Author Topic: DUmmies don't like 0Bama's Oconomy, it's frightening.  (Read 578 times)

Offline thundley4

DUmmies don't like 0Bama's Oconomy, it's frightening.
« on: September 06, 2009, 12:28:05 PM »
ThomWV   (1000+ posts)           Sun Sep-06-09 09:13 AM
Original message
"I'm gonna get a gun and take what the **** I need"
   Edited on Sun Sep-06-09 09:17 AM by ThomWV
A caller into C-Span's Washington journal just recounted how he was destitute and soon to be homeless. He ended his statement by saying "I'm gonna get a gun and take what the **** I need". It was chilling. His tone indicated quite clearly that this was no idle boast.

On Edit: The segment took place 9:11am (9/6/09) as indicated by the screen inset

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6477696

spanone   (1000+ posts)           Sun Sep-06-09 09:15 AM
Response to Original message
1. it's a desperate country and it's broken in many many ways

imdjh   (1000+ posts)           Sun Sep-06-09 09:32 AM
Response to Reply #5
10. Who commits the violent crime in the US?

What percentage of the population commits it?
Where do they live?
Did they work a respectable job before committing the violent crime?

The lower middle class doesn't prey on the population, the criminal class preys on the population. The lower middle class tend to have stronger basic morals than other segments. Violent crime comes from the lower class and huge financial crime comes from the upper class. Ideally, a revolution would purge both.

Just a wee bit racist, there aren't you? 

Junkdrawer   (1000+ posts)         Sun Sep-06-09 09:38 AM
Response to Reply #10
12. Thankfully, it hasn't happened yet. But I'm afraid we're seeing the first...

signs of its emergence.

It took some time for Germans to go from the post-Versailles depression to krystalnaught

You just want it to happen, but it may not be the way think.

northernlights   (1000+ posts)           Sun Sep-06-09 09:45 AM
Response to Reply #4
18. Poverty is relative

When you've gone along for a lifetime, working hard and prosperous, and suddenly find yourself helplessly watching everything you've worked for disappearing. Not to an act of nature, not a hurricane or fire or tornado or earthquake. But blatantly stolen by TPTB. Your life stolen. The people around you that once were your peers now avoid you, look away when they pass you in the street, screen your phone calls, don't return messages, don't reply to your emails, while your life and everything that was you circles down the drain...

It doesn't matter that people in Africa or India or someplace a world away have less than you.

It's that you no longer even exist in your own world.

I understand too well where this man is at. I've felt that level of rage rising with each new insult, each new theft. I'm not there yet...but close enough to know that could be me someday.

You're right. If the jug-eared Kenyan would return to Africa and stop interfering with this country, it would solve many problems.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: DUmmies don't like 0Bama's Oconomy, it's frightening.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 12:56:04 PM »
Hmmmmmmm........Seems to me conservatives never wait for the unemployment checks to run out before committing to finding gainful employment. Wonder what political denomination this caller proffesses to be?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 01:44:17 PM »
There's always something that needs done, and somebody willing to pay to have it done.  You just might have to go and look for it.  Instead DUmmies puff themselves up and hope for a Jacobin revolution.  That won't be allowed here.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 04:15:54 PM »
northernlights   (1000+ posts)           Sun Sep-06-09 09:45 AM
Response to Reply #4
18. Poverty is relative

When you've gone along for a lifetime, working hard and prosperous, and suddenly find yourself helplessly watching everything you've worked for disappearing. Not to an act of nature, not a hurricane or fire or tornado or earthquake. But blatantly stolen by TPTB. Your life stolen. The people around you that once were your peers now avoid you, look away when they pass you in the street, screen your phone calls, don't return messages, don't reply to your emails, while your life and everything that was you circles down the drain...

It doesn't matter that people in Africa or India or someplace a world away have less than you.

It's that you no longer even exist in your own world.

I understand too well where this man is at. I've felt that level of rage rising with each new insult, each new theft. I'm not there yet...but close enough to know that could be me someday.

Bull ****ing shit on all that.

Back in the early 80s was trying to make a go of it here as a dairy farm but without boring folks with the details I discovered it wasn`t going to work
In short I failed but in doing so I learned a lot about life and now am comfortable.

Yes there has been some good fortune along the way and some bad same as everyone else has.

Quit crying,open your eyes to learn and grow the **** up DUmbass. :banghead:

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 05:46:19 PM »
This one cracks me up for so many reasons.

no_hypocrisy  (1000+ posts)      Sun Sep-06-09 09:16 AM
Response to Original message
3. Welcome to the American Weimar Republic.
 Edited on Sun Sep-06-09 09:17 AM by no_hypocrisy
Wanted: One demagogue * . . . .

* The early 20th century American social critic and humorist H. L. Mencken, known for his "definitions" of terms, defined a demagogue as "one who will preach doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots."

thundley4's pic came instantly to mind.

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 11:13:18 AM »
"one who will preach doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots."

that is a good definition