Author Topic: Global Sell-Off Underway: New Questions Facing the Markets  (Read 5478 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Global Sell-Off Underway: New Questions Facing the Markets
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 11:21:14 AM »
The U-6 unemployment rate as of this morning is 16.1 percent.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2011, 01:56:16 PM »
Up 170, down 160, now up 80...

Reminds me of the radar operator in Airplane!..."Guy's at 1100 feet, 900, now 1360, he's all over the place...what an asshole!"
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 07:02:52 AM »
Monday DJIA futures down over 200 with 90 minutes prior to market open.

Remember kids, it's down the road, not across the street.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 11:31:42 AM »
As of 12:30 EDT:

DJIA down 327, NASDAQ down 99, S&P down 45.  Asian markets down between 2 and 4 percent.  European markets down 3 to 5 percent.

Gotta love it.  On the bright side oil is down $3.50/bbl, and gold is up over $1700/oz (good if you invested a year ago, anyway.)

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 11:52:11 AM »
As of 12:30 EDT:

DJIA down 327, NASDAQ down 99, S&P down 45.  Asian markets down between 2 and 4 percent.  European markets down 3 to 5 percent.

Gotta love it.  On the bright side oil is down $3.50/bbl, and gold is up over $1700/oz (good if you invested a year ago, anyway.)

Gotta hand it to Obama, he is effective.  This is exactly what he and Michelle "I hate America" Obama wanted when they took office.  I think it's time Obama hang a "Mission Accomplished" sign on the NYSE trading floor.  After all, he did set out to destroy what was left of American supremecy.  Why can't the Marxist at least take credit for acheiving two major milestones in his first term; 1) setting the stage for an unconstitutional single payer health care system and placing huge health care costs on businesses, and 2) killing off private investment and jobs.

Does the Navy still hang traitors from yardarms?

If only we could find some Republicans this effective at cleaning this mess up in 2012.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 03:50:23 PM »
True to form, he gives a speech and the market tanks.  It was a really bad idea for him to wait until midday today to give a speech on the downgrade, instead of doing it over the weekend.  But no-o-o, he had to go and use his Touch of Death on it with a speech.

:whatever:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 05:34:25 PM »
Unbelievable the stock market dropped. Not surprised thought.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline true_blood

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2011, 08:06:38 PM »
Gotta hand it to Obama, he is effective.  This is exactly what he and Michelle "I hate America" Obama wanted when they took office.  I think it's time Obama hang a "Mission Accomplished" sign on the NYSE trading floor.  After all, he did set out to destroy what was left of American supremecy.  Why can't the Marxist at least take credit for acheiving two major milestones in his first term; 1) setting the stage for an unconstitutional single payer health care system and placing huge health care costs on businesses, and 2) killing off private investment and jobs.
Does the Navy still hang traitors from yardarms?
If only we could find some Republicans this effective at cleaning this mess up in 2012.
Very well played. It is sickening the imposter gets away with it. People lost money today in the stock market, while someone, *cough* SOROS *cough* made some BIG money today betting against America. The same person that put that imposter schmuck in office.
What has the imposter done for America since he's taken office? Nothing positive that I can think of.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »
Very well played. It is sickening the imposter gets away with it. People lost money today in the stock market, while someone, *cough* SOROS *cough* made some BIG money today betting against America. The same person that put that imposter schmuck in office.
What has the imposter done for America since he's taken office? Nothing positive that I can think of.

Hell, even the Gov't service unions could be turned against 0bama if they figured out how much of a hit FERS and TSP took today.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 06:00:47 AM »
Hell, even the Gov't service unions could be turned against 0bama if they figured out how much of a hit FERS and TSP took today.

Not likely.  Even despite the fact SEIU pension fund is only funded to 60 percent of current liabilities, they'll be the good little sheeple.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 03:01:56 PM »
Not likely.  Even despite the fact SEIU pension fund is only funded to 60 percent of current liabilities, they'll be the good little sheeple.

Yeah, I know, pipe dream... might make individual members think twice as they're stepping in the booth tho

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 04:09:03 PM »
Yeah, I know, pipe dream... might make individual members think twice as they're stepping in the booth tho

Or, just about as good - maybe they'll just stay home.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 09:59:12 AM »
And by 90 minutes after the opening bell today, the DJIA gave back almost all of the 400-plus points it gained yesterday.

Welcome to the Oconomy.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2011, 08:09:37 PM »
Dow down over 500 points again today.
But,....don't worry. The Obozo said that things are getting better and it's going to take some time.
Lies, lies and more lies.