Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Teaching Children About The Police  (Read 781 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Teaching Children About The Police
« on: July 26, 2009, 06:16:45 PM »
Since the Kenyan messiah flashed the green light for abusing the police, one bonfire after another has flared up on the island. Of course, when DUmmies interact with police officers, it's different than in the case of decent and civilized people. When you and I speak with an on-duty police officer, most of the time we are asking for assistance, or hoping, usually futilely,  to talk our way out of a traffic ticket. When DUmmies meet police officers, they usually have good reason to be frightened, and are very often arrested, as they have proudly discussed earlier.

In this thread, DUmmies share their methods of teaching their children about interactions with the police:
sandnsea  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jul-26-09 03:12 PM
Original message
Do Not Speak To Cops
And if you speak to cops, never lie.

That is what you teach your kids when cops come to the door and you are not home. Period.

Don't let them in, don't answer any questions, don't say anything. Words can be twisted into oblivion. Do you not know that by now? Do not put your kids in a position of having said something that gets twisted into something they didn't mean. Do Not Talk To Cops.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6155089
The Kenyan would be proud of DUmmy sandnsea. Most likely those kids the messiah has with the goofy names have been taught something similar.

datasuspect  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jul-26-09 03:13 PM
Response to Original message
three things you should say to cops
1. yes

2. no

3. i do not give consent.

Truth2Tell  (1000+ posts)        Sun Jul-26-09 06:06 PM
Response to Reply #6
40. I spent three hours at the Canadian border
 having my car torn apart after I was asked that exact question and my smartass passenger leaned over and said, "Why, whataya need?"

Flaneur (382 posts)      Sun Jul-26-09 04:01 PM
Response to Reply #1
27. 4. Am I free to go?

DUmmy Flaneur has clearly received a negative response to that question.

Taverner  (1000+ posts)        Sun Jul-26-09 03:13 PM
2. EXACTLY
 If you are arrested, you should ONLY say "I would like to speak to my lawyer"

Don't comment on anything, especially when they start with trigger words (words meant to get you agitated.)
And teach your children they should assume they will be arrested.

Old Codger  (787 posts)      Sun Jul-26-09 03:29 PM
Response to Reply #2
12. Most of the time
 Even if you haven't been arrested say that, they will try to tell you that if you have not done anything wrong you have nothing to worry about, believe me in most cases if they are talking to you, you have worries, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with refusing to talk without your attorney present, the police are allowed to lie to you but you are not allowed to lie to them.... Get your attorney involved ASAP.

geckosfeet  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jul-26-09 03:15 PM
4. A cop you don't know is a stranger with a gun.

sandnsea  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jul-26-09 03:21 PM
Response to Reply #7
9. We do too
 I do teach my children and grandchildren that cops are good guys.
It's not until they're about 10-12 that I give them the rest of the story.

sandnsea  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jul-26-09 03:22 PM
Response to Reply #8
10. "My parents aren't home"
 I'm not allowed to talk to anybody, not even people who might be pretending to be police officers. Sorry.

And shut the door.

That's all.

SteelPenguin (1000+ posts)        Sun Jul-26-09 03:33 PM
15. Two things I say to police
 1) I'm sorry officer, on previous advice of council, I've been instructed not to speak with police about any matter without a lawyer present. Will you be detaining me, or am I free to go?

2) I do not consent to any searches. Will you be detaining me, or am I free to go?

rollingrock (1000+ posts)     Sun Jul-26-09 03:42 PM
19. Cops like getting people riled up and angry
 by flinging insults and accusations at you, even if you did nothing to justify it.
don't give them any reason to use force on you, because they're always looking for any excuse to tase you and/or use deadly force on you. these cops are on a power trip and I guess that's how they get their kicks.

backscatter712  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jul-26-09 03:48 PM
23. Never trust a cop. They are professional liars. n/t

DUmmy backscatternumbers is raising some great kids.

aint_no_life_nowhere (1000+ posts)      Sun Jul-26-09 04:06 PM
30. "May I look in the glove compartment?"
 If that's where my registration is when I get stopped on the road, I always warn them ahead of time that I'm going to reach in there. I've had police draw their guns on me a couple of time for no reason that I can determine. I always warn them ahead of time that I'm going to make a gesture or move my hands. 

Right. I cannot recall how many times I've caused police officers to draw their weapons.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: DUmmies Discuss Teaching Children About The Police
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 07:30:57 PM »
I dunno what the primitives' gripe is, about cops.

I've been around a while, I've been a lot of places, I've met a lot of cops.

I've never had any trouble with cops.

Maybe the primitives should self-examine what they themselves do, that hints they're trying to break some law, if the primitives aren't in fact breaking it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 09:47:31 PM »
My cousin has two boys, a 5 year old and a 3 year.  He told me that his family was recently eating breakfast at a restaurant when a couple of police officers walked in.  The older boy turned around, then said "Run dad, it's the cops!"  :lmao:  My cousin was embarrassed, but the police officers were apparently really great about it, and gave both boys police badge stickers. When I was visiting later that day, the  3 year old took great pleasure arresting me and telling me that I had to stand in the corner.  :lmao:

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 11:51:25 PM »
What a good idea! Intentionally piss off an officer of the law! That will score you all kinds of points!

No wonder they get arrested at a higher rate than the rest of the population. If you ain't got nothing to hide, why the hell would you antagonize the cops?????????
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 01:07:17 AM »
And teach your children they should assume they will be arrested.

I don't know, The DUmmy might have a point. Being raised by DUmbass parents probably gives them a higher chance of being arrested.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 05:59:13 AM »
I don't know, The DUmmy might have a point. Being raised by DUmbass parents probably gives them a higher chance of being arrested.

I think you nailed it Zath, kids learn very quick what is going on in the home and have BIG Mouths  to tell everyone from teachers to the neighbors that their Uncle Bill wears Lady's underware to Grandma hides booze in the attic.

Now if their father or big brother decides to grow a cash crop of any kind, then is the time to make the police their antagonist. 

Those Cop shows that show parents being hauled away in handcuffs must make a BIG impression on small kids.

When kids see their caregivers giving respect to others, be it police or opening a door for a stranger, they learn respect, it becomes natural.

Same with kids raised by Dealers that are paranoid of the cops, the kids do grow up some how, but perceptions are a bit off.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 06:07:16 AM »
My question would be - If your kids are young enough not to have a fairly decent grasp of reality - what in hell are they doing home alone, let alone answering the door ?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 06:56:30 AM »
My question would be - If your kids are young enough not to have a fairly decent grasp of reality - what in hell are they doing home alone, let alone answering the door ?

It's not that the kids are really home alone. Mom or dad are hiding in the closet because of the warrants out for them.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 07:01:25 AM »
And the DUmmies wonder why they are constantly drawing the ire of the Police.

:whatever:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 01:54:03 PM »
Why would the police be coming to her door in the first place?   :loser: Alert !

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 04:01:15 PM »
Now everyone knows where all those episodes of COPS come from. Its the cops chasing down all the DUmmies they scare out of their basements.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"