Author Topic: Competition is fierce  (Read 495 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Competition is fierce
« on: May 03, 2012, 05:46:20 PM »
Couldn't help myself on this one. :lmao:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002641606
Thu May 3, 2012, 04:35 PM
 Gman (20,315 posts)

Why is Roger Clements on trial for lying to Congress about taking steroids and HGH when
Last edited Thu May 3, 2012, 04:35 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Ted Olsen was never prosecuted for bald faced lying about the Arkansas Project? Or why are bank CEO's and oil company CEO's running free for lying their asses off to Congress? Why are so many others running free? What about Alito and Roberts lying their asses off about stare decisis?

They say they want to show that lying to Congress is a serious offense. Give me a ****ing break. This shit makes me want to vomit.
They dislike competition from outside groups, that's why.  :rotf:

Response to Gman (Original post)
Thu May 3, 2012, 04:38 PM
BTennyson (22 posts)

1. It's Roger Clemens.
And he deserves every part of defamation he's getting.
One of two reasons...
1) Commentor hates baseball.
2) Mr. Clemens is a Republican.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline thundley4

Re: Competition is fierce
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 05:50:44 PM »
Why isn't Eric Holder on trial for lying to congress about Fast and Furious?   :popcorn:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 05:55:36 PM »
Yes, let's waste more taxpayer money getting that evil Bush lover.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 06:03:30 PM »
I do belive that this is due to the prosecutor loosing control of his case and witnesses.

I don't really care much about baseball but I guess the force of law still applies.

Bring a case, win it or loose it by force of law...thats the deal.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 08:06:06 PM »
Why isn't Eric Holder on trial for lying to congress about Fast and Furious?   :popcorn:

Yep. No one died from Clemens' alleged crime.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 08:17:14 PM »
Why congress got involved with steroids in baseball is still a mystery to me.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline longview

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 08:19:04 PM »
Why congress got involved with steroids in baseball is still a mystery to me.

I've wondered that, too.  Baseball has it's own policing arm.  Let them handle it.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 08:45:34 PM »
I've wondered that, too.  Baseball has it's own policing arm.  Let them handle it.

And sadly it was a GOP congress that did it.  :banghead:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 08:49:05 PM »
The MLB sold their souls to the devil decades ago and became a federally-sanctioned monopoly. That's why. They didn't want competition. I really have no sympathy for them.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 08:49:24 PM »

Canseco hit the morning talk show circuit claiming that he had used steroids, steroid use among the major leagues was widespread, and that the management of MLB made no serious effort to curb use despute their knowledge.  It became a minor political football because of the monopoly that congress gave MLB and it was useful to distract from other things congress should have been doing or was doing and didn't want anyone to notice.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 08:50:46 PM »
You never see the NFL, NHL, or NBA being forced by such oversight.