Author Topic: It's over! Hilary is conceding today..  (Read 5479 times)

Offline Lauri

It's over! Hilary is conceding today..
« on: June 03, 2008, 10:20:42 AM »
and now Obama is ours...  :evillaugh:

i just caught a bit of FOX this morning where the anchor said to the Clinton Campaign Gal: "ya know, YOU keep saying the math is different. everybody else gets different math... you look pretty cheerful but your heart must be breaking."

i loved that part.  :-)

apparently there is a huge contingent of reporters outside the Clinton's home in New York.

and dammit i have a life going on today..  :popcorn:

Offline Lord Undies

Re: It's over! Hilary is conceding today..
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 10:22:30 AM »
Norma Desmond will not come out of the mansion.  Madam is not ready for her close-up.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 10:25:43 AM »

seeing a clinton admit defeat will be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. :evillaugh:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 10:39:08 AM »
Norma Desmond will not come out of the mansion.  Madam is not ready for her close-up.

do you think there will be gunfire?  :lmao:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 10:40:06 AM »

i know FOX will replay it for the next week but I sure want to see it live... Obama must be peeing his panties about now..  :hyper:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 10:43:30 AM »
Clinton won't concede nomination Tues. night, campaign says

Last update: 11:34 a.m. EDT June 3, 2008

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton won't concede the nomination for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination Tuesday night, her campaign said Tuesday. In a two-sentence email to reporters, the campaign said an Associated Press story about Clinton's intentions is wrong. "The AP story is incorrect. Senator Clinton will not concede the nomination this evening," a campaign statement said.

link

don't you hate people that say "goodbye", and then don't leave? :-)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 10:45:26 AM »
Think she'll be asked to be VP?  I don't.

If that's the case, I wonder just how strongly she'll endorse BHO?  She'll do her little speech at the Dem convention, but I highly doubt she'll stump for him.  Wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't try and undermine him.  She's not getting any younger and 2012 is a lot closer than 2016.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 10:56:09 AM »

As great as that is, I'd rather see her keep on going to the convention and cause a meltdown there (that may happen anyway, but it's not looking to be as likely now).

Now we'll be getting two months worth of Obamamania, halo pictures and magazine covers, and puff pieces. On the other hand, we'll see cries of racism from the zombamies at anyone who even looks at him wrong, much more focus on McCain, who won't even go after Obama, and more fine examples of why the republicans were voted out on 2006 with the trend continuing in November (i.e. voting for liberal bills, interested only in staying in power, earmarks, pork, etc.)

Obama will most likely lose, but I just hope the republicans get off their rumps soon and take advantage of this blindingly bright, golden opportunity here. The last thing this country needs right now is Carter 2.0.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 11:02:54 AM »
In this racist   :whatever:  nation .... when will the DUmmies realize they PICKED THE WRONG CANDIDATE?!   :rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 11:06:13 AM »
Think she'll be asked to be VP?  I don't.

If that's the case, I wonder just how strongly she'll endorse BHO?  She'll do her little speech at the Dem convention, but I highly doubt she'll stump for him.  Wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't try and undermine him.  She's not getting any younger and 2012 is a lot closer than 2016.

if it's up to him, there's not a snowball's chance in hell.  why would you want the media obsessed, semi psychotic
clintons hanging around in a hypothetical obama administration?  if it's up to her, well, do you go back to the senate,
where every one of your senate colleagues endorsed the other guy?  and while she certainly doesn't want to be VP
for what could turn out to be 8 years, she may want to be VP nominee, where she could sabotage him in the general
election, thus clearing the deck for her to make another run on 2012?

and if it's up to the party, you are almost desperate for him to pick her as his running mate, or run the risk of alienating
(what the MSM derides as) the "white working class", seniors, and women.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 11:30:08 AM »

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton won't concede the nomination for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination Tuesday night, her campaign said Tuesday. In a two-sentence email to reporters, the campaign said an Associated Press story about Clinton's intentions is wrong. "The AP story is incorrect. Senator Clinton will not concede the nomination this evening," a campaign statement said.

link

That's my girl.   Bloodbath on the DNC convention floor -- anything short of that will be bitterly disappointing.  I want this party so viciously divided that McCain can phone it in to win. 

Hillary Clinton concede to "that" man?   N-E-V-E-R.   The mud is coming soon enough. 

:popcorn:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 11:36:24 AM »

link

That's my girl.   Bloodbath on the DNC convention floor -- anything short of that will be bitterly disappointing.  I want this party so viciously divided that McCain can phone it in to win. 

Hillary Clinton concede to "that" man?   N-E-V-E-R.   The mud is coming soon enough. 

