Author Topic: Navy confirms shooting at Naval Reserve Center in Chattanooga; 'active shooter'  (Read 5759 times)

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Why can't it be DUmmies and other Liberal scum that die in incidents like this?

Why does it always have to be the good ones that pay the price?

TRG, you know they don't have ANYTHING that someone else doesn't pay for, why should this be any different?

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
TRG, you know they don't have ANYTHING that someone else doesn't pay for, why should this be any different?

Because I still believe in fairness.  I guess I'm just old school that way.  And it's not fair that the people who by their actions and their stupid ideas cause things like this to happen and somehow seem to skate through life without having to pay even the slightest consequence for what they have wrought onthe rest of us.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Because I still believe in fairness.  I guess I'm just old school that way.  And it's not fair that the people who by their actions and their stupid ideas cause things like this to happen and somehow seem to skate through life without having to pay even the slightest consequence for what they have wrought onthe rest of us.

It helps me to believe that a reckoning is coming...

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Question for Marie Harf...please explain how poverty played into yesterdays shooting when the terrorist owned a $200K house and drove to the locations in a convertible Mustang?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:37:44 AM by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline SVPete

Two words: Kate Steinle.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

A random shooting by one Muslim terrorist is a lone act and does not implicate Muslims at large - yet a random shooting by a lunatic white guy in SC implicates all whites, especially those in the south - to the point where the Confederate flag and monuments to Confederate leaders must be banned or destroyed.

Will we hear cries from the left to ban the Islamic flag? :whistling:

Hi 5   Barry won't be happy until American White Christians are silenced and the Constitution destroyed in order to pave the way for the completion of the transformation of this country as he sees fit.
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
The Sailor who was shot has died from his wounds.

Rick Scott and Bobby Jindal have ordered their respective states National Guard recruiters to relocate to the nearest Armory for safety.

Wonder how quickly the Administration will move to block further moves like this?

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Add the Oklahoma Governor to the list and Greg Abbott has authorized TX National Guard soldiers and airmen to carry their weapons on any State installation...that means any NG post like Camp Mabry or Camp Bullis not places like Ft. Hood etc

Offline libertybele

States Move to Arm Guards
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2015, 06:30:52 PM »
Finally ... a moment of sanity ...

Ind., Fla., Texas move to protect Guard recruitment offices

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/18/ind-fla-texas-move-protect-guard-recruitment-offices/30353239/

The governors of Indiana, Florida, and Texas issued orders Saturday aimed at protecting National Guard recruitment centers in the wake of fatal shootings at a military facility in Chattanooga, Tenn.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence authorized the arming of soldiers at Indiana National Guard facilities and recruiting sites statewide. Gov. Rick Scott of Florida ordered National Guard recruiters to work from an armory. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott authorized the Texas National Guard to arm its members at all of its military bases across the state.

Similar measures have been taken in Oklahoma.

Four Marines and a Navy petty officer were killed in a shooting rampage Thursday at a U.S. Navy Reserve Center in Chattanooga. The gunman, identified by the FBI as Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez, a 24-year-old naturalized U.S. citizen from Kuwait, died in a shootout with police. Abdulazeez had earlier shot up an armed forces recruitment center in the city.

"As commander-in-chief of the Indiana National Guard, I will not permit our citizen-soldiers to remain unable to defend themselves and our citizens at facilities in our state," Pence said in a news release. "Hoosiers may be assured that those who have stepped forward to defend our state and nation will have the ability to defend themselves."

In Texas, Abbott said he was taking the action "with a heavy heart" after the shootings in Tennessee.

"Arming the National Guard at these bases will not only serve as a deterrent to anyone wishing to do harm to our service men and women, but will enable them to protect those living and working on the base," Abbott said in issuing the order.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott ordered National Guard recruiters at six storefront locations to relocate to their nearest armory.
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline thundley4

obama acted stupidly.

That's what stupid people do.

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/18/ind-fla-texas-move-protect-guard-recruitment-offices/30353239/

The governors of Indiana, Florida, and Texas issued orders Saturday aimed at protecting National Guard recruitment centers in the wake of fatal shootings at a military facility in Chattanooga, Tenn.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence authorized the arming of soldiers at Indiana National Guard facilities and recruiting sites statewide. Gov. Rick Scott of Florida ordered National Guard recruiters to work from an armory. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott authorized the Texas National Guard to arm its members at all of its military bases across the state.

Four Marines and a Navy petty officer were killed in a shooting rampage Thursday at a U.S. Navy Reserve Center in Chattanooga. The gunman, identified by the FBI as Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez, a 24-year-old naturalized U.S. citizen from Kuwait, died in a shootout with police. Abdulazeez had earlier shot up an armed forces recruitment center in the city.

"As commander-in-chief of the Indiana National Guard, I will not permit our citizen-soldiers to remain unable to defend themselves and our citizens at facilities in our state," Pence said in a news release. "Hoosiers may be assured that those who have stepped forward to defend our state and nation will have the ability to defend themselves."

In Texas, Abbott said he was taking the action "with a heavy heart" after the shootings in Tennessee.

"Arming the National Guard at these bases will not only serve as a deterrent to anyone wishing to do harm to our service men and women, but will enable them to protect those living and working on the base," Abbott said in issuing the order.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott ordered National Guard recruiters at six storefront locations to relocate to their nearest armory.

Wow.. I have mad respect for the guard now. They at least can see that there is a problem, and how to handle it. Meanwhile,  on the federal side, Ill get back to Bragg and STILL won't be able to defend myself on post and will be forced to go to 'shelter in place' sites if I'm on Pope AAF. Good God this administration sucks.
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline SVPete

Re the moving/protecting of the NG recruiting centers, isn't it sad to see such sanity coming from individual state capitals rather than DC?! And, if I understand correctly, only from Governors with Rs after their names (so far?)?!!!

I  wonder what it would take to induce/force Governor Moonbeam to make what should be a common sense move. My cynical guess is two or more such deadly shootings. My second cynical guess is that CNG personnel are more likely to carry on their own before Governor Moonbeam makes that move.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

Excellent! Good on them.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
I like some of the steps being taken to protect our servicemen.
But what I don't like is retreating out of the public domain.
It's almost like being chased out.
how much less effective will recruiting be once you pull back from engaging with civilians where they frequent.
I know there are far less civilian prospective enlistees that frequent armories.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
how much less effective will recruiting be once you pull back from engaging with civilians where they frequent.
I know there are far less civilian prospective enlistees that frequent armories.
It depends. In some states it's not a retreat it's where the recruiters are normally located. When I signed up in the Alabama National Guard my recruiters office was located in the Armory just outside Ft. Rucker. When I enlisted the first time in Texas back in 1992 the Reserve and NG recruiters were co-located in the same office as the active duty guys I was visiting.

Offline RayRaytheSBS

I agree with you on the chased out part. The recruiters  are supposed to recruit in civilian  clothes now. Which is B.S. They should be allowed to concealed  carry if they have the appropriate  certification  by their state. And STAY IN UNIFORM. 

Recruiting  in civilians sends the message  we are weak to people outside  of the US. How is it this knuckle-dragging Infantryman can see this and the wizards in the five-siddd puzzle palace can't? 
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
The recruiters  are supposed to recruit in civilian  clothes now.

W.T.F. over?

Offline RayRaytheSBS

W.T.F. over?

I agree TX, that is sending the WRONG message to Daesh, who are the ones sponsoring sh!t like this. It is telling them they can be appeased by a simple sacrifice of ONE PERSON. This will encourage  others  to do this. God, we have idiots running the show now.  :banghead:

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
I agree TX, that is sending the WRONG message to Daesh, who are the ones sponsoring sh!t like this. It is telling them they can be appeased by a simple sacrifice of ONE PERSON. This will encourage  others  to do this. God, we have idiots running the show now.  :banghead:

I mean I can kinda understand no uniforms off post overseas as a Force Protection strategy...we did it for a long time in Panama IIRC.  But not within our own freaking borders.

If anything they need to wear that uniform to reassure the general population that there is security within their midst.

Offline RayRaytheSBS

I mean I can kinda understand no uniforms off post overseas as a Force Protection strategy...we did it for a long time in Panama IIRC.  But not within our own freaking borders.

If anything they need to wear that uniform to reassure the general population that there is security within their midst.

Exactly TX.  But that  makes too much sense.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Pentagon Tells Recruiters ‘No Guns’ Allowed; Close Blinds

Gretchen Carlson reported:

We have just confirmed here at FOX from the Pentagon, that the head of the US Northern Command has now issued a directive to authorize recruiters not to be able to carry weapons at the centers but he wants them to implement new security measures like “closing the blinds at the office.”

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline thundley4

Pentagon Tells Recruiters ‘No Guns’ Allowed; Close Blinds

Next, they will tell them to change into their uniforms at work and go to and from in civvies.  It used to be only the "silent service" used the phrase, "hide with pride", but now our military is asked to cower behind closed drapes.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Next, they will tell them to change into their uniforms at work and go to and from in civvies.  It used to be only the "silent service" used the phrase, "hide with pride", but now our military is asked to cower behind closed drapes.

They want to let the OTH(other than heteros) out of the closet, and shove our Marines and other servicemen in.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
They want to let the OTH (other than heteros) out of the closet, and shove our Marines and other servicemen in.

I guess the gays had to come out to make room for the Marines. I hate this administration, and will be so glad when they are out of office. I just pray we get people in that will help to rebuild our country.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
...and when the Muslims come for the DUmmies, the military will have an excuse not to defend the DUmmies, "We didn't see them coming...we had the blinds closed."
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin