Author Topic: Owsies loves them NATO  (Read 345 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Owsies loves them NATO
« on: May 19, 2012, 10:47:27 AM »
Three threads whining about this.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002704864
Sat May 19, 2012, 08:47 AM
Eugene (13,334 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

Nato protesters arrested in Chicago raid held on terrorism conspiracy charges
Source: The Guardian

Nato protesters arrested in Chicago raid held on terrorism conspiracy charges

Lawyer says men are 'in shock' over allegations they tried to make
a Molotov cocktail ahead of Nato summit protests

Gary Younge in Chicago
guardian.co.uk, Saturday 19 May 2012 14.16 BST

Three Nato protesters, arrested in a late night raid on Wednesday, have been charged on terrorism-related offences.

Police claim the charges of conspiracy to commit terrorism, providing material support for terrorism and possession of an explosive or incendiary device, are the result of a month-long investigation into a group they believe was making Molotov cocktails. They had already been pulled over by police last week and asked about their protest plans in a stop they posted on YouTube.

Attorneys representing the men say the charges are fabricated and aimed at intimidating activists. "We cannot say enough that we believe that these charges are absolutely … very trumped up charges," said Sarah Gelsomino of the Peoples Law Office. "Clearly in an attempt to continue this intimidation campaign on activists. Charging these people who are here to peacefully protest against Nato for terrorism, when in reality the police have been terrorising activists in Chicago, is absolutely outrageous.

-snip- posters snip

Read more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/19/chicago-nato-protesters-terrorism-charges dump loves this outfit
No replies as yet.

Eyugo puts two cents in. (probably somebody elses)
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002704362
Sat May 19, 2012, 02:03 AM
 EFerrari (162,414 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

Activists Charged with Providing Material Support for Terrorism Ahead of NATO Summit
By: Kevin Gosztola Saturday May 19, 2012 2:29 am

UPDATE – 3:19 AM ET The three activists that remained in jail have now been charged with “possession of incendiary or explosive device, conspiracy to commit terrorism & providing material support for terrorism,” according to the National Lawyers Guild attorney Sarah Gelsomino who is representing the activists arrested and disappeared in a night raid on Wednesday in Bridgeport, Chicago. (h/t @OccupyChicago)

As noted previously, the three activists remaining — Bryan Church, Jarred Chase, Brent Betterly — appear in the video posted of police threatening violence during the NATO summit. It now seems clear that police are charging them in retaliation for posting the video.

Gelsomino stated to the press that the charges were very upsetting. She called them “nebulous” and “trumped up” charges. She added that the NLG has not spoken to anyone involved in the investigation. An officer told them that each of these three men have been charged tonight.

“Charging these people who are here to peacefully protest against NATO for terrorism when in reality the police have been terrorizing activists in Chicago is completely outrageous,” she declared.

http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2012/05/19/three-activists-arrested-in-night-raid-still-in-jail-ahead-of-nato-summit/

Of course quoting their liberal defence atty. makes them innocent.
Notice the link source.  :lmao:
Response to limpyhobbler (Reply #5)
Sat May 19, 2012, 08:26 AM
 EFerrari (162,414 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

6. When I went to sleep last night, three were still locked up. n/t-
Whats her excuse for not being there with them.
Fair weather protester from what I can see.

Last but not least,..everyones favorite radical wannabe.
Post after post of sad little tweety msg's from sad little owsers on the streets.
I keep waiting for a photo of some drugged out hippie wearing carnival pants.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002702508
Fri May 18, 2012, 01:44 PM
Fire Walk With Me (31,698 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

Chicago NATO march; massive Occupy protest
Last edited Fri May 18, 2012, 03:03 PM USA/ET - Edit history (3)

Gleaned from Twitter and Facebook

Livestreams:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/occupiechicago clicking on link gives fake security warning

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/therevolutionwillbestreamed did try this one

http://t.co/wpuXkgIb

Occupy Intel @OccupyIntel

URGENT CHI: (Unconfirmed) Police reported to be arresting Black Bloc on first sight. Not waiting for cause.

#OccupyLA @OccupyLA

Taking over the streets of Chicago right now. Thousands of Occupiers from all over the nation marching. -SY

#OccupyLA @OccupyLA
LRAD in view watch live http://www.ustream.tv/channel/codeframeosf ~PM #chicago

Riot cops on horses attempted to intercept the march at Michigan Ave; Occupiers outflanked them. Timcast is said to have detected an LRAD. Occupy Intel says US Cellular Field parking lot being used as huge police staging ground. Hundreds of vehicles

Occupy Intel ‏URGENT CHI: Additional police heading to Michigan and Randolph. Also staging at the bridge.

picture of a crowd, probably unrelated

Change is up to the people, not the politicians! All power to all people!  :panic:
Twelve tweety posts by the sputtering flame.
Several other declaring buses are coming, buses are coming.  :rotf:

Awww, someone piddles on the fire.
Response to Fire Walk With Me (Original post)
Fri May 18, 2012, 03:47 PM
 frazzled (7,533 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

26. I don't think it's massive

2,400 to 2,800 people, according to the papers. I was watching on TV at around noon when it was to start, and Daley Plaza was not even full. (I'm at Daley Plaza all the time, and it's usually packed at lunchtime: the natives are staying away). We get ten times that many for a concert in Grant Park every weekend. The last big rally I attended here, for immigration reform, had 500,000 people. I know what a crowd that size looks like.

I live on the edge of downtown, but did not go today (had a lunch meeting). But it's kind of weird here. Last night we came out of a concert at 10 pm and the streets in the Loop were deserted.

Today was the Nurses' rally. I totally support their Robin Hood tax. But the numbers here are far far smaller than anticipated ... at least so far. 

Response to frazzled (Reply #26)
Fri May 18, 2012, 03:59 PM

28. And of course, Occupy is a people-powered movement. power to the poopers!!11!

It would be that much larger if you marched.
Don't just watch them, go and join them. People complain about "no change", but it's up to them to get out and make it happen. The freedom train is in town, hop on board! 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/natosummit/chinews-nato-nurses-daley-plaza-prot-20120518,0,4079159.htmlstory
Ummmm, why aren't you? Fair weather absent radical wannabe.

Sat May 19, 2012, 07:50 AM
alcibiades_mystery (24,501 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

42. Agreed...this is the great anticlimax of two months of fear-mongering

The NATO protests are a big fizzle.
Thread slowly sputtered out.
Barely a whisp of smoke right now.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Owsies loves them NATO
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:37:22 AM »

Well now, that's rather presumptuous of the pedestrian arsonist primitive.

It would be that much larger if you marched.  Don't just watch them, go and join them.

It was after all the pedestrian arsonist primitive who said during the height of the occupation that he couldn't join in because he's "too disabled" to get out of bed before noon.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 12:14:38 PM »
I love it when they exhort others to participate, that their participation is vital, and anything less does not display the correct amount of commitment
Fri May 18, 2012, 03:59 PM

28. And of course, Occupy is a people-powered movement. power to the poopers!!11!

It would be that much larger if you marched.
Don't just watch them, go and join them. People complain about "no change", but it's up to them to get out and make it happen. The freedom train is in town, hop on board!  

AND, this exhortation is made from the comfort of their parents' basement, or some other place where the snacks are handy. It seems like "You go.  I'm busy typing."
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 12:31:11 PM by dane »
This too shall pass.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »
I love it when they exhort others to participate, that their participation is vital, and anything less does not display the correct amount of commitmentAND, this exhortation is made from the comfort of their parents' basement, or some other place where the snacks are handy. It seems like "You go.  I'm busy typing."

We've watched the pedestrian arsonist primitive for a long time now, at least since last October.

He's a big one on exhorting, not so big on himself doing.

It's suspected he's one of these 400-pound behemoths laying on the couch, thus explaining why he's "too disabled" to get up before noon.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 01:43:41 PM »
We've watched the pedestrian arsonist primitive for a long time now, at least since last October.

He's a big one on exhorting, not so big on himself doing.

It's suspected he's one of these 400-pound behemoths laying on the couch, thus explaining why he's "too disabled" to get up before noon.

I'll bet he would jump on a Golden Corral coupon like it was a hand grenade !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.