benefits it was over then as well.

With the growing inequity there is an opportunity for some charismatic union officials to grow the unions again despite the hurdles. We should be expanding in this climate now, but there is no charismatic union guy in the trenches to do it!

Awww...your gun grabbing totalitarianism and anti-Christian bigotry caught up with you.

It's amazing how much these assholes want to impose gun control and take every opportunity to insult people of faith but then they get all butt hurt when people reject them for the very things they take pride in.

Stop being such prevaricating pussies. If you're going to be something just be it without apology or lies and let the chips fall where they may. If other people reject you for it either change your ways or stop sniveling.

dubyadiprecession (1,367 posts)

4. I know conservative union people like that.

They are usually the ones with personal problems and can't get along with their bosses. They join unions otherwise their dumb-ass's would get fired.

You mean like Tobin?

pintobean (16,793 posts)

6. Union's can't "clean house" over the way members vote.

That's just ridiculous. Even if they could/would, how would they know how members vote?

delisen (38 posts)

7. I get a pretty good idea how they vote by looking at the bumper stickers in the parking lot.

They don't always say Trump. Saw one massive pick-up the other day that featured Alex Jones INFOWARS. sticker on the rear window. Fortunately the gun rack on the inside of the window was empty.

Call 1-800-THT-CRYM and report any disloyal expressions you see!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028441995
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Re: Let the purges begin! Party uber alles
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 12:52:01 PM »
delisen (38 posts)

7. I get a pretty good idea how they vote by looking at the bumper stickers in the parking lot.

They don't always say Trump. Saw one massive pick-up the other day that featured Alex Jones INFOWARS. sticker on the rear window. Fortunately the gun rack on the inside of the window was empty.

Stop being so obvious, you don't want to flame out too quickly.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 12:54:30 PM »
 :thatsright: ::) Yes! Please! Purge those union members! Keep their money out of union coffers! Show them exactly what their union bosses and the D Party think of them! ::) :thatsright:

Because people respond so very well to being clubbed!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 12:56:37 PM »
dubyadiprecession (1,367 posts)

4. I know conservative union people like that.

They are usually the ones with personal problems and can't get along with their bosses. They join unions otherwise their dumb-ass's would get fired.
Conservatives w/personal problems?  Project much DUmmie?

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 01:03:10 PM »
"You are suspected, without proof, to have voted for Donald Trump.  You are hereby kicked out of the union.  Dues will no longer be deducted from your paycheck to eventually end up in democrat coffers.  However, prevailing wage laws still apply to you, and benefits won't change."   ::)

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 01:22:49 PM »
"You are suspected, without proof, to have voted for Donald Trump.  You are hereby kicked out of the union.  Dues will no longer be deducted from your paycheck to eventually end up in democrat coffers.  However, prevailing wage laws still apply to you, and benefits won't change."   ::)

That is more of an award than a punishment. result: 100% Trumper stickers in the parking lot.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 01:36:34 PM »
Out of a dozen or more people I've talked to in my union shop, only 2 refuse to say who they voted for, and everyone else freely admits they voted for Trump.

One of the biggest Trump-humpers I know also says he voted for Obama the first time.  :panic:

Our local union couldn't even get enough volunteers to run their phone bank for Hillary. To top that off, Hillary's sign in their front yard was almost invisible among the signs for state and local offices.  :tongue:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 02:06:45 PM »
Interesting to note they're admitting unions keep those that need firing, from being FIRED!

This is why I can't stand unions. They protect liberals.

KC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 02:25:11 PM »
What KC is referring to.    :rotf:
They join unions otherwise their dumb-ass's would get fired.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 03:29:36 PM »
Dustlawyer (7,374 posts)

After Dems went after gun control and the religious right made it seem anti-Jesus to vote for Dems the cracks started showing. Once Dems started taking corporate money and ignoring the attacks on unions it was over. .......

Which is exactly why Liz Warren will either not run or will get her lilly white * beat by Trump/Pence in 2020. There is zero chance the democrat nominee will get anywhere without Wall Street money. They sold out.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 04:21:24 PM »
Dustlawyer (7,374 posts)

After Dems went after gun control and the religious right made it seem anti-Jesus to vote for Dems the cracks started showing. Once Dems started taking corporate money and making attacks on union workers' jobs and unionized businesses it was over. .......

Corrected to improve accuracy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 05:05:55 PM »
Guess who the union steward is in my little office, LDB ?

Ill give you a hint.. Its me.

And you know how many grievances there have been since I have taken over years ago ?

None.

Because unlike your average union thug, I believe things should be worked out if possible. Nobody has faced any discipline beyond an informal, "please don't do that again.". So, I'd say to you that everything works just fine in my little office just the way it is, TYVM.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 07:43:28 PM »
Guess who the union steward is in my little office, LDB ?

Ill give you a hint.. Its me.

And you know how many grievances there have been since I have taken over years ago ?

None.

Because unlike your average union thug, I believe things should be worked out if possible. Nobody has faced any discipline beyond an informal, "please don't do that again.". So, I'd say to you that everything works just fine in my little office just the way it is, TYVM.

Early in my career back as a greenie engineer, the shop I worked at had me in an entry level spot. I was the shop floor supervisor for about 50 fitters in the heavy fabrication area. It was a union shop, I can't remember which, some sort of welders/steel fitters or something like that... been over 2 decades ago so my memory isn't the best. I got the crap shift being the new guy: 2PM to 11PM... there was no third shift, and I was also the engineering support since no one else was there at those hours.
I'd leave after shift and get home around 1AM, scrub down and get in bed.
About 2-3 times a week, my phone would ring at 800AM, it was the plant manager telling me I had to come in. Every time, I'd walk into the meeting and it was the union steward and plant manager sitting there... complaints from my night shift about some new grievance filed against me. It was almost always "time study". Every time I would stop and watch someone work, those lazy bastards would claim I was doing a time study which was prohibited in the contract they had. It got to where I started doing it on purpose just to watch the frenzy. All I had to do was stop and stare for about 5 minutes and watch them run around busting ass and laugh. Otherwise, they  would sit around and read magazines and shit.
The plant manager was getting to hate me because he had to deal with the shit so much, but would still laugh about how I was in their craw and driving them nuts.
It was always the same 4-5 assholes. The rest of my guys were ass-busters, worked hard for their pay. I had a real good time taunting the lazy sons of bitches. But man, the plant manager sure did get sick of it. When they would start to ratchet up the grievances, I'd start handing out write-ups for safety violations and they would back off for a week or so. The cat and mouse continued until I moved into the engineering design department after a couple of years.

Oh, and just as a funny side note... it was a small town and I knew almost all of the guys pretty well. I had 6 of them on work release from jail, all DUI's or bar fights.
The job was VERY dirty, so I bought this old dodge station wagon to shuttle to work and back. I could get all 6 of them in there, some piled in the back. Every night after clock-out, it was a mad rush... I was the shuttle back to the country lockup. We had 15 minutes after clock-out to get them there... bumper dang near dragging the ground with all those derelicts piled in there. Brings back memories...