Author Topic: Yet another beggar from Pennsylvania  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

Yet another beggar from Pennsylvania
« on: February 08, 2016, 03:15:04 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018837856

Sun Feb 7, 2016, 01:06 PM
Star Member meow2u3 (17,883 posts)

I normally don't like to ask for help, but I'm facing electrical shutoff

Last edited Sun Feb 7, 2016, 01:40 PM - Edit history (3)

https://www.gofundme.com/qdnkeskk

Not only is my electric bill exorbitant, but it's accumulating late charges because I can't pay the damn thing on a disability check of just over $1100. On top of that, I'm facing a mechanic's lien on my car because of a back $210 repair charge, not to mention back charges of medical deductibles and copays of which I have to rid the burden. I'm afraid I might end up in the dark, without a car, and in debt up to my eyeballs.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Any excess will be donated to my local food bank.

Response to meow2u3 (Original post)Mon Feb 8, 2016, 01:46 PM
Star Member Fla Dem (4,326 posts)
6. Please look into local organiations in your area. Start with Catholic Charities.

I know the Catholic Charities Organization in my area helps out in just these type of situation.Best of luck to you.

Show them this, Sue:

meow2u3
meow2u3 Jan '15
Translation: I'll just pick and choose the teachings of the Church I want to follow while I call liberals the cafeteria Catholics I am. - Rick Santorum

http://forums.talkingpointsmemo.com/t/discussion-santorum-i-dont-know-what-the-pope-is-talking-about-anymore/15754/161

Since when does gofundme let you use a fake last name?:

https://myspace.com/im2uneek/photos

::)

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Re: Yet another beggar from Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 03:25:23 PM »
Isn't that neat?

Later today, or tomorrow, or next week  (or yesterday) , this (D)Ummie will be demanding that government take whatever people didn't give them voluntarily.

(D)Ummies like this one are the equivalent of a guy out in a boat, fishing on the port side, and dynamiting fish to starboard.

:bigbird: (D)Ummie.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 04:10:27 PM »

Not only is my electric bill exorbitant, but it's accumulating late charges because I can't pay the damn thing on a disability check of just over $1100. On top of that, I'm facing a mechanic's lien on my car because of a back $210 repair charge, not to mention back charges of medical deductibles and copays of which I have to rid the burden. I'm afraid I might end up in the dark, without a car, and in debt up to my eyeballs.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Any excess will be donated to my local food bank.

And this DUmmie would presume to tell you how you are not voting for your best interest.  :whatever:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 04:25:26 PM »
Most states have laws against utilities shutting the power off in the winter. I bet PA, does too.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 04:35:04 PM »
Okay, here we got another one of those cat "lovers."

I've got nothing against cats or dogs--my whole life's testament to that--but some people just plain shouldn't be allowed to have them.

This is probably one of those destitute primitives who, when confronted with either a $5000 veterinary bill to keep 16-year-old Fluffy alive, or to have Fluffy put down thus saving the money for more essential things, chooses the former, and then goes on the internet begging for help.

People who can't support their own selves shouldn't be allowed to have pets.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 04:39:58 PM »

I've got nothing against cats or dogs--my whole life's testament to that--but some people just plain shouldn't be allowed to have them.

This is probably one of those destitute primitives who, when confronted with either a $5000 veterinary bill to keep 16-year-old Fluffy alive, or to have Fluffy put down thus saving the money for more essential things, chooses the former, and then goes on the internet begging for help.

Roger that, for many reasons, significant among which is '**** cats.'

As for begging, it's just another example of how 0loser's most ardent supporters are faring under his rule. Too effing bad.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 04:43:26 PM »
Another useless idiot that watched bills pile up while it spent money on Internet,smart phones etc.  :yawn:

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 05:04:23 PM »

And this DUmmie would presume to tell you how you are not voting for your best interest.  :whatever:

You bet they would. Also, notice how the (D)Ummie mentions nothing of its discretionary spending. 1100 a month is 13200 a year. If one plans, investigates, analyzes, calculates, recalculates, replans, and put ones self in a position where one can buy the non-discretionary things in life on ones own terms, money can go a long long ways. Nickel and dime life instead of letting it nickel and dime them. Pay attention when shopping, ten cents difference here and there adds up. Lead from ahead, rather than leading from behind like obozo.

It is stupidly simple:

Starting on the first of the month, make a simple ledger in a notebook. Record every transaction you made, with no exceptions. At the end of the month, go over the list and break them into discretionary and non-discretional spending, and make *gasp* cuts. Buy some tools, a repair manual, and read and research on the internet how to fix and maintain things yourself, and save yourself the funds. Eliminate "I can't" from the lexicon. Maybe its just me, but I feel GREAT when I fix or maintain something that a professional would charge 200-500$ for, just for the "I win" factor alone. I feel even better when that savings leads to a nice vacation to the Black Hills or Pikes Peak.

The wife myself and a bunch of pets survive on only slightly more than this (D)Ummie, and quite comfortably. Ribeye/new york strip at least once a week comfortably .  And we can still afford to travel and camp a number of times every year. It can be done, but one has to have the will, and the discipline, to make it happen. This (D)Ummie simply needs to take ownership of their own life, a prospect terrifying to all (D)Ummies. Learning to live within ones means is probably next to impossible for those who believe in government which can not live within its means, though.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 05:06:18 PM »

They shouldn't be able to vote, either.

