Author Topic: McCain to Skip State of Union Address  (Read 2438 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
McCain to Skip State of Union Address
« on: January 27, 2008, 01:55:56 PM »
POLK CITY, Fla. (AP) - Republican Sen. John McCain is skipping President Bush's State of the Union address on Monday night even though Democrats Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton plan to attend.
"We'll be campaigning here," Sen. McCain of Arizona said Sunday in Florida, where he is locked in a tight campaign for the Republican presidential nomination against former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.

Sens. Clinton of New York and Obama of Illinois are battling in the Democratic primary. For Democrats, the significance of Florida's vote is diminished because the national party stripped the state of all its delegates to the nominating convention for holding its primary too early in the year.

While the GOP imposed a similar penalty, it is less harsh: the Republican winner will still get 57 delegates, half of Florida's total.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8UECU280&show_article=1
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Lord Undies

Re: McCain to Skip State of Union Address
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 02:13:10 PM »
Well now I don't know if I want to watch it since John McCain won't be there.   :bawl:

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 03:19:18 PM »
Well now I don't know if I want to watch it since John McCain won't be there.   :bawl:

One less idiot for the camera to cut away to for a reaction shot to what the POTUS is saying.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 03:31:13 PM »

One less idiot for the camera to cut away to for a reaction shot to what the POTUS is saying.

I agree.That leaves them more camera time to show Hillzilla.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 03:35:16 PM »

I agree.That leaves them more camera time to show Hillzilla.

Hope the camera catches her falling asleep.... :-)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 04:19:33 PM »
Expect lots of eyerolls from Hillzilla.

I'm glad McCain won't be there...I'm sick of looking at his face on tv.  His ads in Florida are nauseating