Author Topic: Warning to manage their Mueller expectation goes about as well as expected  (Read 3489 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Freelancer (793 posts)

I wish people would hold down their expectations Re: Russia Probe

Mueller could roll out and say something like: "Nothing happened. Go home everybody. Nothing to see here"

What are people going to do if that happens? Are they prepared for that possibility at all?

Thoughts?

Kirk Lover (1,714 posts)
1. He's not going to say that because just think of what we already know that is out in the public

square. And we know hardly anything compared to Mueller. When there is smoke it either goes out or there is fire. This would of burnt out long ago...there is much there. Obstruction of justice will be the least of his worries..I promise.

What do you know?

You idiots can't even tell us how the Russians are supposed to have tampered with the elections let alone tie it to Trump.

spooky3 (20,065 posts)
8. Do you think Trump et al. would be working

So hard to obstruct and to attack the media and FBI if he had nothing to hide?

Obviously anyone protesting their innocence is only doing so to hide their guilt.

All right thinking people know this!

dewsgirl (780 posts)
34. When does anything ever work out for him, everything he touches turns to shit. Seriously, I

Wouldn't worry, about Mueller saying there's no there there. There's plenty there, these are inept and brazen criminals and Mueller and team are some of the smartest most successful prosecutors in the country.

bluestarone (1,815 posts)
10. Mueller will

NOT LET US DOWN

Marie Marie (5,193 posts)
26. Especially since he has so much to work with.

So many crimes, so little time. Trump has been dirty his whole life and so have his business deals and funding. And the dirt followed him through the primaries, the general and now his Presidency. He can only ever win by hook AND by crook. Mueller will find a lot - and I have to believe that something is going to stick to him and take him down.

Beating Hillary is not a crime.

democratisphere (6,533 posts)
11. Mueller will indict drumpf et al before the end of this year.

There will be mountains of evidence; more than anyone could ever imagine; on drumpf and his accomplices.

If feel like I went back in time to last year.

briv1016 (1,362 posts)
25. Way too much is known in the public space for Mueller to claim "Nothing to see here."

But, I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller indicts several members of Donald's administration including his family, Mueller recommends charges for Donald, the report gets classified, Donald pardons everyone and the Republican congress does nothing. Further, voter suppression, ID laws, (including a new federal law passed before November) gerrymandering and a little help from overseas friends prevent the Dems from taking back the House and Senate.

That's about where my expectations lay.

meadowlander (617 posts)
32. He already has two guilty pleas and two other indictments.

He had Flynn dead to rights on failing to register as a foreign agent and didn't charge him with it because he agreed to become a cooperating witness.

If Mueller was just going to conclude "Nothing to see here" he wouldn't be cutting deals with the mid-level fish.

There's also lots of evidence that he's flipped McGahn, Bannon and Priebus.

I will bet you any money you like that members of the Trump family are indicted, probably in the next two to three months.

Or...and I'm just putting this out there...

...he's got nothing and extortion is the best he can eke out.

marylandblue (3,252 posts)
33. There are lots of ways this could end badly

But Mueller finding nothing isn't one of them.

I'll take that bet.

murielm99 (20,231 posts)
35. If that happens,

there will be lots of marches and demonstrations.

But people will do more than that. We are mobilized already. We will GOTV and make some real changes. Will those changes happen overnight? Of course not. We might not take back Congress right away. We might see more erosion of the Supreme Court. But we will win against them, and sooner than they think.

I think you succeed half way to infinite never.

tosh (3,898 posts)
37. Sorry!

I *HAVE* to hold on to my optimism.

Without that I would not endure this appalling cluster%uck.

You go, grrrl!

secondwind (6,451 posts)
40. RICO. RICO. RiCO. Money laundering. That is where they will bring him down.

AG Schneidermann will have the goods on him, and there will be NO pardoning. Remember, Felix Sater is singing like a canary as I type this.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210155526
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Seeing their fantasy universe crash at their feet will be a wonderful thing.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running

Hillary by a landslide.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
dewsgirl (780 posts)
34. When does anything ever work out for him [Trump], everything he touches turns to shit.
I can think off at least one time it did not.   :whistling:

briv1016 (1,362 posts)
25. Way too much is known in the public space for Mueller to claim "Nothing to see here."

But, I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller indicts several members of Donald's administration including his family, Mueller recommends charges for Donald, the report gets classified, Donald pardons everyone and the Republican congress does nothing. Further, voter suppression, ID laws, (including a new federal law passed before November) gerrymandering and a little help from overseas friends prevent the Dems from taking back the House and Senate.

That's about where my expectations lay.
A more likely scenario is that Mueller will drag this out until the House GOP takes action against the Clinton campaign and Obama's administration for FISA abuses. The media then has an excuse to focus on the former and ignore the latter.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
I can think off at least one time it did not.   :whistling:
A more likely scenario is that Mueller will drag this out until the House GOP takes action against the Clinton campaign and Obama's administration for FISA abuses. The media then has an excuse to focus on the former and ignore the latter.

The most likely scenario is that the House Judiciary Committee calls ol Bob Mueller to testify about his prominent and glaring conflicts of interests, both his own and everyone he's hired, and then the Congress cuts off funds for an investigation that has yet to define what crime they are investigating.  In fact, I don't know why that hasn't happened yet.

Offline DLR Pyro

Freelancer (793 posts)

Mueller could roll out and say something like: "Nothing happened. Go home everybody. Nothing to see here"

What are people going to do if that happens? Are they prepared for that possibility at all?

Thoughts?
Who's mole is this?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

The DUmp will be on suicide watch when it is announced that Mueller will be making his announcement.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Indictments forthcoming in 24 business hours.
Bank on it. :old:

briv1016 (1,362 posts) 
25. Way too much is known in the public space for Mueller to claim "This is not the President we are looking for." "Nothing to see here." "Move along." :zap:

If schradenboners had a theme song, what would it be??

bluestarone (1,815 posts) 
10. Mueller will

NOT LET US DOWN I Believvveeeee
Lucy, get over here, I have a job for you. Oh, bring that ball, tòo.

A one, anna two, anna ... It's beginning to look a lot like Fitzmas, every .....
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Old n Grumpy

marylandblue (3,252 posts)
33. There are lots of ways this could end badly

But Mueller finding nothing isn't one of them.

He will find nothing on Trump, but lots on hilliary and the dnc
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline 67 Rover

Indictments forthcoming in 24 business hours.
Bank on it. :old:

If schradenboners had a theme song, what would it be??
Lucy, get over here, I have a job for you. Oh, bring that ball, tòo.

A one, anna two, anna ... It's beginning to look a lot like Fitzmas, every .....

Aerosmith.  Big 10" record!!  :yahoo:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Warning to manage their Mueller expectation goes about as well as expected
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 10:59:13 AM »
Aerosmith.  Big 10" record!!  :yahoo:

H5 duly earned.  Well-deserved. :clap:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 01:15:03 PM »
Freelancer (793 posts)

Thoughts?

Already said, but Dems want more of nothing.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 01:27:28 PM »
Response to pnwmom (Reply #18)

Mon Jan 29, 2018, 07:04 AM

Abouttime (670 posts)
47. The special counsel was appointed for one reason

And that reason is to remove trump from office. In the large scheme of things the ‘election’ of djt was a huge mistake, meaning it wasn’t supposed to happen. The powers that be in Washington on both sides of the isle we’re counting on Hillary, she was all but a lock to be the next President, and both sides were good with that outcome. There was no way in hell any one of them wanted trump anywhere near the Oval Office.
When the election came and went, and when Hillary won the popular vote by millions just like the polls said she would, the nation and the powers that be in Washington were shocked.
Something was very wrong. Somehow trump had manipulated a few counties in a few states and managed to pull off the biggest theft in the history of the world by stealing the Presidency right out from under the nose of everyone in our nations Capitol.
Obama knew this, the fbi, cia the DOJ all knew this because they’d been secretly following trump and everyone he conspired with in Russia, all the way up to Putin. Putin is the key here, he installed trump, not the American voter.
Obama was stuck with one hell of a dilemma, do you do what’s right and call ‘bullshit’ immediately and tell the truth to the American people? Or do you let the natural course of things go, inaugurate trump and go about righting the biggest wrong in history within the existing legal system?
Obama knew if he put the truth out there he was risking civil war, after all sadly, 60 million gun owning fascists and rascists gladly voted for trump and there was the distinct possibile threat they would turn the main streets of America red with blood if their ‘victory’ however twisted was denied.
So Robert Mueller, a man of impeccable credentials was brought in to clean up the mess.
Mueller knows what happened. He will use a method called parallel reconstruction to make the case against trump, give him time, he is there for one reason and he won’t be denied.

:thatsright:

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 01:35:31 PM »

Abouttime (670 posts)
47. The special counsel was appointed for one reason

And that reason is to remove trump from office. In the large scheme of things the ‘election’ of djt was a huge mistake, meaning it wasn’t supposed to happen. The powers that be in Washington on both sides of the isle we’re counting on Hillary, she was all but a lock to be the next President, and both sides were good with that outcome. There was no way in hell any one of them wanted trump anywhere near the Oval Office.
When the election came and went, and when Hillary won the popular vote by millions just like the polls said she would, the nation and the powers that be in Washington were shocked.
Something was very wrong. Somehow trump had manipulated a few counties in a few states and managed to pull off the biggest theft in the history of the world by stealing the Presidency right out from under the nose of everyone in our nations Capitol.
Obama knew this, the fbi, cia the DOJ all knew this because they’d been secretly following trump and everyone he conspired with in Russia, all the way up to Putin. Putin is the key here, he installed trump, not the American voter.
Obama was stuck with one hell of a dilemma, do you do what’s right and call ‘bullshit’ immediately and tell the truth to the American people? Or do you let the natural course of things go, inaugurate trump and go about righting the biggest wrong in history within the existing legal system?
Obama knew if he put the truth out there he was risking civil war, after all sadly, 60 million gun owning fascists and rascists gladly voted for trump and there was the distinct possibile threat they would turn the main streets of America red with blood if their ‘victory’ however twisted was denied.
So Robert Mueller, a man of impeccable credentials was brought in to clean up the mess.
Mueller knows what happened. He will use a method called parallel reconstruction to make the case against trump, give him time, he is there for one reason and he won’t be denied.

