Author Topic: Stunner: Scared Mass. Dems Plot to Delay GOP Victory In Teddy's Seat  (Read 2299 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant

As Republican Scott Brown’s campaign warms up to take Ted Kennedy’s Senate seat in Massachusetts, Frank Quaratiello of the Boston Herald is reporting something shocking: if Brown wins, Massachusetts Democrats may drag out his certification as the victor to enable appointed Sen. Paul Kirk (the former DNC chairman) to put ObamaCare over the top.

"We want to get this resolved before President Obama’s State of the Union address in early to mid-February," Kirk told reporters at a Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce breakfast...

"Absolutely," Kirk said, when asked if he’d vote for the bill, even if Brown captures the seat. "It would be my responsibility as United States senator, representing the people and understanding Senator Kennedy’s agenda. . . . I think you’re asking me a hypothetical question but I’d be pleased to vote for the bill."

After all the rule-bending shenanigans of the Massachusetts Democrats, leaving a dying Kennedy in office, and then ramrodding Kirk's appointment to the Senate to help ObamaCare, now they're desperate enough to ignore the people's vote?

It's one thing to immediately swear in Democrats, claiming a public mandate, as House Speaker Pelosi did in the Scozzafava and Garamendi special elections last year. It's another scandal entirely to delay a swearing-in -- telling the people that their elected choice shall not be allowed to represent their most current wishes. Will the national media notice? It certainly has national ramifications. The Herald story elaborated:

Few have considered the Jan. 19 election as key to the fate of national health-care reform because both Kirk and front-runner state Attorney General Martha Coakley, the Democratic nominee, have vowed to uphold Kennedy’s legacy and support health-care reform.

But if Brown wins, the entire national health-care reform debate may hinge of when he takes over as senator. Brown has vowed to be the crucial 41st vote in the Senate that would block the bill.

The U.S. Senate ultimately will schedule the swearing-in of Kirk’s successor, but not until the state certifies the election.

Today, a spokesman for Secretary of the Commonwealth William Galvin William Galvin, who is overseeing the election but did not respond to a call seeking comment, said certification of the Jan. 19 election by the Governor’s Council would take a while.

"Because it’s a federal election," spokesman Brian McNiff said. "We’d have to wait 10 days for absentee and military ballots to come in."

Another source told the Herald that Galvin’s office has said the election won’t be certified until Feb. 20 - well after the president’s address.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2010/01/09/stunner-scared-mass-dems-plot-delay-gop-victory-teddy-seat-until-obamaca

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2010/01/09/stunner-scared-mass-dems-plot-delay-gop-victory-teddy-seat-until-obamaca#ixzz0c7c33Sjk
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Stunner: Scared Mass. Dems Plot to Delay GOP Victory In Teddy's Seat
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 07:35:59 AM »
First things first--Brown has to win.

That being said, if the Dems on Beacon Hill DO in fact try to drag it out, the backlash would be national in scope.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 07:39:25 AM »

That being said, if the Dems on Beacon Hill DO in fact try to drag it out, the backlash would be national in scope.

Assuming the MSM decides to say anything about it.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 07:48:16 AM »
Assuming the MSM decides to say anything about it.

They won't have a choice.  They don't hold a monopoly on information any longer.  I mean, judging by their ratings and revenue, they really don't give a shit if they become irrelevant or not, but that's their problem.

Bascially, yeah, they can ignore it, but they do so at their own peril.  You can bet other outlets (FNC, blogosphere) will be picking up on it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 08:27:38 AM »
Stunning? What's so stunning about it? Now, seriously discussing the possibility of a less than Mo-o-o-oderate R winning Teddy's Senate seat? That's STUNNING!!!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 09:32:38 AM »
The democrats consistently demonstrate their problems with democracy.
These people do not honor freedom, or the will of the people.

