Author Topic: Supreme Court to hear Arizona immigration law challenge  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Supreme Court to hear Arizona immigration law challenge
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 11:43:03 AM »
The same place that gives them the right to demand every citizen have a SS number.

Kinda apples 'n oranges, seems to me.

SS numbers are applicable to social security, that pantheon of liberal virtue as espoused by FDR.

But a National ID isn't tied to any kind of social welfare program that I'm aware of....

...Yet.

But I'm well aware that Obama, Pelosi et. al. are chomping at the bit to enact yet more legislation for yet more federal control in our lives.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 12:13:59 PM »
Barry, Reid, and PeloNazi, want nothing to do with national ID. They're afraid it would effect the number of demonRat votes they can illegally cast.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 12:26:03 PM »
Barry, Reid, and PeloNazi, want nothing to do with national ID. They're afraid it would effect the number of demonRat votes they can illegally cast.

Yep. Any push by the Dems for a national ID would include a push to make it a voter ID a requirement.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 12:41:22 PM »
Yep. Any push by the Dems for a national ID would include a push to make it a voter ID a requirement.

Every time a state tries to make voter ID a requirement, they're immediately attacked and sued by the left to knock it down! I think Arkansas was the last one.

Offline ConservativeMobster

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »
We agree Eupher,  I said it would be BS.

Hmm. I'm not getting the connection because you said, "Sounds like a good case for National ID's."

I'm jumbling my comments I reckon.  Perhaps I should have placed that comment after the "devil's advocate"? I am against National ID's, especially when pushed by the Feds.  The louder they scream for it the more I cringe. The argument for ID's is better security but we all agree (here at least, so far) that it's a scam of sorts.  Right? 
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 01:22:18 PM »
Every time a state tries to make voter ID a requirement, they're immediately attacked and sued by the left to knock it down! I think Arkansas was the last one.

Actually, it was Georgia.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 01:22:35 PM »
I'm jumbling my comments I reckon.  Perhaps I should have placed that comment after the "devil's advocate"? I am against National ID's, especially when pushed by the Feds.  The louder they scream for it the more I cringe. The argument for ID's is better security but we all agree (here at least, so far) that it's a scam of sorts.  Right? 

Other than voter ID, it's a step toward Big Brother collecting info on law abiding citizens.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 01:29:56 PM »
Actually, it was Georgia.

I knew it was a southern state. Haven't heard, did they find it "unconstitutional" as usual?

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 01:42:06 PM »
Voter ID has just passed in our Senate, closer than we've been I believe.

State senators approve bill on photo ID requirement
Associated Press
Friday, January 29, 2010

3 Comment(s)

COLUMBIA — Legislators have approved a compromise on a bill requiring South Carolina voters to show photo IDs before they cast a ballot.

Senators voted 36-2 on Thursday, ending two days of contentious debate. The bill requires another vote before returning to the House.

The compromise allows 15 days of early voting before an election without an excuse. It says voters can continue to vote absentee within a month of an election by giving an excuse for not being able to vote on Election Day, such as working or being on vacation. The law would not take effect this year.

Senate Democrats had been blocking the legislation with more than 1,000 amendments. Senators hadn't gotten past the first during the filibuster that started Wednesday afternoon.

I think it's safe to say that in the precinct where I worked in our recent primaries that at least 2/3 of the voters used a DL rather than a voter registration card.  Would save a lot of paper and mailing fees to just get rid of those cards.....GO GREEN!  USE YOUR ALREADY PAID FOR, HARD TO DUPLICATE DRIVERS LICENSE!  CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN!
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 02:06:33 PM »

Yup. It's just another tool for the gummint to encroach upon our lives. We've already got access to a Passport (note to self: it expires next May), a driver license (state level); state ID (for those who don't drive); CCW permit (for those who believe in the 2nd Amendment), not to mention all the IDs we have to show to get a job anymore. Mrs. E had to show a physical SS card recently in getting her job - just quoting her number wasn't enough.

Thanks, illegals, for mucking up my life.  :censored:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 02:54:20 PM »
I've been with same employer for over 10 years and just recently had to produce my SS card AGAIN and allow them to copy my marriage license for proof of eligibility to cover hubs on my insurance, the same ins we've been with for those 10 years.  Thanks Obamacare, 

:jacked2: sorry.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 03:36:06 PM »
I knew it was a southern state. Haven't heard, did they find it "unconstitutional" as usual?

Last I heard, and our friends in GA can answer this better, but I believe it's still held up, so they can't ask for ID as yet.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2010, 05:14:54 AM »
Didn't the SCOTUS uphold an Indiana law for voter ID years ago?  What's changed that would be more than a rubberstamp upholding of a similar law in another state?

Offline bkg

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2010, 09:48:58 AM »
WI just passed an ID requirement.

We'll have to see if it ends up challenged. I, for the life of me, can't figure out why it would be deemed a COTUS violation.