Author Topic: Dems target Fedex founder in new web site (possible Veep?)  (Read 722 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Dems target Fedex founder in new web site (possible Veep?)
« on: August 06, 2008, 05:04:11 PM »
WASHINGTON — The Democratic National Committee is taking the possibility of a Vice President Frederick W. Smith seriously enough to create a new website to denounce his and six other prospects' candidacies.

TheNextCheney.com examines the records of McCain's suspected short list: Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota; Gov. Charlie Crist of Florida; former Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts; Sen. John Thune of South Dakota; Carly Fiorina, the former chief executive of Hewlett-Packard; U.S. Rep. Eric Cantor of Virginia; and Smith, founder and chief executive of FedEx in Memphis.

Meanwhile, a labor group called Change to Win, made up of members of International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Laborers' International Union of North America, Service Employees International Union, UNITE HERE, United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, United Farm Workers of America, and United Food and Commercial Workers International Unioned, is disparaging Smith's record as a "union buster."

Smith and his wife, Diane, attended a July 4 barbecue at McCain's Arizona ranch amid speculation that it was a rehearsal for the vice presidential nod.

The Democratic web site quotes Smith making light of Barack Obama's youth and inexperience, saying in July that the country was not in a recession and telling PBS talk show host Charlie Rose that he "would hope Senator McCain would have better judgment than to hire me."

Smith, who has been involved in McCain campaigns since a senate re-election bid in 1998, will be a Tennessee delegate to the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minn., next month.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/aug/06/dems-target-fedex-founder-new-web-site/

Sigh. How telling that the website is called "thenextCHENEY.com" idjits.

http://www.democrats.org/page/content/thenextcheney/
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle