Author Topic: hypertensive Bob worse than ever  (Read 1362 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
hypertensive Bob worse than ever
« on: March 12, 2015, 01:06:27 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026347472

Oh my.

TheMastersNemesis (4,511 posts)    Wed Mar 11, 2015, 08:03 AM

Media Worse Than Ever. Open About Giving GOP The Presidency.

While Hillary faces myriads of idiotic and asshole questions about the last time she eve took a crap, the GOP contenders get a free pass 24/7 to say anything they want. And no one even asks them any questions. And when they do they are ignored and allow them to pass.

I just want fire or even strangle most our asshole media. They would even do PR for ISIS if it hurt Dems or Obama. I will bet they would defend the 47 and support replacing Kerry at the talks.

You just get damned sick of this bullshit. Meanwhile all the issues are being ignored. The GOP will start WWIII given the chance. We cannot just enter the Middle East and bomb a country like Iran on our own, which is what the GOP would do if a GOPPER were president. Bombing Iran would involve a response by China and or Russia.

The media is like a bought off referee. They will do everything possible to make sure that this race is close. We need a fairness doctrine as far as I am concerned.

mopinko (43,395 posts)    Wed Mar 11, 2015, 10:01 AM

23. scott walker. what i dont get is why

nobody has stamped his as gov koch. look at the man's d2's. club for growth, american for prosperity, koch bros, crossroads.

same w sean duffy, congressman in wi 7.

isnt that news that people need? sheesh. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: hypertensive Bob worse than ever
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 01:13:29 AM »
I feel Bob's pain.
One of the squeakiest cleanest candidates for president was swarmed over by the media and phantom scandals were piled on.
Now when actual facts of wrongdoing are forcing the lamestream media to do their jobs, the result looks like it will be the same.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 04:15:54 AM »
Poor little MisterDUmbnuts. Overcome by the news, actuall reporting some facts.
MoStinko, blurts out some illegible claptrap in the kind of gNads. Must be using Vagi-squeal for under legg discomfort.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:49:03 AM »
For 8 years Hildabeast has been their President in waiting,the next in line of what they assure themselves is inevitably a democrat White House for perpetuity.

Now,just as the campaign season is about to get under motion they sense what many of us have known for decades...she has more baggage then a 747 and her run for President will be a non stop revisit of every scandal,lie and scheme she has ever been involved in and they number in the dozens.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 10:01:30 AM »
The degree to which these DU-folk live in a Conspiracy-Driven Fantasy World just amazes me. A couple minutes ago I posted that they think the MSM should be Pravda-esque Partly-Line Parrots and thought that might be hyperbole. I was giving them (these DU-folk) too much credit.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 10:46:24 AM »
I feel Bob's pain.

He's gonna have to rein in his anger and Hate and hysteria, though.

I already warned him, and publicly so.  I'm a survivor of a blood pressure that once soared to 302/197 (not because of anger and Hate and hysteria, though; a wholly physical over-reaction to a pharmaceutical that had been administered me to elevate a blood pressure w-a-a-a-a-y down in the cellar because of loss of blood).

But I was lucky.

Not all people are as fortunate as I've been, and I seriously doubt hypertensive Bob has been "gifted" to the same degree as franksolich.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 11:11:01 AM »

Not all people are as fortunate as I've been, and I seriously doubt hypertensive Bob has been "gifted" to the same degree as franksolich.

Being a nice guy, I'm concerned enough about hypertensive Bob that decency compels me to post this again, in the hopes it might prove instructive to him, in case he missed it the first time:

A true story for TheMastersNumbSkull; this really happened.

About suppertime the evening of August 3, 2009, I was admitted to the hospital with a blood pressure reading of 57/29, and falling.

The esophagus had exploded, geysering out almost half--not quite, but almost--the blood in my body.

The physician and the registered nurse got immediately to work, and quickly closed the rupture.

After visually observing me, and the monitors, for quite some time, say about forty-five minutes, they walked into another room, maybe to have a cigarette or a cup of coffee.

I was laying there, chitchatting with two friends.

Then suddenly the physician and the nurse came sprinting back into the room, like bats out of Hell.  The nurse jammed a pill into my mouth, while the physician injected me with something, both of them nervously watching the monitor (which I couldn't see).

The blood pressure had skyrocketed to 302/197, and was still rising.

The lesson for TheMastersNumbSkull in this anecdote is this: even though I was just seconds away from having a major stroke, I felt absolutely normal, that nothing extraordinary was going on. 

In fact, after she'd jammed the pill down my throat and the physician was shooting me, I asked the nurse what it was.  I'm not sure, but I don't think medical professionals usually tell patients which medicines they're being given, but she slipped up, and told me it was nitroglycerin.

I felt absolutely normal, that all was okay.

TheMastersNumbSkull needs to remember that, once he gets started in a fit of hating; he won't know until it's too late.  So maybe he better calm down and get mellow, and stop his hating.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 11:34:33 AM »
mopinko (43,395 posts)    Wed Mar 11, 2015, 10:01 AM

23. scott walker. what i dont get is why

nobody has stamped his as gov koch. look at the man's d2's. club for growth, american for prosperity, koch bros, crossroads.

isnt that news that people need? sheesh. 

Where the **** have you been for 4 years and 3 WI State elections, DUmbass?   :whatever:
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 12:10:36 PM »

I already warned him, and publicly so.  I'm a survivor of a blood pressure that once soared to 302/197 (not because of anger and Hate and hysteria, though; a wholly physical over-reaction to a pharmaceutical that had been administered me to elevate a blood pressure w-a-a-a-a-y down in the cellar because of loss of blood).