:popcorn:
Heh, quite the spot she's in now.  Playing second fiddle to BO??  Only when if it's up to her.  If she does run as veep, they'll win, and he'll run again in 4 years.  OTOH, if she sits this one out, McCain will win.

Either way, she loses.   :cheersmate:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jendf

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 11:45:03 AM »

link

I don't want her to concede. Like others, I want to see bloodshed and wailing and gnashing of teeth in Denver on August 28th.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 11:47:08 AM »

link

I don't want her to concede. Like others, I want to see bloodshed and wailing and gnashing of teeth in Denver on August 28th.

you will probably have to go to coors field for that one. :-) :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 11:52:03 AM »

link

Why, are they playing the Cubs that day?   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 11:55:53 AM »

link

Why, are they playing the Cubs that day?   :-)

:bird:

:-)

Offline jendf

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 11:57:57 AM »

Heh. Didn't think about that.  :tongue:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 12:14:10 PM »

link

dammit! i cut short my breakfast meeting for that??? :-)

Offline Lauri

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 12:15:33 PM »
Think she'll be asked to be VP?  I don't.

If that's the case, I wonder just how strongly she'll endorse BHO?  She'll do her little speech at the Dem convention, but I highly doubt she'll stump for him.  Wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't try and undermine him.  She's not getting any younger and 2012 is a lot closer than 2016.

i think her backup plan is to undercut him every chance she gets til November - and then come back again in 2012. she feels she has a mandate this year... she will be back.  :popcorn:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 12:16:34 PM »

link

yeah, she is a total tease, isn't she?

Offline Lauri

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 12:17:34 PM »

As great as that is, I'd rather see her keep on going to the convention and cause a meltdown there (that may happen anyway, but it's not looking to be as likely now).

Now we'll be getting two months worth of Obamamania, halo pictures and magazine covers, and puff pieces. On the other hand, we'll see cries of racism from the zombamies at anyone who even looks at him wrong, much more focus on McCain, who won't even go after Obama, and more fine examples of why the republicans were voted out on 2006 with the trend continuing in November (i.e. voting for liberal bills, interested only in staying in power, earmarks, pork, etc.)

Obama will most likely lose, but I just hope the republicans get off their rumps soon and take advantage of this blindingly bright, golden opportunity here. The last thing this country needs right now is Carter 2.0.

i agree with all that you said, other than McCain not taking any shots at Obama... he definitely has in the past few weeks. He called Obama a whiner and shot down his opinions on Iraq; McCain has let virtually nothing slide by, but he keeps it focused on the Barackstars!! political opinions, and nothing personal. I can live with that.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »

link

that campaign gal of hers on FOX this morning sure looked happy - or delusional, i couldnt tell.

i'm with everyone else who wants her to keep going - just rip it to shreds Hil! :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 12:20:41 PM »
Clinton set to concede delegate race to Obama

WASHINGTON (AP) - Hillary Rodham Clinton will concede Tuesday night that Barack Obama has the delegates to secure the Democratic nomination, campaign officials said, effectively ending her bid to be the nation's first female president.

Obama is 37.5 delegates shy of clinching the nomination, but he is widely expected to make up the difference Tuesday with superdelegate support and votes in South Dakota and Montana. Once he reaches the magic number of 2,118, Clinton will acknowledge that he has secured the necessary delegates to be the nominee.

The former first lady will stop short of formally suspending or ending her race in her speech in New York City.

She will pledge to continue to speak out on issues like health care. But for all intents and purposes, the two senior officials said, the campaign is over.

Most campaign staff will be let go and will be paid through June 15, said the officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to divulge her plans.

The advisers said Clinton has made a strategic decision to not formally end her campaign, giving her leverage to negotiate with Obama on various matters including a possible vice presidential nomination for her. She also wants to press him on issues he should focus on in the fall, such as health care.

So she's gonna quit before she doesn't quit.  She's been hangin' out with $kerry again.   :mental:

Looks like the article saying she not going to concede is just more Clintoon doulble talk.   :whatever:

MORE

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 12:27:50 PM »
i agree with all that you said, other than McCain not taking any shots at Obama... he definitely has in the past few weeks. He called Obama a whiner and shot down his opinions on Iraq; McCain has let virtually nothing slide by, but he keeps it focused on the Barackstars!! political opinions, and nothing personal. I can live with that.
When it comes to the war, that is true, but on domestic policy issues (taxes, health care, the fact that Obama is a full blown Marxist, etc.), I'm a bit more skeptical.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 12:28:50 PM »

link

that campaign gal of hers on FOX this morning sure looked happy - or delusional, i couldnt tell.

i'm with everyone else who wants her to keep going - just rip it to shreds Hil! :-)

I am sure they are all whacked out on zoloft, buy now, dontcha think?