Author Topic: McCain Defeats Huckabee, Rest of Pack in South Carolina Republican Primary  (Read 12099 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: McCain Defeats Huckabee, Rest of Pack in South Carolina Republican Primary
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 04:22:12 PM »

Did you get a load of that Yahoo link MattressBoy provided up above?  The candidate's representative photo beside the name?  All the democrats look like million-dollar publicity photos while the Republicans look like mugshots.  Leave it to Yahoo.

:rotf: :rotf: I noticed that too!!!

Anyway, I honestly don't think that John McCain can win the presidency. He lacks charisma, he isn't a "strong" speaker, and he has a weak personality.

Of course, Hillary is a screaching ninny, but the squeaky wheel tends to get the grease all the same.

If the Hildabeast gets the nod, which it is looking like she will, I just can't see McCain beating her.

And, if McCain wins in the primaries and chooses Huck for his VP, I really can't stomach that either. He just isn't a conservative by any stretch.

OTOH, I would think that Obama would be the winner of the south, and if that is the case, he would most likely be the Dem. candidate for the election. I think the odds of McCain beating Obama are higher than him beating Hillary, but I just don't see McCain winning there either.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 04:25:10 PM »
That pic of L. Ron looks like someone just shoved an ice cube up his ass.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What's so damned funny about that, is that is the SAME stupid look the man always has on his face.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 04:27:46 PM »
If McCain is the nominee I will give serious thought to staying home on election day. I hate to say it but it's true. As far as I am concerned McCain has betrayed the trust conservatives have shown him.

That's exactly how I feel, and I feel even more strongly about that over Huckabee.

I got flamed for saying that about Huckbleberry elsewhere by JCC and the other LL  :whatever:

It's just nice to know that I am not alone feeling this way.

Barack Obama

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 04:31:40 PM »
If McCain is the nominee I will give serious thought to staying home on election day. I hate to say it but it's true. As far as I am concerned McCain has betrayed the trust conservatives have shown him.
I agree.  If he is elected it will be no policy difference between him and Hillary/Obama.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008, 04:36:32 PM »

That's exactly how I feel, and I feel even more strongly about that over Huckabee.

I got flamed for saying that about Huckbleberry elsewhere by JCC and the other LL  :whatever:

It's just nice to know that I am not alone feeling this way.

Both of you - everyone - please, there are two Supreme Court vacancies on the very short horizon.  Remember that and play whatever hand you are dealt.  Folding is not the answer.   Thank you.   

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2008, 04:43:40 PM »
Undies, you are assuming that RINOS would put good, conservative judges in those open spaces.

You sincerely trust that they would?

Barack Obama

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2008, 04:48:49 PM »
Undies, you are assuming that RINOS would put good, conservative judges in those open spaces.

You sincerely trust that they would?

I don't know for certain.  I do know for certain the liberal democrat will not.  I'll go with the uncertainty in this case. 

Offline Zeus

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2008, 05:10:01 PM »
I don't understand the childish "If I don't get my way I'm sitting this one out" attitude towards elections. Chastising people for the candidates they are left to pick from while admitting certain defeat. That's a loose - loose situation no matter how you spin it.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2008, 05:46:27 PM »

I agree. Its either Fred or stay-home for me.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »
I want to stop McVain now.

I don't understand the childish "If I don't get my way I'm sitting this one out" attitude towards elections. Chastising people for the candidates they are left to pick from while admitting certain defeat. That's a loose - loose situation no matter how you spin it.

So true. Sit it out and elect Hillary, nobody ever gets to handpick the nominee. Everytime you've ever voted, you were picking the lesser of the two evils, and the greater of the two goods.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2008, 08:04:14 PM »
All those pictures theSarge posted freak me out.

Lemme guess--you got that info from the same person who said Fred was going to drop out after Iowa too, right?

I have no idea if you're asking me or someone else, but, yes, he's going to drop out because he went home and now if off to see his sick mother. If he was going to stay in, he'd gone straight down to Florida.

Actually if he was going to drop out...he'd have made an announcement.

It's refreshing to see a candidate that still feels family is more important than politics.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2008, 08:05:26 PM »

good God.  all things considered, McCain smoked huckleberry.

And now Huckster is blaming Thompson for his loss.

Typical Liberal...blame someone else for your shortcomings.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2008, 08:14:56 PM »

Actually if he was going to drop out...he'd have made an announcement.

It's refreshing to see a candidate that still feels family is more important than politics.

No, not on the same day McCain won, it would've been bad form. I just hope he doesn't endorse him now.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2008, 08:18:39 PM »
He's not going to endorse anyone.  He's staying in the race.

Hate to disappoint you.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2008, 08:25:46 PM »

Hate to disappoint you.

I Think so too. Super tuesday is the make or break day for the Rep primary. If no clear front runner (meaning they got close enough to the votes to make the nomination on first ballot) then you going to see some good ol fashioned horse trading going on. Course all those whiners that are going to sit the election out if they don't get their way will have already lost the right to input.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 08:30:07 PM »

Hate to disappoint you.