But I was lucky.

I've been as high as 220/180 and I have a pharmacy of bp meds in my purse now.  :whatever:  If Bob needs anything, he can call me.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 12:14:51 PM »
I've been as high as 220/180 and I have a pharmacy of bp meds in my purse now.  :whatever:  If Bob needs anything, he can call me.

Trust me; even though one feels absolutely normal, in hindsight it turns the hair to ice.

God was definitely looking out for franksolich that day.

I think hypertensive Bob's pushing the button, and he's got to keep in mind God isn't always this way, preferring instead to let some of God's creations self-destruct.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 12:28:24 PM »
Trust me; even though one feels absolutely normal, in hindsight it turns the hair to ice.

God was definitely looking out for franksolich that day.

I think hypertensive Bob's pushing the button, and he's got to keep in mind God isn't always this way, preferring instead to let some of God's creations self-destruct.

My last two checks on BP were 123/77 and 113/67. Somewhat overweight and drink coffee from getting out of bed to going to bed.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 12:37:32 PM »
My last two checks on BP were 123/77 and 113/67. Somewhat overweight and drink coffee from getting out of bed to going to bed.

Wow, thundley, those are great numbers. I don't know where this is coming from. I've "passed" all their tests. Guess I'm just hot-blooded  :-)
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 01:02:33 PM »
Wow, thundley, those are great numbers. I don't know where this is coming from. I've "passed" all their tests. Guess I'm just hot-blooded  :-)

My lifestyle habits should make me a prime candidate for high BP, so it makes me wonder what else might be going on.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 01:11:00 PM »
My lifestyle habits should make me a prime candidate for high BP, so it makes me wonder what else might be going on.

Medicine's like economics.

In economics, there's billions and billions of factors, known and unknown, that affect something, but because that's too many things to consider, economists concentrate on only five or six known factors, to come up to the conclusions they usually do.

And yes, that's reasonably accurate, relying on that puny number for factors.

But it doesn't take much--an alteration of only one of billions and billions of factors, known and unknown--to upset the whole applecart; the "exceptions" to the rule.

Medicine, same thing.  If one's a chain-smoker of cigarettes, a big guzzler of booze, overweight, sedentary, an epicture of fine foods, the known and considered factors dictate that one's going to get high-blood-pressured.

Which is generally, usually, most of the time, true; it happens.

But in rare instances, it doesn't seem to happen.

That's because there's some other factor involved, that's either not considered important, or not seen.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 01:14:23 PM »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c1m2BAg2Sc[/youtube]

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 01:20:53 PM »

Medicine, same thing.  If one's a chain-smoker of cigarettes,Yep. a big guzzler of booze,use to be overweight,slightly. sedentary,sometimes. an epicture of fine foods,beef, it's what's for dinner. the known and considered factors dictate that one's going to get high-blood-pressured.

Which is generally, usually, most of the time, true; it happens.

But in rare instances, it doesn't seem to happen.

That's because there's some other factor involved, that's either not considered important, or not seen.

My mom was on BP medicine for years, but my dad never was.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 01:21:49 PM »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c1m2BAg2Sc[/youtube]

Saw them at the old Spectrum in Philly back in the late 70s!
Piney Power!!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 02:12:00 PM »
My mom was on BP medicine for years, but my dad never was.

Well, that's the rub here, in both yours and my instances.

In theory, based upon the factors that are known and considered, you should have it.

But being one of the rare ones who doesn't, apparently there's something else, dismissed as unimportant, not worth considering, or some unknown factor, involved.

In my instance, science shows franksolich to be genetically inclined towards diabetes; after all, it's been the scourge of my parents and siblings.  And one can't resist genetics; I'm so nervous about this I have it checked four times a year.  There's no way in Hell I want to end up like they did.

However, I don't have it, never had it.  The blood sugar levels--since I was 18 years old and out on my own, every time--swing between the high 80s and low 90s, never outside of that range.

Well, one can't resist genetics, but perhaps there's something I do, or am, that while the trigger's there, it's never pulled.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 02:33:51 PM »

Well, one can't resist genetics, but perhaps there's something I do, or am, that while the trigger's there, it's never pulled.

I think there is a lot about genetics and predisposition to disease that medicine doesn't yet understand. 

Last year saw more than 1.6 million new cancer cases diagnosed in the US. While environmental and genetic factors are known to drive cancer development, a new study by researchers from the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center in Baltimore, MD, claims two thirds of cancer cases in adults are a result of "bad luck."
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/287542.php

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 03:15:30 PM »
Well, that's the rub here, in both yours and my instances.

In theory, based upon the factors that are known and considered, you should have it.

But being one of the rare ones who doesn't, apparently there's something else, dismissed as unimportant, not worth considering, or some unknown factor, involved.

In my instance, science shows franksolich to be genetically inclined towards diabetes; after all, it's been the scourge of my parents and siblings.  And one can't resist genetics; I'm so nervous about this I have it checked four times a year.  There's no way in Hell I want to end up like they did.

However, I don't have it, never had it.  The blood sugar levels--since I was 18 years old and out on my own, every time--swing between the high 80s and low 90s, never outside of that range.

Two words: sour cream.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 03:16:28 PM »

I could have told you that.

:fuelfire:
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 10:50:15 PM »
I could have told you that.

:fuelfire:

Check it and see...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skle7xuHkoU[/youtube]

I've got a fever of...
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 11:02:25 PM »
Strange, after busting my butt, mine returned to normal, even lower. 115/65 and 108/60
Go figure?  :confused:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”