Author Topic: U.S. yanks support for Syrian opposition group...  (Read 1196 times)

Offline CG6468

U.S. yanks support for Syrian opposition group...
« on: November 01, 2012, 12:45:06 PM »
ZAGREB, Croatia — The Obama administration on Wednesday renounced the proclaimed leaders of the Syrian political opposition and said any group seeking to oust President Bashar al-Assad must reject attempts by extremists to “hijack” a legitimate revolution.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said the Syrian National Council, or SNC, should no longer be considered the “visible leader” of the opposition. That made official what has been the increasingly obvious sidelining of an opposition group led mostly by middle-age Syrian expatriates.

“This cannot be an opposition represented by people who have many good attributes but have in many instances not been inside Syria for 20, 30 or 40 years,” Clinton said during a five-nation Balkans tour. “There has to be a representation of those who are on the front lines fighting and dying today.”

The United States has no direct power to anoint the would-be new leaders of Syria, but U.S. backing will be essential for any hopefuls seeking outside financial, diplomatic or possible military assistance. The United States is supporting new opposition leaders who will attend a strategy session in Qatar next week, Clinton said.

Dems are either incredibly naive or extremely ignorant about islamic extremists. Or they could just be blinded by their hatred of Jews.

Dems just discovered things about terrorism?????
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:48:57 AM by Chris »
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: U.S. yanks support for Syrian opposition group...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »
Dems are either incredibly naive or extremely ignorant about islamic extremists. Or they could just be blinded by their hatred of Jews.

Dems just discovered things about terrorism?????

Yes.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 12:59:57 PM »
But Obama will continue to support the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt which is where the bigger threat to Israel comes from.  Not counting Iran getting a nuke, of course.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:29:32 AM »
This is only until after the election. Then it's back to normal.

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 11:58:54 AM »
Does anyone even know what this Administration's foreign policy is?
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 12:08:20 PM »
Does anyone even know what this Administration's foreign policy is?

Umm, Ambassadors are expendable and we apologize for all those nasty individual rights we enshrine (that y'all hate so much)?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 01:35:12 PM »
Umm, Ambassadors are expendable and we apologize for all those nasty individual rights we enshrine (that y'all hate so much)?

You forgot "Sorry, my bad".