Author Topic: What if the Democrats decided to play hardball with the Republicans?  (Read 816 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
kentuck  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Sep-06-09 03:21 PM
Original message
What if the Democrats decided to play hardball with the Republicans?

Instead of playing with a ping-pong ball or a birdie?

What if they decided to do what the Republicans did with the Bush tax cuts, or the Bush Medicare drug bill, or the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Of course, they paid for none of those. They rammed them down the throats of the Democrats. The Medicare bill alone cost about the same as the proposed health reform in some of the bills proposed by the Democrats. The tax cuts cost over a trillion dollars - as did the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

What if the Democrats just decided to ram the public option through, the same way they did the Bush tax cuts? They said they would be paid for but they knew they would not be. Just ram it down their throats.

Then, while they were whining to their friends in the media, ram another bill through to reform the campaign finance laws. No longer would any of them be permitted to take the big dollars from the insurance companies or other special interests.

Then, while they were shitting bricks about the new campaign finance laws, bring back the Fairness Doctrine. This is the way to play hardball with the Republicans and the only language they understand.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6480004

You know why they aren't in a hurry to ram this down the taxpayer's throat? They know they will be unemployed in jan of 2011 if they do so.

And what is the deal with the Fairness Doctrine anyway I thought it only applied to news broadcasts not shows like Rush. But the morons think it will shut Rush up so they yammer about wanting it.

Look DUmmies if the people really were behind this so called health care reform the Dems would have forced it through congress with a ton of repuke support and it would have been signed into law by now. Obama is going around trying to sell this because he knows most people do not want this. If it was universally wanted as you claim he wouldn't waste the time convincing us of what we already want.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: What if the Democrats decided to play hardball with the Republicans?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 02:59:03 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6480004

You know why they aren't in a hurry to ram this down the taxpayer's throat? They know they will be unemployed in jan of 2011 if they do so.

And what is the deal with the Fairness Doctrine anyway I thought it only applied to news broadcasts not shows like Rush. But the morons think it will shut Rush up so they yammer about wanting it.

Look DUmmies if the people really were behind this so called health care reform the Dems would have forced it through congress with a ton of repuke support and it would have been signed into law by now. Obama is going around trying to sell this because he knows most people do not want this. If it was universally wanted as you claim he wouldn't waste the time convincing us of what we already want.

And, if they continue with it, the repeal of "the public option" will get rammed down their throats in the first couple of months of 2013.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 04:35:27 PM »
Since when have the Democrats played softball with the Republicans?

Reels the mind, the horrors, when recalling the decadent flaccid old Tipsy O'Neill who as Speaker of the House obstructed, distorted, delayed, killed, all of the good stuff Ronald Reagan was trying to do.

And George Mitchell in the U.S. Senate was no nice guy either.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 04:53:07 PM »
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 04:54:35 PM »
Since when have the Democrats played softball with the Republicans?

Reels the mind, the horrors, when recalling the decadent flaccid old Tipsy O'Neill who as Speaker of the House obstructed, distorted, delayed, killed, all of the good stuff Ronald Reagan was trying to do.

And George Mitchell in the U.S. Senate was no nice guy either.

I watched the hearings for Rehnquist being appointed Chief Justice and then Borks shortly after.

What Kennedy and other dems did at the nod of now VP Biden chairing them is the lowest form of gutter politics there was.
Making politics a war and bloodsport is all in your hands DUmmies.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 07:36:58 PM »
What if the Democrats decided to play hardball with the Republicans?

Please try...
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 01:25:11 AM »
DUmmies couldn't find their ass with BOTH hands! All the Dems have to do is force their bretheren to tow the line and force this thru congress.

The fact that they're unable to bring all of their DipShits in line, is the sole fact they want to still be employed in 2011!

Damn, DUmmies is STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!111
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 08:30:08 AM »
Yeah.

They said that was exactly their intention during the August recess.

Now we have Obama going on TV to address a joint session of congress as if a war has started or something to humiliate the members of his own party inot not humiliating him.

Looks like the dems have everything they need to play hardball...except the balls.

BTW - I'll bet a case of premium carrot juice the ratings on the speech will be some of the lowest ever. He drew moderate levels when he was popular and novel. Now all he has left are the true believers and he's overexposed.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 10:16:15 AM »
Does the OP DUchebag think that the democrats demanding a vote to go to war, not once, but twice was ramming it down their throats?

What the hell planet are these people (& I use the term loosely) on?

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 11:49:23 AM »
Does the OP DUchebag think that the democrats demanding a vote to go to war, not once, but twice was ramming it down their throats?

What the hell planet are these people (& I use the term loosely) on?

I'm sure they can be found with Bwarny Fwrank, orbiting around Uranus....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.