Author Topic: Why Indiana needs 'religious freedom' legislation  (Read 9797 times)

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Why Indiana needs 'religious freedom' legislation
« on: March 29, 2015, 09:17:18 PM »
by, Daniel O. Conkle 10:21 a.m. EDT March 26, 2015
Daniel O. Conkle, professor, Indiana University Maurer School of Law

I am a supporter of gay rights, including same-sex marriage. But as an informed legal scholar, I also support the proposed Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA). How can this be?

It's because — despite all the rhetoric — the bill has little to do with same-sex marriage and everything to do with religious freedom.

The bill would establish a general legal standard, the "compelling interest" test, for evaluating laws and governmental practices that impose substantial burdens on the exercise of religion.

http://www.indystar.com/story/opinion/readers/2015/03/07/indiana-needs-religious-freedom-legislation/24477303/?hootPostID=%5B%22%5B%2775606c6118744201a6fdc5ca2b697774%27%5D%22%5D
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline thundley4

Re: Why Indiana needs 'religious freedom' legislation
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 10:02:16 PM »
I'll just cut and paste my comments from Facebook about this subject.

The whole thing about religious freedom laws piss me off. There is only one reason they are needed. Gays have been known to target Christian bakers. Plain and simple. If it weren't for them targeting Christians, the actual problem of a business not catering or serving gays would happen very rarely.

Think of it this way. Would you want to go to any business where the owners and possibly every worker disapprove of your lifestyle? You might get a very very done cake, or just maybe, damn the bad luck, they get it done late. Or maybe they make it as soon as you order it and let it sit in their freezer for two months.

It's BS and gays are just forcing everyone to accept perverted lifestyle.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Why Indiana needs 'religious freedom' legislation
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 12:27:15 AM »
It was pointed out today by the Governor of Indiana to George Snuffleupagus that George's boss Clinnochio signed the same bill into law many years ago.
That didn't slow Snuffleupagus down one bit from trying to lynch the Indiana Governor.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.