Author Topic: Confrontation with a belligerent cracker.  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Confrontation with a belligerent cracker.
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 08:36:14 AM »
How did we get from whether Tom Hanks or Barak 0bama is more conservative to the president making a speech to school kids?
Cindie

Thank you Cindie. I was about to ask the same thing. It kind of reminds of of any other lib argument:

ME: "Man, Obama is spending this country into oblivion."

LIB: "Shrub got a DUI when he was 20!!!"

ME: "Huh?"
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »
We burned Black people in the Dark Ages?  Who knew?

:whatever:

Yes, yes we did and that makes us racist. You diden't get the memo?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 11:47:11 AM »
We burned Black people in the Dark Ages?  Who knew?

:whatever:
...and the liberals are still aplogizing for it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 12:14:02 PM »
The Screenplay to “Charlie Wilson’s War” was written by Aaron Sorkin, the Ultra-Liberal crackhead that wrote “The West Wing.”

The movie starred Ultra-Liberals Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks.

And since I was ‘involved” on the periphery of the matter, the funding of the Afghan Resistance to the Soviet Invasion wasn’t as easy as depicted in the film.  Lots of political infighting and resistance among State, DoD, Congress and the White House. 

And Charlie Wilson wasn’t a Conservative—except that he hated the Soviets.  He was as “Big Government” “Tax and Spend” Liberal as Tip O’Neal.
If you shun ultra-liberals, you have to shun movies almost totally. I thought "Charlie Wilson's War"
was excellent entertainment, and both Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks were great in it. I didn't see it as
loony leftist propaganda, like a Michael Moore or Oliver Stone movie.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 03:46:09 PM »
If you shun ultra-liberals, you have to shun movies almost totally. I thought "Charlie Wilson's War"
was excellent entertainment, and both Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks were great in it. I didn't see it as
loony leftist propaganda, like a Michael Moore or Oliver Stone movie.

I think the History Channel piece on this was pretty damn good. As far as the movie goes, like you said, it was great entertainment and pretty close to actual fact. Of course that doesn't happen very often with left wing Hollyweird!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!