Author Topic: John Edwards jury reaches a verdict in federal corruption trial  (Read 4564 times)

Offline Boojatta

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
Re: John Edwards jury reaches a verdict in federal corruption trial
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »
Yeah, that is a given. He is just another liberal who got caught, and then set free because he wasn't a Republican.

Vice President Cheney's top aide, Libby was found guilty of lying about his role in the leak of Plame's identity, two counts of perjury, one count of making false statements and one count of obstruction of justice on March 6, 2007. He was acquitted of a single count of lying to the FBI. On July 2, President Bush commuted Libby's sentence
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/plame/Plame_KeyPlayers.html

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 08:41:38 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/plame/Plame_KeyPlayers.html

Valerie and her husband were on the cover of Vanity fair. They outed themselves. They are the ones who should be in prison. If you were an undercover agent, why would you risk your status by having the gargantuan ego to get on the cover of a major magazine ? It showed about as much judgement lapse as the secret service not paying off hookers.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 04:12:42 PM »
Updated: Justice Dept. dropping charges against Silky Pony.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/no-retrial-john-edwards-justice-department-says-202418229.html

The Justice Department announced Wednesday it will give up its criminal case against former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards.

In May, a deadlocked North Carolina federal jury found Edwards not guilty of one charge of accepting illegal campaign donations. The group couldn't reach a decision on five other felony charges, including one alleging that Edwards knowingly used $1 million in secret campaign donations from wealthy donors to support his mistress. Edwards could have faced 30 years in prison if convicted.

Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer said in a statement that the Justice Department put forward its best case. "The jurors could not reach a unanimous verdict on five of the six counts of the indictment, however, and we respect their judgment. In the interest of justice, we have decided not to retry Mr. Edwards on those counts."
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 04:37:11 PM »
FML.

May this sorry bastard rot in hell for all eternity for the pain he's caused. Ambulance-chasin', mouth-breathing, dick-chasing, piece of shit-stained biological accident.  :mad:   :argh:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 06:09:20 PM »
The DOJ is stopping the pursuit because he is a liberal. Bull Shit.

Offline Boojatta

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 09:10:17 PM »
May this sorry bastard rot in hell for all eternity for the pain he's caused.
Do you have in mind pain suffered by people who donate a lot of money to Democratic Party candidates?

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 09:20:34 PM »
Do you have in mind pain suffered by people who donate a lot of money to Democratic Party candidates?

Do you have in mind the pain suffered by the folkes in Edwards inner circle?

Do you think that Edwards is worthy of being defended?

I hope so, I'd like to see how you would defend this lizard.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Boojatta

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 09:28:42 PM »
Do you think that Edwards is worthy of being defended?
No, I was simply curious about what you actually feel.  The sooner you identify wrongdoing by a Dem, and the wider you spread your message, the more help you are to Dems.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2012, 09:35:55 PM »
Let me turn this around on you...

What do you think?

Are you OK with Edwards?

You seem to be so smart but you got nothing to say.

Where are you at, you are the DUmbass that asked the question.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline Boojatta

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »
Let me turn this around on you...

What do you think?

Are you OK with Edwards?
Edwards is a phony.  I think that some right-wing televangelists have been phony in a very similar way.  So whatever is learned from studying Edwards might, in the long run, help the right. 

If you don't want to think about the long run, that's okay.  Focus on Edwards.  He's a Dem and he's a phony.  Identify other such Dem phonies.  That would be a public service, and also a service to the Democratic Party.  In the short term, it might be bad for Democratic PR, but in the long run it's good for the Democratic Party.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2012, 10:27:51 PM »
Look DUmbass, I didn't focus on Edwards ...

Just out of curiosity, how many right wing televangelists do you think we have running for president?

Can you name even one?
- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2012, 10:45:40 PM »

Didn't even cross my mind. The only thing that did was how the ****stick gamed the system and managed to beat it. But that's what ambulance chasers do.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2012, 02:58:51 AM »
Didn't even cross my mind. The only thing that did was how the ****stick gamed the system and managed to beat it. But that's what ambulance chasers do.

I'm not so sure that the prosecution team didn't have members who were sympathetic to Edwards, and purposely mounted an incompetent prosecution.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2012, 07:59:44 AM »
Edwards is a phony.  I think that some right-wing televangelists have been phony in a very similar way.  So whatever is learned from studying Edwards might, in the long run, help the right. 

If you don't want to think about the long run, that's okay.  Focus on Edwards.  He's a Dem and he's a phony.  Identify other such Dem phonies.  That would be a public service, and also a service to the Democratic Party.  In the short term, it might be bad for Democratic PR, but in the long run it's good for the Democratic Party.

Which "right-wing televangelists" might you be speaking of, dear boy?  Falwell's dead.  Most of the others were apolitical, aside from Fred Phelps and his little clan of shit-filled meatsacks, and they're DEMOCRATS.

Edwards is worse than a phony--he's evil.  Yeah, evil.  He created a child out of wedlock with a skank while his wife was with terminal cancer, and paid out of donated funds to keep it quiet (sounds awfully familiar too, who was that guy...oh yeah--Jesse Jackson!)  His at best frivolous lawsuits where he "channels" kids served no purpose other than to enrich himself.  It created a void in the medical community where doctors were driven from their practices in droves because they simply couldn't afford the skyrocketing insurance rates, thanks to Edwards and others of his ilk.  Hint: Think of the, "Have you taken XXXXX?" SUE SOMEONE!" commercials inundating our airwaves.

Want more?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford