Author Topic: Fred Quits  (Read 15706 times)

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
Re: Fred Quits
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 05:32:31 PM »
**** it. On Election Day, I'm staying home. No reason to vote now. Either way, America winds up with a lib.

Like I told my sister earlier, I'm still going to vote but it's only to keep Hillary and Barack out of office. It's not because I have any loyalty to any of the "Republican" candidates.

If Romney picks Fred up as VP.... than MAYBE I'd vote for him. If not, **** it.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 05:33:58 PM »
**** it. On Election Day, I'm staying home. No reason to vote now. Either way, America winds up with a lib.

Paul may run as an Indie. You could vote for him.

:tongue:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 05:40:59 PM »

Like I told my sister earlier, I'm still going to vote but it's only to keep Hillary and Barack out of office. It's not because I have any loyalty to any of the "Republican" candidates.

If Romney picks Fred up as VP.... than MAYBE I'd vote for him. If not, **** it.

I do not see them teaming up. One is a conservative and the other is a statist.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 05:42:16 PM »
The media may be pumping up McCain, but Romney has the majority of the delegates right now.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 06:31:48 PM »
[youtube=425,350]Xou-FpDTHSE[/youtube]

:rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 06:46:48 PM »
ok, so now what?

i am not really drawn to any of them..

*blech*

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 06:53:25 PM »
ok, so now what?

*blech*

blech is an understatement.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 06:53:58 PM »
I prefer Romney... at least he has business/executive experience.  The rest of them haven't done anything except work for the government for the last 20 years.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 06:58:30 PM »
I prefer Romney... at least he has business/executive experience.  The rest of them haven't done anything except work for the government for the last 20 years.

true...

and he is pretty to look at.

Offline guest

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 07:02:20 PM »

true...

and he is pretty to look at.

Okay, I'll confess.  I think he's nice-looking too.    :uhsure:

In all seriousness, I might consider a vote for him because of that business experience.  At this point, I am still undecided, but if Romney can prove himself, he'll get my vote.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 07:04:18 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 07:06:51 PM »
I wouldn't consider South Carolina as a "poor finish". Poor would be single digits like Ron Paul got. No, I think he got out more because of personal issues back home. Otherwise, he would have likely stayed in at least until Super Tuesday.

He is also nearly broke (of other people's money) He never presented himself as a viable candidate.  Seemed like he was just waiting to get in one-liners at the debates but wasn't offering up anything of any value, plus he's damn old. 
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2008, 07:08:52 PM »
Fred for Veep.

That is all.

Sounds great but in 2016 we'd be in the same boat we are now, no viable veep for the ticket.
nine eleven is a car

Offline jendf

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 07:11:13 PM »
ok, so now what?

*blech*

My early ballot with a vote for Fred was mailed off days ago, so I'm screwed in the primary.

But I'll vote, no matter how difficult, for whomever has an "R" next to their name in the general election. Because the alternative, the "D" candidate, would be far worse IMO. I still believe that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 07:13:18 PM by jendf »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 07:16:53 PM »
Quote from: jendf

My early ballot with a vote for Fred was mailed off days ago, so I'm screwed in the primary.

Bummer.  Me too.  I'd still like to see him as a veep, best case for Romney.  Or for McCain, if McCain promises to take up HALO jumping and extreme snowboarding.

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 07:22:00 PM »
Quote from: jendf

Bummer.  Me too.  I'd still like to see him as a veep, best case for Romney.  Or for McCain, if McCain promises to take up HALO jumping and extreme snowboarding.

And hunting with former VP Cheney.
nine eleven is a car

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 07:38:04 PM »
Yeah, that too!

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 07:41:36 PM »
He must have gone to sKerry's botox doctor because I swear McCain looks at least 7 months younger than he did when he was dead last in the pools.
nine eleven is a car

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 09:01:50 PM »
ok, so now what?

*blech*

But I'll vote, no matter how difficult, for whomever has an "R" next to their name in the general election. Because the alternative, the "D" candidate, would be far worse IMO. I still believe that.

My sister has the same problem. She lives in Peoria, yet goes to school full-time at ISU. So she had to do an absentee ballot, and despite her being a bit of a lib, she cast her vote for Fred.

Now I am not pumped about any candidate. I got the same problem with the SuperBowl this year. I plan on watching the damned "Puppy Bowl" on Animal Planet instead there because it'll be more of a surprising outcome there, but this way, we're screwed. I said Romney would be my second choice, but I've been hearing all sorts of shit from him putting in universal healthcare in Assachuestes and being pro-gun control. And it also makes me very leary that a supposed Republican can get elected in a state bluer than Bill Clinton's balls under Hillary's watchful eye.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Lauri

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 09:51:53 PM »
I wouldn't consider South Carolina as a "poor finish". Poor would be single digits like Ron Paul got. No, I think he got out more because of personal issues back home. Otherwise, he would have likely stayed in at least until Super Tuesday.

He is also nearly broke (of other people's money) He never presented himself as a viable candidate.  Seemed like he was just waiting to get in one-liners at the debates but wasn't offering up anything of any value, plus he's damn old. 

he's younger than McCain..  :popcorn:  by almost ten years.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 10:25:45 PM »
Shit.  Now there are no conservatives in the race.

Ron Paul  :rotf:

Where is Achmed The Dead Terrorist when you need him?

"Silence!!!!!!!!!! I Keeeelll youuuuu"
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 10:34:49 PM »
**** Fred.  :censored:

What did he expect, to be crowned as soon as he declared? If he didn't think it was worth campaigning for, he should have stayed in ****ing Hollywood. **** him is he ever gets involved in national politics again.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lauri

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2008, 10:53:13 PM »
**** Fred.  :censored:

What did he expect, to be crowned as soon as he declared? If he didn't think it was worth campaigning for, he should have stayed in ****ing Hollywood. **** him is he ever gets involved in national politics again.

he probably wont, but i think he made a tactical error early on that cost him a lot.

first, he waited so long to dive in - people didnt know if he was serious or not.

then once he got in, he showed absolutely no interest cause he thought that's what we wanted; somebody laid back and not too hyper.

his idea backfired... sort of like whats happening to Giuliani. rudy is betting everything on Florida and it appears he's losing NYC while he's away...

this whole thing is not shaping up like i thought it would..    and hillary went angry, which was also unexpected...

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008, 10:54:50 PM »
I'm sure I'll be bashed tomorrow. 'S Ok. I can handle it. This is just my opinion. I'm, quite frankly, pissed off at Fred.  :censored:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2008, 10:56:23 PM »
and hillary went angry, which was also unexpected...

Now THAT, was hilarious!  :lmao:

She called Obama a worker for a slum lord, he called her a worker for Wal-Mart. Gotta love it.  :-)

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 10:26:08 AM »

You all are talking about a Romney/Thompson ticket...but I can more realistically see a McCain/Thompson ticket. Thompson voted pretty much in-line with McCain (from what I can remember), and they are very good friends as well.
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.