So it's about a do-over of the 2016 election, similar to a do-over in golf.  That's why they picked Mueller since his name is very close to the word mulligan....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 02:24:11 PM »
The Russian economy depends on oil and energy prices being high. So it makes perfect sense to get the one guy elected president saying he wanted the USA to become energy independent and to expand discovery and recovery of energy resources in the US rather than the one who wanted to continue Obama era policies designed to do the exact opposite.

Brilliant.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 03:38:36 PM »

This is going to be even better than Fitzmas because not only are they going to find the trump Admin clean, but they're going to disclose how filthy and probably criminal Clinton, Obama and the politicized heads of most out national security agencies were.   They'll have to bring out the DU action Committee.   "Not One Damn Dime Day"   "Don't Go To Work Day"   Pffft!  My favorite.    They might even have to come up with a new hat.   And all the time I'll be laughing and laughing and watching my 401K grow and trumps odds of re-election get better and better. 

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 05:25:52 PM »
They don't even know what they don't know.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 06:34:49 PM »
dewsgirl (780 posts)
34. When does anything ever work out for him, everything he touches turns to shit. Seriously, I

Wouldn't worry, about Mueller saying there's no there there. There's plenty there, these are inept and brazen criminals and Mueller and team are some of the smartest most successful prosecutors in the country.

Damn... you people still haven't figured President Trump out. He is playing the media, he is playing the dems, he is playing the DC elite, he is playing Mueller and he is playing you.  While you folks are expressing outrage about the latest tweet, he is quietly dismantling the DC establishment brick by brick. By getting the media all in a lather every other day, he has pretty much nullified them and their message.  People will only listen to scandal stories for so long until they just roll their eyes and tune it out.

His style is quite unorthadox, I will admit, but it does work.  One thing President Trump does understand is liberals and publicity. Living in NYC he got a good eyeful of both... and he is using it to his advantage.

And you idiots are too blinded by ideology to even consider it.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 04:48:49 AM »
Well, supposedly, Wikileaks dropped documents that implicated one Robert Mueller in the Uranium One scandal.  Coincidentally, the Special Counsel is named Rober Mueller.

If that's the case, Robert Mueller should be the defendant, not the Special Prosecutor.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 05:00:14 AM »
Damn... you people still haven't figured President Trump out. He is playing the media, he is playing the dems, he is playing the DC elite, he is playing Mueller and he is playing you.  While you folks are expressing outrage about the latest tweet, he is quietly dismantling the DC establishment brick by brick. By getting the media all in a lather every other day, he has pretty much nullified them and their message.  People will only listen to scandal stories for so long until they just roll their eyes and tune it out.

His style is quite unorthadox, I will admit, but it does work.  One thing President Trump does understand is liberals and publicity. Living in NYC he got a good eyeful of both... and he is using it to his advantage.

And you idiots are too blinded by ideology to even consider it.

Trump's playing this idiots like a maestro plays a Stradivarius...   :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 05:02:52 AM »
Well, supposedly, Wikileaks dropped documents that implicated one Robert Mueller in the Uranium One scandal.  Coincidentally, the Special Counsel is named Rober Mueller.

If that's the case, Robert Mueller should be the defendant, not the Special Prosecutor.

I remember when Julian Assange was asked why he only released documents about HELLary and the DNC and not on Trump and the RNC..
He replied:  "Because there aren't any on Trump and the DNC...

Wikileaks has yet to be wrong on anything they've put out...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 05:21:41 AM »
I remember when Julian Assange was asked why he only released documents about HELLary and the DNC and not on Trump and the RNC..
He replied:  "Because there aren't any on Trump and the DNC...

Wikileaks has yet to be wrong on anything they've put out...

The backstory is this:  the Republic of Goergia busted a bunch of uranium smugglers.  They might have been Russians.  The Georgians sent the enriched uranium to the US, and the US wanted to confirm where it had come from.  The Russians asked for a 10-gram sample of it to be delivered to them, so that they could establish the place of origin.  Guess who conveyed it to them?  Robert Mueller.  Apparently, there's a few details that weren't released, but what I just said is the gist of it.

Chase her.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 11:07:52 AM »

Abouttime (670 posts) <<--- low post count credseeker
47. The special counsel was appointed for one reason,
And that reason is to remove trump from office.

We don't neèd no steenking Impartiality .
*snip*
Something was very wrong. Somehow trump had manipulated a few counties in a few states and managed to pull off the biggest theft in the history of the world by stealing the Presidency right out from under the nose of everyone in our nations Capitol.  Not the voters, not the citizens, not the Electoral College, BUT,  mind you, the denizens of Washington DC

Okay, fess up, whos mole?
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”