Author Topic: Report: Stabenow's husband paid prostitute in sting  (Read 5265 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Report: Stabenow's husband paid prostitute in sting
« on: April 02, 2008, 11:48:56 AM »
Report: Stabenow's husband paid prostitute in sting

By KORIE WILKINS AND TODD SPANGLER • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS • April 2, 2008

Thomas Athans, the husband of U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow and cofounder of a liberal talk radio network, told Troy police detectives that he paid a prostitute $150 for sex at a Troy hotel in late February, according to a police report obtained Wednesday by the Free Press under the Freedom of Information Act.
Advertisement

Athans, 46, was not arrested or charged, but agreed to fully cooperate with police in their investigation of Internet-based prostitution at hotels in the city, according to the report. Athans was pulled over by police on I-75 minutes after leaving the Residence Inn on Livernois, just east of I-75 and south of Big Beaver, the evening of Feb. 26. He was driving a Cadillac DeVille registered jointly to him and Stabenow at their address in Lansing.

He was ticketed for driving on a suspended license. When questioned during the stop, he acknowledged he had been at the hotel with a woman he met on the Internet. On further questioning, he acknowledged he had paid the woman $150 for sex.

Link

And another Democrat gets caught. 

If his name looks familiar to any of you,  then you know this piece of work used to work for Air America.   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Taxman

Re: Report: Stabenow's husband paid prostitute in sting
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 12:22:01 PM »
If anyone has ever seen Debbie Slabofcow they would fully understand why her husband got a hooker. 

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 12:40:24 PM »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 01:59:42 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Taxman

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 02:09:50 PM »
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&rls=GWYE,GWYE:2006-38,GWYE:en&pwst=1&resnum=0&q=debbie+stabenow&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

She's not hideously deformed or anything.

Although I think this picture is hilarious

I have seen her up close and personal and she is not exactly attractive either.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 02:12:11 PM »
But...but...but...I thought only Republicans had stuff like this happen to them?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 03:50:47 PM »
If anyone has ever seen Debbie Slabofcow they would fully understand why her husband got a hooker. 

he wasn't getting enough stabbin' now, or anytime?

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 05:18:15 PM »

I'm sure she'll be a good little obedient Democrat wife and "Stand By Her Man"! Politics and hanging on to power is MUCH more important that personal relationships don't you see?  :-)

Maybe she could consult with Hillary on what to do?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 06:40:54 PM »

I'm sure she'll be a good little obedient Democrat wife and "Stand By Her Man"! Politics and hanging on to power is MUCH more important that personal relationships don't you see?  :-)

That is none of your buisness
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 07:53:17 PM »

That is none of your business.

:rotf:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 08:28:57 PM »

I guess he;ll just have to hope for a little stabbin' later.

Offline Wretched Excess

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 09:06:06 PM »
Mr. Stabenow's whore is slightly less unattractive than Spitzer's whore.

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/04/busted-another-democrat-caught-in.html

Still wouldn't pay for it....  :whatever:

edit: damn! beaten! :-)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 09:49:44 AM »
Oh yeah :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 10:10:49 AM »
Oh yeah :-)

He has to be given credit for shopping in the bargain basement though!  Lots cheaper than $4,500.... :-)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 12:55:58 PM »
This all happened down the street from my house  :o

So now we know where Vonne goes on the weekend.  LOL. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 01:44:48 PM »
But...but...but...I thought only Republicans had stuff like this happen to them?

No, no, no! Don't you know Republicans only get caught in GAY sex scandals (or having too wide of a stance in a bathroom stall...as a woman, prior to this incident I didn't know there were "standing" protocols in mens rooms). And it's not really a scandal when Dems do it. Heck, the "new and improved" governor of New York did babes and drugs and he's a peach. The former governor resigns and he's old news...no reason belaboring it day after day after day...the press would just NEVER do anything like that.

Still, I have to wonder, if these people are SO progressive, their wives so much more open-minded why is it THEIR husbands always looking outside their marriage for adventure?

Cindie

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 10:07:08 PM »
Okay, after hearing more about this today, along with an underground strip club being raided...

I'm a bit disturbed, that the police officers focused on arresting the poor prostitute, while letting the millionaire senator's spouse off.   :mental:   :whatever:

I wonder if the good senator's phone rang at 3 in the morning. :evillaugh:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 05:56:49 PM »
even FOX news never did identify either of the people involved as Dems...  :whatever: