Author Topic: Doug Davis has cancer  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Doug Davis has cancer
« on: March 29, 2008, 11:31:38 AM »
The D'Back left handed starter has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer, DAMN! Poor guy.

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080328&content_id=2463609&vkey=news_ari&fext=.jsp&c_id=ari

PHOENIX -- In Doug Davis' mind, there was no way he was not going to take the Chase Field mound on Friday night.
That kind of grit and determination will serve the D-backs left-hander well as he faces his toughest opponent yet: cancer.

Davis was diagnosed this week with thyroid cancer, but he insisted on making his scheduled start in Friday's exhibition game against the Rockies. The 32-year-old plans on making his first two starts of the year, April 3 against the Reds in Cincinnati and April 8 against the Dodgers at home before undergoing surgery to remove the mass on April 10. Dr. Bob Evani will perform the procedure.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline jendf

Re: Doug Davis has cancer
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 11:59:46 PM »
I read this yesterday. It's too bad. I did read though that people who are diagnosed with this kind of cancer can be cured or can manage it. That's good news.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Doug Davis has cancer
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 12:18:20 PM »
I also read this yesterday.  My first thought was, "He'll kick its ass."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.