Author Topic: What is your favorite breakfast food?  (Read 16297 times)

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
What is your favorite breakfast food?
« on: January 30, 2008, 01:33:27 PM »
What is everyone favorite breakfast food? Me, I really love biscuts and gravy or country ham with red eye gravy. The Yankee in me also really like bagels with lox, I haven't had one in SOOOO long.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: What is your favorite breakfast food?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:36:34 PM »
Standard breakfast order:

2 eggs over medium, hash browns (not hash whites), bacon, and wheat toast.  Coffee and water, of course.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 01:38:08 PM »
Well. Since "food" means "meal" I'm happy to play.  :p :p

Steak and eggs. (med. rare, over-easy) Side of bacon, Texas Toast.

Kinda plain but what can I do?  :-)

Edit:

Forgot coffee. (black and lots of it) Large OJ
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 01:39:53 PM by ReardenSteel »
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 01:43:02 PM »
Oh man, I forgot about bevereges. I drink either coffee with an insane amount of sugar and half and half or Coke.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 01:48:33 PM »
Oh man, I forgot about bevereges. I drink either coffee with an insane amount of sugar and half and half or Coke.

Eww. You put Coke in your coffee?  :p
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 01:49:44 PM »
Rum and Coke.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 01:50:16 PM »

Eww. You put Coke in your coffee?  :p

Nooooooo, I said OR Coke. :p

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 01:52:13 PM »
Yes, you did say "or coke", but they way it read it left the reader with  the impression you would use half & half or Coke in your coffee.   The misunderstanding was not the reader's fault. 

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 01:55:11 PM »
Geez, grammer nazis here.  :-)

Fine. I drink either coffee with an insane amount of sugar with half and half. I also enjoy Coke with my breakfast.

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 01:55:50 PM »
Rum and Coke.

Do you poar it over you cornflakes? :-)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 01:57:56 PM »

Fine. I drink either coffee with an insane amount of sugar with half and half. I also enjoy Coke with my breakfast.

No grammar Nazi here.  I was defending we the readers.   :innocent:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 01:58:19 PM »
Beer.

+1
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »
Omelette with mushrooms, sausage, tomatoes, peppers, cheese, homestyle potatoes, and toast with REAL butter and lime marmalade or strawberry preserves. I forgot to add--coffee with half and half and splenda

I'm ok with pancakes, but I like them how ******* Barrel makes them where the butter kind of crisps the edges.

I don't usually eat out though for breakfast---occasionally for a treat--not necessarily for monetary reasons but because I'd rather not become an obese shut in.  :o

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 01:59:39 PM »
Omelette with mushrooms, sausage, tomatoes, peppers, cheese, homestyle potatoes, and toast with REAL butter and lime marmalade or strawberry preserves.

I'm ok with pancakes, but I like them how ******* Barrel makes them where the butter kind of crisps the edges.

I don't usually eat out though for breakfast---occasionally for a treat--not necessarily for monetary reasons but because I'd rather not become an obese shut in.  :o

omg--the word CR*acker was bleeped out :lmao:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 02:01:31 PM »
Omelette with mushrooms, sausage, tomatoes, peppers, cheese, homestyle potatoes, and toast with REAL butter and lime marmalade or strawberry preserves. I forgot to add--coffee with half and half and splenda

For all my life, breakfast has been my favorite meal to eat out.  It's so...so...so CIVILIZED.

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 02:01:40 PM »
Omelette with mushrooms, sausage, tomatoes, peppers, cheese, homestyle potatoes, and toast with REAL butter and lime marmalade or strawberry preserves.

omg--the word CR*acker was bleeped out :lmao:

I saw that too, I was like WTF?  :lmao:

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »

I did that 'cause Sam was being a 'lil bitch about the n word being bleeped out but not cracker.  :-)

Changing it now. I didn't even think about Townhouse.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 02:04:46 PM »

For all my life, breakfast has been my favorite meal to eat out.  It's so...so...so CIVILIZED.

It is my favorite meal to eat out too, Undies.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 02:05:03 PM »

I did that 'cause Sam was being a 'lil bitch about the n word being bleeped out but not cracker.  :-)

I warned him about missing his harmone pills.

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 02:05:37 PM »

I think it should stay, that's funny! :-) What IS on the naughty word list. I knew Ron Paul was once.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 02:08:49 PM »

I was poking fun. I followed the first time. (just putting that out there so's I'm not subject to grammar nazis down the road) (Not that I don't speak very well grammar) (not that I care how one spells grammer around here) (btw I also don't wish to be subjected to spelling nazis) (or the trouble of clicking on spell checker) (just trying to get along) (is there such a thing as a rant nazi?)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 02:12:42 PM »

My love of restaurant breakfast started when my dad was business agent for his union.  We got to go to a convention every year and stay in a big nice hotel (I especially remember the Driskell Hotel in Corpus Christi).  We boys would have to get up in the morning, put on our suits and ties, comb our hair, and go with the family down to the restaurant to have breakfast.  It was great!  

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »

I was poking fun. I followed the first time. (just putting that out there so's I'm not subject to grammar nazis down the road) (Not that I don't speak very well grammar) (not that I care how one spells grammer around here) (btw I also don't wish to be subjected to spelling nazis) (or the trouble of clicking on spell checker) (just trying to get along) (is there such a thing as a rant nazi?)

Relax. I was teasing. :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 03:24:56 PM »

My love of restaurant breakfast started when my dad was business agent for his union.  We got to go to a convention every year and stay in a big nice hotel (I especially remember the Driskell Hotel in Corpus Christi).  We boys would have to get up in the morning, put on our suits and ties, comb our hair, and go with the family down to the restaurant to have breakfast.  It was great! 

I don't remember the exact circumstances for me, but I know I love eating out for breakfast more then any other meal. I know there is something warm and fuzzy feeling wise for me so there is some memory there for the why.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 03:28:31 PM »
Even though I rarely do it, I LOVE to go out to eat for breakfast.  :)

What I like to get, at most restaurants with big breakfast menus (Cracker Barrel, IHOP) , is 3 pancakes with blueberry syrup,  2 eggs, cooked over medium, crispy bacon (if it's not crispy, I won't eat it), and either orange juice or milk. 

If I had to pick ONE specific breakfast food, it would be bacon (pork OR turkey).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.