Author Topic: UK Journalists Strike Back at WH Press Secretary  (Read 1256 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
UK Journalists Strike Back at WH Press Secretary
« on: June 01, 2009, 07:24:42 AM »

Robert Gibbs should apologise to the British press for his sneering rant

I cannot recall an instance like this where the President's official spokesman has blasted the press of a key ally - in this case America's closest friend, Great Britain.

This kind of attack would normally be made against the likes of the North Korean or Iranian state media, but in the current climate of "engagement" with America's enemies the White House is far more likely to attack its own allies. Gibbs' remarks have echoes of a senior State Department official's anti-British statements to The Sunday Telegraph after the appalling handling of the Prime Minister's visit in March.

..... The British press, especially the Telegraph, has been singled out because they frequently publish articles critical of the Obama administration and are not afraid to take on the status quo in Washington. Increasingly, millions of Americans are turning to online UK news websites for cutting edge reports on American politics and U.S. foreign policy that the mainstream media refuses to cover in the States, especially if it is unflattering to the Obama White House.

Robert Gibbs' completely unwarranted rant against the British press is an absolute disgrace, and the President should disown his views. An unreserved apology by Gibbs is also in order.

..... Congratulations Gibbs - you've just made an enemy out of the entire British media, quite an achievement for the man in charge of selling the President's message.

Memo to Obama attack dog Robert Gibbs: stop pooping on our lawn

1. Congratulations. Your presidential regime has managed to secure the most supine, slobbering, spineless, unquestioning media coverage since Enver Hoxha's Albania.

..... 3. If you are going to make clever-sounding football references displaying your rich understanding of the British press, try to get your terminology right. We call it the "Champions League." Not the "Champions League cup."

..... 5. Insulting the British print media. Big mistake. We know we're not angels. We know we can go over the top sometimes. But unfortunately that's a much bigger problem for you than it is for us. You see, while a lot of your mainstream media will hold fire on stories which they think may reflect poorly on your wondrous Obamamessiah - what his half-brother has been up to, say - we have fewer qualms about telling it like it is.

..... 6. A lot of Americans know this. They appreciate our irreverence. They enjoy our frank criticisms of all the myriad areas where Obama is getting it so badly wrong - everything from his disastrous cap and trade measures, to his brutal treatment of Chrysler dealerships which didn't support him, to his pork barrelling, to his failure to do anything that looks remotely like rescuing the US economy. That's why they come to read us online: because they can and there's nothing you can do to stop them.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2009/05/31/uk-journalists-strike-back-wh-press-secretarys-sneering-condescending-re
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: UK Journalists Strike Back at WH Press Secretary
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 07:26:07 AM »
And for those that missed last week why this is news:

As noted in a previous post (at NewsBusters; at BizzyBlog), Gibbs criticized all of British journalism in reaction to a single UK Telegraph report claiming that photos from the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq "include images of apparent rape and sexual abuse":

"I want to speak generally about some of reports I've witnessed over the past few years in the British media and in some ways I'm surprised it filtered down," Gibbs said.

"Let's just say that if I wanted to look up, if I wanted to read a writeup today of how Manchester United fared last night in the Champions League Cup, I might open up a British newspaper," he continued.

"If I was looking for something that bordered on truthful news, I'm not sure that would be the first stack of clips I picked up."
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:19:30 AM »
Despite this most refreshing response, the frenzied media-worship of the U.S. press of Lord Zero will continue.

The slobbering, panting, and genuflecting will continue unabated.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 12:02:47 PM »
And the rest of the world begins to turn against the Obamamessiah....First Israel's Netanyu telling him to suck it..and now the English media...only a matter of time before other countries follow suit. 
It's so clear how all the Europemania was manufactured by the Obama spin machine...now if only the stupid americans who voted for him remove their rose colored glasses and see Obama for the nightmare he is.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 12:20:21 PM »
He's headed over to France, I'm sure he'll manage to piss them off to.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 12:22:09 PM »
And the rest of the world begins to turn against the Obamamessiah....First Israel's Netanyu telling him to suck it..and now the English media...only a matter of time before other countries follow suit. 
It's so clear how all the Europemania was manufactured by the Obama spin machine...now if only the stupid americans who voted for him remove their rose colored glasses and see Obama for the nightmare he is.

Dear Leader is embarking on his Middle East "Tour of Apology"TM , soon. Of course the Muslim world will laugh behind his back, if not to his face.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 02:30:24 PM »
Back in Jimmy Carter's day, the press sucked up a lot then too, but the bad press happened as well.  And when the press turned on Jimmy, they turned in a really big way.

Jimmy Carter gave us Ronald Reagan.   What will we get after 4 years of Obama.

Even Pravda is laughing at him already.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 02:43:40 PM »
I thought the whole world was supposed to love us if we elected 'O'......what gives?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 01:25:44 PM »
I thought the whole world was supposed to love us if we elected 'O'......what gives?

KC

The whole world (that expounded that bull$h*t) is even more stupid than Zero's voters....

Personally, I could care less if the world loved us, just as long as the muzzies crap their turbans in fear at the mention of "USA"....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 02:53:45 PM »
The whole world (that expounded that bull$h*t) is even more stupid than Zero's voters....

Personally, I could care less if the world loved us, just as long as the muzzies crap their turbans in fear at the mention of "USA"....

To paraphrase Machiavelli:
"It is one thing to be loved, it is better to be feared."