Author Topic: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites  (Read 4315 times)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 05:40:05 PM »
Lets not forget that Nostrodamus and the Mayan calendar both predict that doomsday will occur on Dec 12, 2012.

If iran launches a nuke tipped missile at Israel and the IDF successfully intercepts the missile, Israel will STILL generate a nuclear strike of its own even though the nuke didn't detonate anywhere in Israel.

I don't buy into that TEOTWAWKI BS, the whole Mayan prophecy thing has been blown 'way out of proportion for sensationalistic reasons.  The Mayans apparently held widely-diverging opinions about the significance of it, only some of them believed it was going to be bad as opposed to just a big transition.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »
I don't buy into that TEOTWAWKI BS, the whole Mayan prophecy thing has been blown 'way out of proportion for sensationalistic reasons.  The Mayans apparently held widely-diverging opinions about the significance of it, only some of them believed it was going to be bad as opposed to just a big transition.

You could be right.  After 0Bama loses the election in 2012, Americans are sick of his failed policies, and for the first time ever, the newly elected Republican president is sworn in early. :)

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2009, 06:46:01 PM »
I believe that the significance was that they needed to rebuild the math to do the calculations of the nerw cycle that begings in 12/2012. That HAD to be a real bitch, computed on knoted string! What sane person wants to go thru THAT and hammer out of stone another calander wheel lasting another half millenium?

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2009, 06:24:30 AM »

They've read the writing on the wall. barry is selling them out.

But as you and DAT have correctly observed, this isn't 1981, and this isn't Osirak.  If you thought the international condemnation of Israel back then was bad, just wait until they try something now.

Seriously, there's been talk of going into Iran for over three years now--this story is a bit of sabre-rattling on Israel's part.  As the old expression goes, rattling sabres makes noise, drawing them does not.

Even Israel has to realize that politically, they haven't got a pot to piss in, and without the US backing them up, they don't have much of one militarily either.  I don't like that scenario any more than you do, but facts is facts, and it's not currently in Israel's best interest to pull anything like this.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2009, 06:30:21 AM »
Overflight rights? What would the Israeli flights be overflying?

Look at a map.  Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait--all in the flight path.  The only reason they got away with Osirak in 1981 was the fact the airbase they used was at the very southern tip of the Sinai (now part of Egypt) and they followed the border using NOE flying at under 200 feet most of the way before they turned north into Iraq. 

Jets are thirsty little guzzlers under 10K feet.  It's highly unlikely that they could make it to Iran (900 air miles without detours) without retanking on the way in AND on the way out.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 12:19:53 PM »
If that date was Dec 12, 2011, I'd guess it was caused by DUmmie heads exploding during a recount of presidential votes. Dade county being the epicenter.

Ummm, the next Presidential election won't be held until Nov 2012.........
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 05:09:17 PM »
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 05:12:12 PM »
Didn't Israel bomb Syria's weapons lab a couple of years ago?...Did they have the US's support...well, not publicly...but then again, GWB was the President.
 I doubt the current Dirtbag in Chief will do the right thing...but  I also believe Israel will do what is needed to protect her country....despite US official approval.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »
Didn't Israel bomb Syria's weapons lab a couple of years ago?...Did they have the US's support...well, not publicly...but then again, GWB was the President.
 I doubt the current Dirtbag in Chief will do the right thing...but  I also believe Israel will do what is needed to protect her country....despite US official approval.

You mean despite US official disapproval, right?

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 05:39:08 PM »

You mean despite US official disapproval, right?

Yes, that's what I meant...thanks for the correction... :-)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 10:03:30 PM »

They did, though both were very hush-hush about it, for somewhat different reasons.  However Syria has a common border with Israel and at least for the southern half of Syria, the Israelis can hit it at will because by the time the Syrians realize the IAF didn't turn around at the border, the Israeli planes are already getting lined up for their target runs.
On the other side of Syria is Iraq.  Beyond Iraq is Iran.  Syria, Iraq, and Iran are all pretty sizeable places.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 01:52:06 PM »
We are rushing tward a confluence of opposing currents. Our current "Captian" , never having been to sea, nor for that matter, even seen the sea, before is under full sail into this very dangerous place. He's missing the choppiness, the swirling of the deep currents, that peculiar clarity of water, that on closer inspection, is only translucence. On he sails, oblivious of the danger, with time to correct the course getting MUCH shorted by the day.

Nothing at the point of no return yet, but closer and closer.....

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 03:01:57 PM »

They've read the writing on the wall. barry is selling them out.

They probably came into this thought the second the election was won.  With Barry's record there is NO WAY anyone could even think any different.  His disdain for Isreal has always been extremely obvious.

First world Nuclear war...here we come.
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 08:15:33 PM »
The Israelis may have a more immediate threat at hand than Iran.  The Taliban may get hold of the Pakistani government (And its hundred or so complete nuclear weapons and launch vehicles) long before the Iranians make one.