Author Topic: Upton bill passes....  (Read 4374 times)

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
Upton bill passes....
« on: November 15, 2013, 12:42:39 PM »
39 Dems voted Yea....
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Re: Upton bill passes....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 12:57:49 PM »
I find it funny the rodeo clown said yesterday he would work with anybody to get a delay through and then said he would veto Upton's bill which legally does what he said he wanted to do.

That's some special kind of stupid right there.  I hope the dems are warming up the 25th Amendment, they might need it soon.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 01:40:19 PM »
There are some who are saying he looks deranged and power-mad with this veto-screaming. 

My demwit congresscreep broke ranks and voted for it.  Ever since this POS passed, he's been backpedalling and waffling.  For example, he voted to get rid of that 1099 debacle, if you remember that.  He apparently didn't read the bill, and didn't know about this stuff.  I so want him out of there in 2014.  He barely squeaked through in both past two elections.

This Upton bill isn't getting past Harry Reid, is it? 

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 01:42:11 PM »

I almost hope it doesn't.   :fuelfire:
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 02:00:05 PM »
Zeit--Che-Pelosi is one of the 39 Dems who voted in favor.

Someone must have told her that she's going to get held accountable for her record.

Uh, Carol?  Too late, hon.  You OWN this one.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 02:22:39 PM »

Probably not, but even if it does, The Won has already said he'd veto it.

If the GOP plays this right (big if) it'll be a hell of a good headline. Either Dingy Harry or Homey D. Clown is about to tell a large chuck of the population to go **** themselves.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 02:36:50 PM »
It's only a one-year extension, not a permanent fix.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 03:49:02 PM »
It's only a one-year extension, not a permanent fix.

The poison pill is that it opens those "substandard" plans not only to those who lost them but to people who had not had them before. 

Offline Dori

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 05:15:08 PM »
Zeit--Che-Pelosi is one of the 39 Dems who voted in favor.

Really?  That's a shock.  She must have gotten a lot of hate mail from the million+ people in CA that were cancelled. 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 05:25:57 PM »
Really?  That's a shock.  She must have gotten a lot of hate mail from the million+ people in CA that were cancelled. 

My really good friend NHSparky's referring to Shea-Porter, his congresswoman up over there in New Hampshire.

He calls her "Che-a-lot-of-different-things."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 05:30:25 PM »
I find it funny the rodeo clown said yesterday he would work with anybody to get a delay through and then said he would veto Upton's bill which legally does what he said he wanted to do.

That's some special kind of stupid right there.  I hope the dems are warming up the 25th Amendment, they might need it soon.
You're talking about rodeowebuma. I got one of his masks for halloween. I couldn't wear it long. It was scaring everyone near to death.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 05:32:25 PM »

Well, she's in a "podunk" district in NH, but damned if she doesn't pull in a buttload of union and out-of-state PAC money.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 05:36:11 PM »
My really good friend NHSparky's referring to Shea-Porter, his congresswoman up over there in New Hampshire.

True, coach.

But Pelosi's district is so solidly blue she could publicly fellate Reagan's corpse in the middle of the Castro and still get 80 percent of the vote.

Offline MD

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 07:47:00 PM »
I really wonder if the Democrats have any sort of sanity at all.

First of all, these bills designed by the GOP are designed to make Obamacare even worse, not better.  So even though this bill sounds really good, dont be fooled.  This is a really clever way for the GOP to chop one of the legs out of Obamacare.  I really am surprised that they came up with it. I didnt think they were capable of this kind of move anymore.

Second, dont they realize that by pushing this off a year all they do is push it right into the middle of the midterms?  They already are going to get smacked by the small business mandate forcing millions off of insurance, they want to add this?

Third. I guess all that talk of a Civil War was right, it just happens that they picked the wrong party to implode.
Disclaimer: Anytime I refer to a DUmmie or ****tarded Liberal in any term that may be considered “smart” or "brilliant" it should be read with the most sarcasm you possibly can muster.

They are not smart, that’s why they are Liberal.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 09:43:46 PM »
I like this bill. It puts the ball in the democrat court.

If Reid kills it in the senate, than its the fault of the rats. If it passes and Obama kills it with a veto, then the pain is all on him. If it becomes law, the GOP looks like they were right about Obamacare all along.

November 2014 is when the cancellation notices start going out for 93 million Americans. Just in time for the election. Even if this bill becomes law...that fact won't change. No mater what the rats do, it all comes back upon them-they passed a 3000 page law without reading it. They own everything in it!

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 09:46:53 PM »
I like this bill. It puts the ball in the democrat court.

If Reid kills it in the senate, than its the fault of the rats. If it passes and Obama kills it with a veto, then the pain is all on him. If it becomes law, the GOP looks like they were right about Obamacare all along.

November 2014 is when the cancellation notices start going out for 93 million Americans. Just in time for the election. Even if this bill becomes law...that fact won't change. No mater what the rats do, it all comes back upon them-they passed a 3000 page law without reading it. They own everything in it!

I bet the cancelation notices start getting mailed out the day after the election.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 10:54:55 PM »
I bet the cancelation notices start getting mailed out the day after the election.
If that were the case, why would Obama veto it?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 11:52:08 PM »
True, coach.

But Pelosi's district is so solidly blue she could publicly fellate Reagan's corpse in the middle of the Castro and still get 80 percent of the vote.

Probably get a few volunteers to assist her in the job as well... :puke:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 05:01:14 AM »
My fear is that Reid will strip the wording of this bill...put the wording from the Landrieu proposal in...pass it and send it back to the House.

Then the Republicans are in a trap of their own making on how to vote on this.

They shouldn't have even considered the Upton bill in the first place.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 07:21:03 AM »
My fear is that Reid will strip the wording of this bill...put the wording from the Landrieu proposal in...pass it and send it back to the House.

Then the Republicans are in a trap of their own making on how to vote on this.

They shouldn't have even considered the Upton bill in the first place.

Then we have to hope that Crybaby Boehner and the rest of the RINOs have the stones to put the original language BACK.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 11:23:56 AM »
Then we have to hope that Crybaby Boehner and the rest of the RINOs have the stones to put the original language BACK.

IRRC at that point they'd have to vote the measure down and that would play right into the Dems hands because then they would campaign for the next year on the fact that the Republicans killed the chance for you to get your old healthcare plan back.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 12:06:23 PM »

Actually it is really odd because I watched the whole debate on CSPAN yesterday, yes I was very bored, and she railed against it several times.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Dori

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 12:32:35 PM »
Actually it is really odd because I watched the whole debate on CSPAN yesterday, yes I was very bored, and she railed against it several times.

Apparently NHSparky refers to his Rep as Pelosi.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 04:42:57 PM »
If that were the case, why would Obama veto it?

Because he can't be seen signing a bill that the repukes passed.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 05:35:35 PM »
IRRC at that point they'd have to vote the measure down and that would play right into the Dems hands because then they would campaign for the next year on the fact that the Republicans killed the chance for you to get your old healthcare plan back.

TRG--the House would then either have the option to put their language back or pass what the Senate sent them back via reconciliation.

If the GOP has one sack or brain cell among them, they'll go back to the original language.

If they know what's good for them they will, anyway.