Author Topic: DUmmies Condemn CommonDreams as a Freeper Source  (Read 835 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
DUmmies Condemn CommonDreams as a Freeper Source
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:31:08 AM »
A veritable Who's Who of Whoevers

Much tooth gnashing, little actual reading of the source article but they are livid because CD is editorializing that Obama has until next January to rescue his administration.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8621281

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

Re: DUmmies Condemn CommonDreams as a Freeper Source
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:36:32 AM »
I had thought that CD was farther left than even most of the DUmp.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 11:43:40 AM »
They've cast off many of their old sources who don't march in lock-step with what they want to believe.  Commondreams is just one of the casualities.  They've abandoned Puffington Host, CounterPunch, infowars, the lezbo Maddow and a bunch of others.  It's the same manner with which they hated the wars in Iraq and Afgahnistan a year ago but now they embrace them or only give minor lip-service to claiming they're unhappy about it.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 12:03:08 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 12:07:56 PM »
Quote from:
johnaries

93. You should reply to me. 

I'll admit, I don't usually read Common Creams... oops, my Freudian slip is showing!...I mean Common Dreams, except when it's referenced here in DU. So I'm certainly not an expert on the "average" article they print.

But lately it seems that the only times that CD is refernced is when they do an article that is very low on facts but high on rhetoric. And they seem to delight in bashing the Obama Administration. Not with facts, but with spin and rhetoric.

Personally, one of the things that I liked about most Progressive sites was that we had plenty of facts to back up our claims. Has it actually come to the point where Progresives must rely on the same spin tactics that RW Radicals use in order to further a particular agenda?

I'm sorry, but that runs contrary to everything I believe as a Progressive.

If we adopt RW techniques, then we are no better than them.

I will reject Progressive brainwashing just as quickly as I reject Conservative brainwashing.

Because by definition, it is anti-Progressive.

So, all of you Obama-bashers - please look at some perspective, and understand that there is such a thing as "momentum" in politics and policy. After the last 8 years it is going to take a long time to undo that damage. And Obama is also dealing with damage that has been accumulating for much, much longer.

It would be nice if there were a magic wand that Obama could wave and fix everything. But that magic wand doesn't exist.

Finally, let me remind each of you that Obama never promised he would fix things on his own. Obama always said "we". that means you. So, are you going to sit on your lazy ass and expect O to do everything for you (oh, hey I voted - what more do you want from me?), or are you going to accept his challenge to get off your ass and actually DO something. Obama never said "He" was the one we were waiting for. He said "WE" are the ones we have been waiting for!

He quoted that old Native American axiom for a reason. Stop complaining until you get off your freaking lazy ass and DO something! The time is NOW! And whining that someone else didn't do your job for you is simply....

Pathetic!

WE are the ones we have been waiting for. And if you beleive that the Public Option is failing, - it's YOUR Fault!

Don't you dare accuse Obama of abandoning the Public Option. If he does, it's because we - YOU - didn't work hard enough to push it through. Don't blame Obama for your own faults. He can only work with what we can give him.

To summarize: for all of you Obama bashers, his hands are tied because you decided to zip-tie them and castrate him. Granted, after GWB I would be a little skepical, too. But for those who compare Obama to GWB - please look at the facts: Obama is the anti-GWB in policy decisions despite your anti-Obama spin. You are no better than your Republican counter-parts.

This primitives' post should go under the category "brainwashed cult follower."

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 01:28:31 PM »
What is the deal with this Johnaries dude?  Get off your lazy ass and DO something!!!  Do what exactly?   Healthcare isn't passing because YOU didn't work hard enough to push it through!!!   What sort of hard work is he looking for his audience to do?  He doesn't say. 

What a little arrogant pompous tinpot dictator prick.  Does he think this is an inspiring and motivating little speech?  It would alienate any audience, no matter the ideology. 

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 01:31:41 PM »
What is the deal with this Johnaries dude?  Get off your lazy ass and DO something!!!  Do what exactly?   Healthcare isn't passing because YOU didn't work hard enough to push it through!!!   What sort of hard work is he looking for his audience to do?  He doesn't say. 

What a little arrogant pompous tinpot dictator prick.  Does he think this is an inspiring and motivating little speech?  It would alienate any audience, no matter the ideology. 
In the army we're trained to lead from the front.

DUmmies prefer to push from behind. Kinda like helping the sheep over the fence.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 02:44:39 PM »
What?

It would be nice if there were a magic wand that Obama could wave and fix everything. But that magic wand doesn't exist.

About this same time last year, the primitives assured us Bo had the magic wand.

One wonders what's up with that.
apres moi, le deluge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
What?

About this same time last year, the primitives assured us Bo had the magic wand.

One wonders what's up with that.

It's one of those new, environmentally-friend Compact Flourescent Wands.

They use a lot less energy but they take a long time to warm-up and they leave lots of folks with headaches.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 05:04:43 PM »
DUmmies prefer to push from behind.

Or, alternately, DUmmies like being pushed from behind . . . with their pants around their ankles.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 05:35:39 PM »
very low on facts but high on rhetoric

Perfect description of an Obama speech.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.