Author Topic: Christmas Power Tools  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Christmas Power Tools
« on: November 18, 2009, 09:34:12 PM »
Got my dad one of these for Christmas. His old one bleeds off too much air pressure to get any real torque anymore.

Plus, I got a case for it and 6 sockets for $100.

Anything y'all got your eyes on?
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline kenth

Re: Christmas Power Tools
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 12:30:54 AM »
I'd love a wire welder. There's all kinds of small projects I want to do.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 07:57:09 AM »
I'd love a wire welder. There's all kinds of small projects I want to do.

Same here.  I need an angle grinder as well, but those are not expensive.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 09:55:14 AM »
If you buy a wire welder, don't go too cheap. The Lincoln units at around $600-$800 work well and will run off 220V (drier outlet)

Don't get flux core.

(been welding for over 20 years)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »
I want one of the Makita Thicknessers , A compound miter saw and a replacement metal cutting drop saw. I'll probably end up getting a planer and a circular saw.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 07:01:19 AM »
I saw a write-up for a combo mitre saw that not only angles the blade but the fences can be re-angled. Didn't see any with a slide feature though. Last year I whined and cried for a mitre that also had a slide...did not get...the beach bunnie wanted to save the extra $20. Turns out several projects during the year involved 2x6 or 2x8. The beach bunnie could only hang her head in shame.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 07:35:05 PM »
I saw a write-up for a combo mitre saw that not only angles the blade but the fences can be re-angled. Didn't see any with a slide feature though. Last year I whined and cried for a mitre that also had a slide...did not get...the beach bunnie wanted to save the extra $20. Turns out several projects during the year involved 2x6 or 2x8. The beach bunnie could only hang her head in shame.

This is what i was thinkin about.

Offline kenth

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 10:38:10 PM »
If you buy a wire welder, don't go too cheap. The Lincoln units at around $600-$800 work well and will run off 220V (drier outlet)

Don't get flux core.

(been welding for over 20 years)

Cool. What do you think about the auto darkening welding hoods?

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 10:09:06 AM »
Cool. What do you think about the auto darkening welding hoods?

I've never used one. I've also heard of recalls on some because the lens didn't auto-darken when the batteries died. (dead batteries, they go black, or SHOULD  :o)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline txted

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 08:07:19 PM »
I'm an old man who has always been good with his hands and likes to play with electronics. As a result, I tend to get a lot of Home Depot and Best Buy gift cards for different occasions. I recently was cleaning my wallet and found a couple of Home Depot cards and thought they had already been used. I hate to throw those things in trash cans for some reason so they find their way back into my wallet. I couldn't remember using them, so I went by Home Depot and asked the checker to scan them for me. Turns out, I had seventy bucks worth of gift cards and they had a display of those Dremmell "Multi Max" oscillating tools, which I had been planning on buying; for $99.00 each. Home Depot got my gift cards and $29.00 from my pocket. The tool went home with me. I love it.

txted

Offline txted

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 08:18:49 PM »
A few years ago, I bought my Son and my Son-In-Law each one of those Dewalt 36 volt, battery powered drills for Christmas. I think they cost about $395.00 each. They were really, really excited to get them. The first time they used them, they almost twisted their arms off at the elbow when the bit would seize. They still use them when they are drilling something that won't grab the bit, but normally they just borrow my trusty Rigid brand, 18v, battery powered tools.

txted