Author Topic: John Edwards has dropped out of the Prez race  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
John Edwards has dropped out of the Prez race
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:05:23 AM »
Per Fox news ... breaking

Link (Yahoo News): http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080130/ap_on_el_pr/edwards
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 08:20:35 AM by freedumb2003 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: John Edwards has dropped out of the Prez race
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 08:19:26 AM »
Nah.  Eddie is just "layin' low"; getting his "duck in a row"....waiting for the "right moment"....playin' it "close to the vest".

Or maybe he ran out of AquaNet last night, and hearing that can sputter forth its last drop of stiff-giving essence was more than Eddie could handle after such a bad day.  He had a breakdown.  Wadded-up moist tissues littered the bed like a snowscape found at the top of the magic beanstalk.....

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 08:21:12 AM »
Nah.  Eddie is just "layin' low"; getting his "duck in a row"....waiting for the "right moment"....playin' it "close to the vest".

Or maybe he ran out of AquaNet last night, and hearing that can sputter forth its last drop of stiff-giving essence was more than Eddie could handle after such a bad day.  He had a breakdown.  Wadded-up moist tissues littered the bed like a snowscape found at the top of the magic beanstalk.....

Just like Guliani's Florida stragety...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 08:21:48 AM »
Oh my.

I thought he was striving to be the "power broker" between Messalina Agrippina and Barack Hussein Obama at the Democrat National Convention later this year.

He should have stayed in the race, but now there's no chance of his being the "power broker."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 08:33:02 AM »
Oh my.

I thought he was striving to be the "power broker" between Messalina Agrippina and Barack Hussein Obama at the Democrat National Convention later this year.

He should have stayed in the race, but now there's no chance of his being the "power broker."

He's still the #1 proponent of "Girl Power"!!
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 08:42:28 AM »
Oh my.

He's still the #1 proponent of "Girl Power"!!

Edwards Fan Base Discusses His Withdrawal

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 08:51:22 AM »
gawd this Barack v Billary thing is going to get awesomely bloody.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 08:52:08 AM »
gawd this Barack v Billary thing is going to get awesomely bloody.

No kiddin.  Talk about your phyrric victories.  Then again, it ain't much better on our side of the aisle.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 10:06:56 AM »
Awww....he won't be missed.

But in case anyone wants to reflect on what might have been.......

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AE847UXu3Q[/youtube]
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 10:42:12 AM »

this is going to turn into a bribery contest.  the Barackstar! offers AG.  Hillary counters with the a seat on the supreme court.  the BarackStar! offers to put him on the ticket . . . .

let the bidding begin!

Offline Lisa

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 10:49:26 AM »
Well, I'm disappointed but certainly not surprised. I did think he would at least wait until after Super Tuesday, however. I agree with a lot of his positions, but he really didn't have much of a chance in the GE. He needed to be FOR something and not just AGAINST things. Running against something only works for a little while. I think, though, that it's sad that all of these candidates are dropping out when really only a handful of states have actually voted so far and more than three-quarters of the country hasn't had a chance to vote and have their say.

I'm sooooo hoping Obama is able to get the nomination. I do NOT want Hillary, period. Then again, my primary isn't until June 3, so what the hell difference does it make who I support at this time?

I think that Edwards would make a fine Attorney General or Secretary of Labor. He's much more suited to a cabinet position than to the presidency.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 10:51:44 AM »

Just like Guliani's Florida stragety...

the princess certainly picked an odd time to bail out, considering florida was a meaningless "beauty contest" and all. :whatever:

the is something else going on here.  the timing is suspicious.  someone is getting something somehow.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 10:52:32 AM »
I think that Edwards would make a fine Attorney General or Secretary of Labor. He's much more suited to a cabinet position than to the presidency.

Are you ****ing delusional or do you just want to see business in this country go to shit?  He, and he alone, is one of the biggest reasons Ob-Gyn's are leaving the field in droves because they can't afford the six-figure malpractice insurance premiums brought on by his junk science lawsuits.  He'd be an outright disaster as AG or in anyone's cabinet.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 10:52:57 AM »
^or his wife has taken a turn for the worse. I've always thought he should have focused on his family instead of continuing to campaign. Family is more important.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 10:54:43 AM »
Well, I'm disappointed but certainly not surprised. I did think he would at least wait until after Super Tuesday, however. I agree with a lot of his positions, but he really didn't have much of a chance in the GE. He needed to be FOR something and not just AGAINST things. Running against something only works for a little while. I think, though, that it's sad that all of these candidates are dropping out when really only a handful of states have actually voted so far and more than three-quarters of the country hasn't had a chance to vote and have their say.

I'm sooooo hoping Obama is able to get the nomination. I do NOT want Hillary, period. Then again, my primary isn't until June 3, so what the hell difference does it make who I support at this time?

john edwards is a waste of oxygen.  he is suited to exactly what he has misspent his miserable life doing;  chasing ambulances.

I don't like the BarackStar! or hillary either, but I have a certain grudging respect for them.  this guy is just a miserable degradation to humanity.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 10:54:55 AM »
^or his wife has taken a turn for the worse. I've always thought he should have focused on his family instead of continuing to campaign. Family is more important.

To normal people it is important.  He should have focused on her, hateful though she is, when her cancer came back.

This tells you that he, like most of the candidates, puts the acquisition of power over all else.  Must be nice not being burdened with having a soul.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 10:55:51 AM »

unlikely.  he has already demonstrated that his wife's illness is meaningless when it comes to his ambition.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 11:02:24 AM »
^ouch!! :-) And sadly true.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 11:24:08 AM »
has the DUmp imploded??

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 11:26:56 AM »

unlikely.  he has already demonstrated that his wife's illness is meaningless when it comes to his ambition.
But he did use her illness to aim for the sympathy vote.  Sorry P.O.S. 

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 02:53:36 PM »
In other news today. Hairsytlist on the east coast took a major economic hit when John Edwards cancelled his lifetime order of hair care products.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 03:02:03 PM »
John Edwards was nothing but a bottom feeder, always trying to catch the crumbs from the Democrat table. He needs to go back to NC to take care of his wife and stay there.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 04:20:03 PM »
...snip...
 He needed to be FOR something and not just AGAINST things. Running against something only works for a little while....

Have you not been paying attention?

He wants to take your money and give it to somebody or something less fortunate. He wants to make the gummint your asshole buddy.

He wants to do all this because he's passionate about the little guy.

Uh-huh. The Tort Lawyer from Hell is passionate.

Right.

****ing dweeb.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 07:27:29 PM »
Lightweight though he is, I thought he'd stay in until after super tuesday too..... at least.  I do have to say I am enjoying the catfights between Hitlary and Obama.  meeee-ow.
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!