Author Topic: Auschwitz 'Arbeit Macht Frei' Sign Stolen  (Read 10484 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Auschwitz 'Arbeit Macht Frei' Sign Stolen
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 07:17:11 PM »
sign found, n 3 pieces... men detained

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2411943/posts

Offline SVPete

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2009, 08:02:15 AM »
It seems I over-estimated the size and weight of the sign. The apparent perps were in their 20s and 30s ... doesn't sound like the theft was a beer-fueled college prank.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2009, 03:51:15 PM »
It's not only at Auschwitz and other Consentration Camps where the Nazi inhuman beasts plied their murderous trade. They turtured and killed Jews in their homes, in their synagagues, in the streets, in their hiding places, just for the fun of it. Whatever one has read, seen in movies, talked about with survivors, there's always more evil that occured in that hideous country then to learn about. NEVER AGAIN!!

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 08:24:41 PM »
STOCKHOLM, Sweden — Swedish authorities say a man wanted in Poland in connection with the theft of a famous sign at Auschwitz has been arrested in Stockholm.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/world/2010/02/11/12836931.html
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 05:35:18 PM »
NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 04:39:08 AM »
Pete I just don't understand any of this.  The books I have read, the movies I have seen, the parents of some of my class mates with the tattoos above their wrists, story's from family that were fresh on the scene when the camps were liberated, it just never could be real, that is until I foolishly visited the museum in DC.  I made it 3/4 of the way when I collapsed and had a panic attack.  I was fine until I got to the exhibit, the 3 tear bunk beds the prisoners slept on.  I reached out to touch the wood and almost instant nausea, so intense I had to sit down on the floor.

Hubby had problems with the walk through rail car, he in fact almost ran through it, later when I asked him why he acted this way all he could tell me was that small little box that had held over 100 lives gave him a feeling of familiarity. Like he had been there before.   

There was a woman a friend of my Moms that lived in town, she would come to the house and tell Mom what it was like for the Christian Germans as a child.  The suffering imposed on the civilians by the war machine was truly horrid. Little food, spending nights in cold cellars as we bombed the heck out of them. They had to direct their anger at someone and the government gave them scape goats. Now to make life even more interesting the German  people were more afraid of the government then they were of being bombed by us or England.   

This woman had lived outside a camp in Germany and would watch as humans were marched through town to the camps. These heavily guarded people Jew, Gypsy, Gay, Jehovah's Witnesses and Communists were starving.  Some of the town folk with little food themselves would pity the prisoners and throw them a crust of bread then run like heck as the guards would shoot them for that act.

Most of the towns folk threw rocks at these half dead people as they believed they were the reason for their suffering.  The people like any other kind of folk lived in fear of that knock on the door and have their 15 year old male children taken away to fight on the Russian front.

Yes the people could in fact smell the scent of the crematoriums at times. They knew, could tell days ahead of time when a new lot of prisoners would be brought in because the smell went on day and night-----to make room for more prisoners a certain number of prisoners would have to be killed.

Most wanted revenge on the prisoners that they believed had caused the loss of life of most of their family members, those left were themselves starving, cold and terrified.

In a way it confuses me more to know both sides of the story. The German people were as much a victim of the government as those who died in the camps were.  At least the people in the camps knew why the government was going to kill them, the civilians had no idea why their government also treated them so brutally.

So contradictory we are. We cheer for the people who escaped Europe before things got really nasty. We cry for those Good Germans that were 10 generation and loved their country and died for their patriotism. 

To ask a German family why their relatives stayed behind is asking for trouble.

Would you leave America because you felt the government was doing wrong.?

Their government was voted in like ours, they believed they could be voted out.  No sane person would believe what their government planned to do and in fact did.

Back then had there been bumper stickers they would have read, " Germany, love it or die."    or,  " Kids need fresh air, send them to camp." 

We think this is old news, can't happen here, how blind we are.  We ourselves had the west coast camps for Japanese citizens, took their homes, businesses and lives at the same time Germany was doing the same thing.  Only difference was the treatment our prisoners got.    But it came close, there was talk of castrating the male baby's born in the camps.   Very, very close.

Today I believe the only way we can win this new war is to hark back to the old time warfare.   We freaking know where this Atomic research is going on, we know every day we ignore it the better developed it gets.

Why in the name of humanity don't we use conventional bunker busters to take the whole thing out NOW.  Do we have to go for a few years grumbling and worrying about how the middle east is developing something that can kill millions.?    Do we wait until this monster is up and running then crap our pants because we have done nothing to stop it,

We don't even need ground troops for this, just blow a hole in the earth 10 miles square, 6 miles down.   Give them their own Grand Canyon.

We can do it at the drop of a dime with out a nuclear bomb. So all the Nuclear country's go ape $h1t, old time non nuclear warfare.

This fighting on the ground is nuts, leave that for the clean up crew after we raid our arsenals and drop from the Sky's all the old and new  stuff we have.

THEY started this war from the Sky's, just drop enough bombs to put them out of business and wait for the back lash.   Won't hurt to just stand tall and announce after the fact, " what is the difference in one suicide bomber of yours and a really big bomber of ours.?"

Rant ended----for now, sorry Thor, we woman don't stand for foolish men or woman that don't believe in my Grandmas saying    " A stitch in time saves 9"

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 01:59:22 PM »
That post makes me dizzy........... I suppose that it's impossible for you to compound a coherent statement??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 04:18:17 PM »
WTF?!

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Daisy

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 04:24:32 PM »
"The German people were (sic) equally victims". ?...Then who were the tens of thousands of people wildly cheering Hitler whenever he spoke to them??!!!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 04:48:57 PM »
vesta has been as the crack again...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 05:34:55 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2010, 02:04:38 AM »
Tears fall down my face and upon my heart when I think of the torture of my people that happened in that place.That happened in Germany at the apex of her civilation. That's reason to be ever vigilent..... :heart:

Not to shit on anyone's parade but what the hey:

Since the passing of Roe Vs. Wade the "Righteous Woman's Rights" Nazis have already SURPASSED the murder-by-the-numbers of Hitler's reign.

Where is the sign for those dead humans?
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Daisy

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2010, 01:45:24 PM »
"The German people were (sic) equally victims". ?...Then who were the tens of thousands of people wildly cheering Hitler whenever he spoke to them??!!!
There were indeed many decent Germans who hid and protected Jews, at the risk of their own lives.