You're not disappointing me, I hope you're right so I don't have to start supporting Mitt Romney. :(

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2008, 08:33:41 PM »

I Think so too. Super tuesday is the make or break day for the Rep primary. If no clear front runner (meaning they got close enough to the votes to make the nomination on first ballot) then you going to see some good ol fashioned horse trading going on. Course all those whiners that are going to sit the election out if they don't get their way will have already lost the right to input.

The whole purpose of front loading these primaries like this was so the Dems would have the maximum amount of time to bash and smear whoever came out as the rush pick as the republican nominee.  It's the political equivalent of a lawyer telling a client..."don't worry about the words...just sign it".

I want a candidate who is willing to stay in for the long haul and not pop smoke and leave at the first sign of trouble.

As for the 100%'ers...I have no use for them.  They are more interested in their own selfish needs than in what is best for the country or the party.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 10:49:04 AM »

It's not necessarily childish, I understand where they're coming from.  It's one thing to have a candidate who stands totally against your beliefs win when the other side elects them, it's quite another to actually appear to endorse someone equally at odds with your principles just so the other side can't claim a win.  It depends on what your issues are, but the risk of the "Lesser of two evils" voting is that we get to be treated like the Dems treat the Blacks...constantly screwed and sold out in exchange for not voting for the Devils.  It's one thing to lose, it's a whole other thing to willingly endorse your own destruction.

If our eventual candidate would swear to just make sure that no new legislation got signed that would screw with the Constitution, guns, or taxes the base would turn out for him big-time, however I don't think any of the three big names, or the Huckster, have the vision or sense to do that.

I could possibly wrap my mind around voting for Romney if it comes to that.  McCrazy might be more of a stretch than I could handle.  I have the gut feeling that Rudy has so much more undisclosed dirt from NYC that he would actually make Hitlery look like the 'Clean government' candidate.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 12:19:22 PM »

It's not necessarily childish, I understand where they're coming from.  It's one thing to have a candidate who stands totally against your beliefs win when the other side elects them, it's quite another to actually appear to endorse someone equally at odds with your principles just so the other side can't claim a win.  It depends on what your issues are, but the risk of the "Lesser of two evils" voting is that we get to be treated like the Dems treat the Blacks...constantly screwed and sold out in exchange for not voting for the Devils.  It's one thing to lose, it's a whole other thing to willingly endorse your own destruction.

If our eventual candidate would swear to just make sure that no new legislation got signed that would screw with the Constitution, guns, or taxes the base would turn out for him big-time, however I don't think any of the three big names, or the Huckster, have the vision or sense to do that.

I could possibly wrap my mind around voting for Romney if it comes to that.  McCrazy might be more of a stretch than I could handle.  I have the gut feeling that Rudy has so much more undisclosed dirt from NYC that he would actually make Hitlery look like the 'Clean government' candidate.

The 94 mid term election should have proven to us that it's mor important to elect Conservative members to the house and senate.  They effect what policy the President...Dem or Republican can actually put into law.

Unless they do like Slick did and dish out executive orders to circumvent what Congress wouldn't or couldn't get him.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 01:19:04 PM »
Hope this is okay, didn't know exactly where to post this, but I promised to pass it along:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Gabrielle S. Avedian on behalf of Friends of Fred Thompson < Gabrielle.Avedian@<WBR>californiafortho<WBR>mpson. com>
Date: Jan 21, 2008 1:51 PM
Subject: URGENT: Email campaign for Fred!
To: "Gabrielle S. Avedian on behalf of Friends of Fred Thompson" < Gabrielle.Avedian@<WBR>californiafortho<WBR>mpson. com>
Hey all,

First, I want to thank each and every one of you for the fantastic job of calling you've been doing to South Carolina all week. It has been a long, hard week and I know you have really sacrificed for this campaign. I truly appreciate all you've done and I know Fred and Jeri appreciate it also. BECAUSE OF YOU, Greenville County (which is what you were calling) turned out the best vote for Fred than anywhere else across the state. Thank you!
Saturday's results were disappointing but we attribute much of what happened to the negative push polls, one after another, that Governor Huckabee was running and other sleazy tactics. Unfortunately, when Fred Thompson is standing tall on conservative principles wanting what is best for the country, others in this race are, instead of standing tall on principles or records, having to resort to spreading lies and cheating. What has been personally disappointing to me has been to see a man, Governor Huckabee, who is a pastor and claims to be a man of God being the one Republican in this race that has resorted to the dirtiest tricks of all of the candidates.

In any case, the purpose for my communication is this: We are doing a very quick email campaign by Fred's supporters to urge him to stay in the race. I am asking you, if you feel led to do so, to write an email to Fred (he WILL see this) to tell him why you want him to stay in. If you know anybody else who supports Fred and can also do this REALLY QUICKLY (I mean within about 3 hours from now), have them do it. Have them send it to me and I'll pass them along. Please include name, town, email address, and phone number.

Thank you!

Blessings,

Gabrielle S. Avedian
Social Conservatives/<WBR>Faith and Values Coalition Chair, Fred '08
Gabrielle.Avedian@<WBR>CaliforniaForTho<WBR>mpson. com
Ph: 949-378-4848
www.fred08.com