Author Topic: TobinS decides he's not crazy after all  (Read 851 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

TobinS decides he's not crazy after all
« on: July 04, 2016, 08:36:32 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018879296

Mon Jul 4, 2016, 12:57 AM
Star Member Tobin S. (8,821 posts)

I have resolved one of the most important issues in my life tonight.

And it only took me 43 years to do it.

I think about three quarters of Americans are bat shit crazy. The number might be closer to seven eighths. There is no other explanation for the state we are in now. I'm not being all high and mighty here. I'm certified crazy and I have the psych meds to show for it. I have bipolar disorder. The difference between me and most other Americans is that I know I'm crazy and I'm trying to make myself a saner person.

Yep, our society is just nuts. When that is the case, the reaction most people will have is to become crazy as well. A big reason for my problems is that I was raised by crazy people who really didn't know what love was. But they were only reacting to their perception of reality which is insane in this country. When you are raised in an insane asylum, you have no choice but to be crazy. There is no other option when that is all you have known since birth. It takes a serious jolt to your psyche to be able to see outside of that...to be able to see outside of your worldview.

I had a really hard night at work tonight. I didn't do a damn thing, but it was probably one of the toughest eight hours of my life. There was no one around, but I had to be in there just in case I was needed. I didn't do anything but sit there and think all night, and I got lost in my head like I used to before I got treatment. I'm very introverted. Some people see that as a positive trait, but it almost cost me my life. Before treatment I would get lost in my head for long periods of time. It would get to the point where I couldn't find my way back to here and I would come to the conclusion that I was better off dead. That's one hell of a price to pay just for trying to figure stuff out.

But that didn't happen tonight. It ended at about a half hour before my shift was up. I had one of those epiphany type moments when I realized it's not just me or just 5% of the population. The normal state of being in our society is bat shit insane. Few people in our country have a good grasp on reality.

The first question was, "What the hell is going on?" The next question is, "What do I do now?"

new job doesn't seem to be going well by this

Offline Karin

Re: TobinS decides he's not crazy after all
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 08:47:08 PM »
Words fail me, except for "oh my."  Doesn't he seem to be sitting around on this job a lot?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 08:49:51 PM »
But that didn't happen tonight. It ended at about a half hour before my shift was up. I had one of those epiphany type moments when I realized it's not just me or just 5% of the population but I forgot it because my alarm on my phone woke me up.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 08:53:46 PM »
Ummmmm ...... were DU-folk impressed by the judgment of a guy who prefaced his claim that almost everybody is crazy ... by saying that he himself is crazy?

How his :bouncy: about having "got lost in my head" relates to his claim that almost everybody is crazy I won't even try to unravel.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 08:59:00 PM »
Mon Jul 4, 2016, 12:57 AM
Star Member Tobin S. (8,821 posts)

I have resolved one of the most important issues in my life tonight.

And it only took me 43 years to do it.

I think about three quarters of Americans are bat shit crazy. The number might be closer to seven eighths. There is no other explanation for the state we are in now. I'm not being all high and mighty here. I'm certified crazy and I have the psych meds to show for it. I have bipolar disorder. The difference between me and most other Americans is that I know I'm crazy and I'm trying to make myself a saner person.

Yep, our society is just nuts. When that is the case, the reaction most people will have is to become crazy as well. A big reason for my problems is that I was raised by crazy people who really didn't know what love was. But they were only reacting to their perception of reality which is insane in this country. When you are raised in an insane asylum, you have no choice but to be crazy. There is no other option when that is all you have known since birth. It takes a serious jolt to your psyche to be able to see outside of that...to be able to see outside of your worldview.

I had a really hard night at work tonight. I didn't do a damn thing, but it was probably one of the toughest eight hours of my life. There was no one around, but I had to be in there just in case I was needed. I didn't do anything but sit there and think all night, and I got lost in my head like I used to before I got treatment. I'm very introverted. Some people see that as a positive trait, but it almost cost me my life. Before treatment I would get lost in my head for long periods of time. It would get to the point where I couldn't find my way back to here and I would come to the conclusion that I was better off dead. That's one hell of a price to pay just for trying to figure stuff out.

But that didn't happen tonight. It ended at about a half hour before my shift was up. I had one of those epiphany type moments when I realized it's not just me or just 5% of the population. The normal state of being in our society is bat shit insane. Few people in our country have a good grasp on reality.

The first question was, "What the hell is going on?" The next question is, "What do I do now?"

I'll tell you what to do now, Tubbs.  Look in the mirror and figure out what is wrong in your life and change it.  You do seem to have more gumption than the dummies... so use it!!!!  Quit worrying about shit you cannot change and change the shit you can.  Quit worrying about everybody else and worry about yourself.

I'll wave my 5 cent fee in this case for the simple reason I would like to see you succeed.  Once you taste success, you will be a dummy no longer.

Now do it. Just do it. No excuses, no BS, just freaking do it.  Then you will have made the conversion to the rest of us sane people and figure out the dump is for losers.  Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Good luck.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 09:04:56 PM »
More evidence that Junior Samples does not have a CDL,or trucking job but is likely a resident at a local,supervised loony bin like demented grasswipe Judy.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 10:26:14 PM »
and I got lost in my head like I used to before I got treatment.

So, explain what all of these fancy medications are doing for you, Tubbs?

If your'e still suffering from the same bouts of "getting lost in your own head" that you had before them, how are they helping?

Also, stop trying to humble-brag some kind of unique flower status because you've thought about suicide before.  Do you think you are the only one?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 10:45:59 PM »
90% of DU seems to be on some kind of medication or another but they don't let that stop them from telling everyone else how it's supposed to be.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 05:07:43 AM »
90% of DU seems to be on some kind of medication or another but they don't let that stop them from telling everyone else how it's supposed to be.

Your percentage seems a little low. 

I think 99.9999999% of the Dump is medicated.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 06:49:57 AM »
Your percentage seems a little low. 

I think 99.9999999% of the Dump is medicated.

If you include :stoner: , that .00000002% gets included. :-)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 05:56:57 PM »
If you include :stoner: , that .00000002% gets included. :-)

Yes, yes it does...   :lol:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.