Today's democratic party is a tyranny in the making.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 01:56:42 PM »

I would have said that 30 years ago.  Today, their plans are more grand that that.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 03:31:29 PM »
How much you wanna bet that Jim DeMint will have the entire bill read, then?  That should slow the rush to pass down . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 04:00:29 PM »

Oh I agree. 

Honestly, this is a great boost to Scott's campaign.   People who weren't paying attention before, are paying attention now. 

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 04:01:05 PM »
How much you wanna bet that Jim DeMint will have the entire bill read, then?  That should slow the rush to pass down . . .

I hope so.

Offline Oceander

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
The democrats consistently demonstrate their problems with democracy.
These people do not honor freedom, or the will of the people.

Indeed.  And they are about to put the "final solution" (historical allusions intended) into motion - universal voter registration by means of wholesale importation of every public record onto the voting rolls - plenty of fodder for Democrat-controlled election fraud, plus illegals, plus absentee ballot manipulation, and bingo!  a de-facto coup and seizure of power by the Democrat Communist Party and we will have a Hugo-Chavez style dictatorship before we can say "stop!"  All of the sane, reasonable, moderate, middle-of-the-road Venezuelans all insisted that "it couldn't happen here" and before they knew it, it had happened, without Chavez having to fire a single shot.  That, in a nutshell, is what the triumvirate of Obama/Reid/Pelosi is seeking to accomplish in this country.

Don't say it can't happen here - that's what the Venezuelans said, too - it can, and it will.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 12:25:41 PM »
Just heard on Rush:  According to Massachusetts law, if Brown wins, Paul Kirk is no longer a Senator!  His appointment is for as long as it takes to ELECT a replacement....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Oceander

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 12:33:40 PM »
I hope so.

Formerlurker, I saw the pic in your sig line and couldn't help adding a little "pizzazz" to it:

If you approve, please feel free to download it and use it as you see fit.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 12:35:31 PM »
Just heard on Rush:  According to Massachusetts law, if Brown wins, Paul Kirk is no longer a Senator!  His appointment is for as long as it takes to ELECT a replacement....

True, heard a Republican Senator on Fox this morning saying that if Brown wins, and MASS starts dragging their feet, they will file suit with a TRO, to assure that Kirk will not be allowed to cast a vote until the newly elected Senator is properly seated and sworn in.......

Karma's a bitch......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Oceander

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 12:36:43 PM »

Shazzam!  That's gotta hurt.  That would also explain why there is such a push on all fronts to "threaten" the various "alternatives" to properly passing the Obamacare abomination.

Offline bkg

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 12:40:03 PM »
True, heard a Republican Senator on Fox this morning saying that if Brown wins, and MASS starts dragging their feet, they will file suit with a TRO, to assure that Kirk will not be allowed to cast a vote until the newly elected Senator is properly seated and sworn in.......

Karma's a bitch......

doc

Never gonna happen, IMHO. After living through the Frankin crap, I don't see the dems losing this one.

1st - this will be tied up in court for at least 30 days.
2nd - congress will appeal to Mass leaders to change their laws... and they will, unless it requires voter input.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 01:01:13 PM »
Never gonna happen, IMHO. After living through the Frankin crap, I don't see the dems losing this one.

1st - this will be tied up in court for at least 30 days.
2nd - congress will appeal to Mass leaders to change their laws... and they will, unless it requires voter input.

The bolded part was discussed in the same interview, and the consensus was that even the Mass legislature wouldn't have the chutzpah to try that after losing the senate seat to a  Republican.....they would really set themselves up for a bloodbath at the polls in November........

The comment was made that the MA Dems have a very thin "bench", and if the voters develop the mentality to "throw all the bastards out", the balance of power in the Mass legislature could be at risk for the Dems......

I'm still skeptical that Brown will win, cause the Dems will most certainly cheat.........but I'm not so sure that Dems elsewhere are not secretly "reading the handwriting on the wall" on HCR.........and if he wins, they will be far less likely to follow the leadership over the cliff.......

One can certainly hope......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.