CMD

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 05:11:46 PM »
Another useless idiot that watched bills pile up while it spent money on Internet,smart phones etc.  :yawn:

I wouldn't be surprised at all. I used the same original blackberry and the wife a motorola razor, until a couple months ago, when we got new phones. Our monthly actually went down in spite of a third dedicated line for a tablet, and the new phones, otherwise we'd still be using the old ones.

I doubt very much that (D)Ummies look at it from that perspective though.

CMD

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 05:18:21 PM »

What one also has to remember is that the cat-obsessed primitive doesn't get "only" $1100 a month in disability gravy; the odds are that the primitive also gets food stamps, rental assistance, and Medicaid.

I'll bet when the primitive's "income" from all sources is totaled up, it's, uh, somewhat more than that.....
apres moi, le deluge

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 05:30:22 PM »
What one also has to remember is that the cat-obsessed primitive doesn't get "only" $1100 a month in disability gravy; the odds are that the primitive also gets food stamps, rental assistance, and Medicaid.

I'll bet when the primitive's "income" from all sources is totaled up, it's, uh, somewhat more than that.....

Good point Coach. Very good point. It just agravates me though, that whenever there is an issue with them in their lives financially, the first and only thing they ask is for "more", while they can't be expected to investigate how to do more with less. Just like government.

CMD

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 06:08:01 PM »
This is unpossible.

Jugears said the economy is booming, unemployment is at 4.9% and we're on the right path. This miscreant probably isn't partaking of the "working" ethic, but is so used to using taxpayers to support them, it doesn't know what to do.

Hence, begging.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 07:31:33 PM »

Not only is my electric bill exorbitant,

<tale of woe>

Assuming this dummie's tale of woe is not a scam:

So dummie... did you vote for obama? Well did you?  Do you know that obama said that electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket under his admin? 

No?

Well let me prove it to you. Since I am lazy I will just repost this comment, #7  from this thread:

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=106385.0

I will even make it easy for you dummie.

I suggest you write to 1600 Pennsylvania ave, Washington DC and ask for help.  You helped the current resident get in office, so I am sure he will help you out.

Now as for your electric rate going up:

"In January 2008 when he was running for President, then-Senator Obama, said, “[E]lectricity rates would necessarily skyrocket…. [W]hatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money onto consumers.” (I Highlighted in red the key part for you dummie

https://www.uschamber.com/above-the-fold/president-obama-keeps-his-promise-electricity-rates-will-skyrocket-because-carbon

So STFU and pay your electric bill with a smile. Why? Because you voted for the stupid ****er that promised to make it happen. I hope you freeze to death you worthless dummie. I hope you wind up homeless and under a bridge. Why? Because you voted to make it happen. And you will vote for the same in the next election.  So embrace the suck, dummie.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4[/youtube]

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 07:40:04 PM »
Assuming this dummie's tale of woe is not a scam:

So dummie... did you vote for obama? Well did you?  Do you know that obama said that electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket under his admin? 

No?

Well let me prove it to you. Since I am lazy I will just repost this comment, #7  from this thread:

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=106385.0

I will even make it easy for you dummie.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4[/youtube]

I think that about covers it, but it wont stop (D)Ummies like that one from lecturing the rest of us about voting against our self interests.

CMD

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 08:06:25 PM »
I think that about covers it, but it wont stop (D)Ummies like that one from lecturing the rest of us about voting against our self interests.

CMD

You are correct, CMD. I like to just throw it back in their face, I know they come over here, and let them know that we ain't the ones voting against our self interest.

Does it work?  Probably not... they are dummies after all.  Maybe just maybe though there could be one or two newly registered dummies that might just say: "Wait a second". 

Hitler took over germany one beer hall at a time. Who's to say I can't take over dummiedom one poor, destitute dummie at time?   :cheersmate:

Way I see it I am out nothing but a little time.... and it amuses me.    :-)

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 08:10:23 PM »
Take two pieces of 3/4 inch copper pipe and smash flat with a hammer.  Insert them in the contacts where the meter goes.

How simple can it be?

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 08:15:37 PM »
Take two pieces of 3/4 inch copper pipe and smash flat with a hammer.  Insert them in the contacts where the meter goes.

How simple can it be?

The dummie sold the copper pipe he stole for his weekly weed buy.   :whistling:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 08:18:07 PM »
It's interesting how many liberal make requests for help when, according to them, the Oconomy is doing great. Unemployment is down to 4.9%.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 04:10:27 AM »
You are correct, CMD. I like to just throw it back in their face, I know they come over here, and let them know that we ain't the ones voting against our self interest.

Does it work?  Probably not... they are dummies after all.  Maybe just maybe though there could be one or two newly registered dummies that might just say: "Wait a second". 

Hitler took over germany one beer hall at a time. Who's to say I can't take over dummiedom one poor, destitute dummie at time?   :cheersmate:

Way I see it I am out nothing but a little time.... and it amuses me.    :-)

I know precisely what you mean. One (D)Ummie at a time.

Still, sometimes I want to grab them by the scruff of the neck, get nose to nose with them, and yell at them them in my best Sergeant Hartman voice:

"You'd have made 2000 dollars a year more on average under BUSH, scumbag!"

CMD